[Video] Bullying Tanks on Amerish

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by blackboemmel, Aug 17, 2021.

1. blackboemmel

• Up x 5
  2. RabidIBM

Thank you for the examples of just how stupid the cloak flash is.
    • Up x 3
  3. Mithril Community Manager

Very interesting ! Thanks for sharing :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

is this your new harasser Knarz? :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Twin Suns

sTanks getting killed by a cheese vehicle, with hardly any risk. Loose that cloak and I bet it’s different?
  6. Clone117

Even without the cloak those vehicles likely wouldve gotten wrecked. The flash is still the weakest by far. But since there cheap if you can get a couple guys together to chain pull even turbo fury flashes you can decimate an armor collumm. Seems severely underused.
  7. RabidIBM

This is about the quality of argument I would expect. If this guy were capable of doing this without the cloak he'd be showing us. Also, their*
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

o_O Oh please, the only way to do what you see here is with a lot of skill from the driver on his approaches and 2/3's prayer that your passenger is skilled enough to toss C4 at the right time. :D In all of my years of playing, I have never been killed like this from a bike team. For one, I am not crazed enough to sit still, which literally 90% of the tanks were doing. :( Even so, there is a reason there is only 1 or 2 kills per scene, it is because he has to then drive back to a base and let his passenger grab more C4, so that is a turnover of like 5 minutes per bombing. ;) Hardly world ending. Especially since a well placed Heat Round or a turbo boost from a Magrider would have halted their plans.

:D Cool Video B. Keep making them mad. Perhaps they will learn to--
    • Up x 1
  9. LordAnnihilator

Ok, so when you're shelling a point, a hostile armour column, or some other target, are you constantly driving around at top speed? Because most tanks post up and take aim, since its a lot easier to land your shots while stationary or at least not bumping around on uneven terrain. I doubt moving around would help these tankers that much, since the Flash would just stalk them and wait for them to stop? Or if theyre just moving in and out of cover, just wait for them to jump back. I can get that its slightly different with a Magrider, but running over people is a lot less reliable due to the fact you could just drift over their heads.

Not everyone has a godlike situational awareness, which is why most people won't hear a cloak flash coming, whip around and one-bang them with their weapon of choice. There's a perfectly good reason why people don't like it. You might have never had a problem with them, and I know I've never been ganked by a cloak flash while in a vehicle (roadkilled or shotgunned on foot on the other hand...), but some people have problems with them. Most of the commenters here see it as a crutch, a cheap tactic from a 50 Nanite pittance of a vehicle. I don't have the experience to offer an opinion, but I can safely state being run over by a suprise flash out of nowhere isn't fun.
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:eek: Constantly! As fast as my Boosters, Treads and HOPEFULLY SOON Wheels, (GIVE PLAYSTATION THE NEW N.S.O. VEHICLE UPDATE!!!!) can carry me while appearing to say no to the enemy because between my reload I am panning left and right to make sure nobody is approaching me. I have been told that it looks like my Magrider knows how to dance. ;) For one thing if your team is going to sit there and fight, you should be trying to flank to take their attention off of the main force and make it easier for them to push in and or force them into your teams MIGHTY MAW!!!

:) In a Prowler, jetting around at 90kph is the ONLY way to fight if you want to live and some of my worst enemies actually uses their Prowlers as though they were Harassers. Meaning they can drive them into enemy columns at full speed, circle and exit with their lives in tact. Unchecked I have seen twin Prowlers take on and destroy 10 other vehicles 4 of which were M.B.T.'s o_O A Vanguard?! Built right they are WORSE. So I have no sympathy for ultra casual players who do not put any time into the game and fall for little pranks like this. :confused: This is not a casual pick up and play game. It is a game made for you to invest time, effort and if you are cert smart, money. Time equals experience; experience equals victory. Cause and effect, plain and simple.

You do not have to have Sixth Sense heightened situational awareness, just a bit of common sense.
    • Up x 1
  11. blackboemmel

Why didn't you give us these examples if you've been keen on them?
    • Up x 1
  12. blackboemmel

Whenever you feel like nobody loves the game you're working for... - go to my channel and watch more interesting fanboi stuff. ;)
  13. blackboemmel

For me it is important that i get the pizza delivered hot. If it's a Flash, a Harasser, an ESF or whatever is delivering it is of secondary importance. :rolleyes:
  14. blackboemmel

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    I think there are not many options to fight tankers with their "Invincible Armour Column" tactics. And if you tried this on your own you'd know that every random sniper you have to pass is a risk. A single tank mine is a risk. Everybody with good ears is a deadly risk.
    Are you a tanker main by any chance?
  15. blackboemmel

A Flash without cloak gets spotted once and then dies in seconds. There are tankers (especially in groups) that are easy to kill without cloak. But you would not get there without getting spotted very often.
    • Up x 2
  16. blackboemmel

I'm doing this on loud, uncloaked Harassers since 2016. Does that count?
    • Up x 1
  17. Demigan

Ah yes this has nothing to do with the extremely open terrain of the location making it impossible to prevent a cloak flash from coming through, the fact that a Flash has the same engine sound on all factions, the fact that he uses it behind enemy lines to make it a natural assumption that it is an ally or the fact that he's engaging players who are already busy with other things making it hard for them to kill them in time. You even see how this works when one Prowler notices immediately, but only has one shot left in the barrel and then can't reload in time to finish the job.
    There is skill involved in the throws and approach, but its not rocket science.

The only reasons I would guess that you were never caught by this is because few people do it, and that you might just not even realize how you were killed.
    • Up x 1
  18. blackboemmel

Only very few things in this game are "rocket science". (The first thing coming to my mind is hitting ESFs with a Decimator:)).
    The easiest way to take out a tank is just outnumbering/ganking/zerging. Doesn't matter how skilled the tank crew is, they can not escape. Another easy way is pulling one or more Liberators and/or Valkyries. A cloaked Sundy in a good (high) position surrounded by 5+ lock-on Heavies is another very effective but "no rocketscience" way to take out vehicles (especially ESFs btw).
    That's why i never understood the "massive hate" i got for some of my tactics. Just because they are different?

The intention of this video was indeed to show how "easy" it is to take out 14 tanks in 27 minutes with the powers of a cloak Flash, a super smart pilot and me sitting on the back seat with C4. I got zero rage tells. Nobody complained or seemed to be annoyed. I don't think anybody reported us for this move.
    What a difference compared to my sessions where i chain pull C4 Reavers! Tankers go literally nuts! (See 0:43 in this montage.)
    I thought chainpulling C4 Flashes and making a video about it would make them tankers think and find out that C4-Reavers are "hard-mode" to perform. At least compared to a C4-Flash. Which is in my opinion still "hard-mode" compared to the options in the first paragraph.

The truth is that i am familiar with special moves and salty reactions. Back in 2016 we mastered the art of throwing C4 from a Harasser back seat. If you haven't seen it you won't believe how salty tankers and especially Harasser mains got because of this.
    My mate "WarmetaL" and me earned tons of insults, hackusations and ultra strange anti-propaganda that we finally decided to stay away from gameplay discussions in general.
    Today every top notch Harasser crew at least tries this move, many mastered it. The old Harasser elite ("you use C4 = you bad") is gone or silent. (Aaaargh - good! Silence. Finally.)

My evergreen tip for players that "tilt" about an OP enemy:
    Try what the enemy is doing. Use his weapon/vehicle/whatever. If you're really OP with that stuff (sorry, in most cases i will doubt that) you have something you can switch to whenever you need to decompress because Auraxis is such a mean place. :confused:

Last not least: My mate released another outstanding C4-Harasser video today, but nobody cares:
    • Up x 1
  19. Clone117

fury flash by far. Is one of the best anti armor tools. 1. Its cheap. 2. Can easily create chaos. And 3. If pulled en mass. Has the potential to decimate armor. The cloak isnt even necessary here. Turbo works just has well. Its got the agility to survive most situations when spotted. And Has the potential to bait ppl who give chase towards their deaths. Run it along side friendly armor During armor battles and you can easily take the pressure off of them. Why? Because everyone will try to target the flash first seeing it as an easy kill. And if ignored? Can pose a deadly threat.
    • Up x 1
  20. Exileant

:D Oh come on, Demi.... Really? The guy was all in the mountains after Magriders with this thing. That was very unstable. As B said, very few things in this game are rocket science, it is a game. Destiny 1 tried placing Rocket Science in their game in order to get the Original Outbreak Prime and let me tell you if it were not for the novelty and utter LUX of the weapon..... Mm! This is pure tactical awareness. If you assume anything in a real battle you will not come home. ;) Apply that logic to the War Game simulator that actually uses BULLET DROP physics. o_O If you hear something, it takes no time at all to look in its direction, if it is a friend, no harm done. You wasted 2 seconds to raise your barrel to say: :cool: "Sup, little snitch." It is not like the gas peddle is glued to your turret. You can still be moving in the same direction at the same speed. o_O 9/10 it will not be a friend, in which case you shake your barrel in remorse at what you are about to do. Friends do not sneak up on tanks, nor do they ride behind them, for any reason. For one, tanks are wide and obstruct shots. Two, they are wide, and if they decide to reverse, unless you are in a Magrider that is your glass. :( (Once again, Vanu draws the short straw....) Three, behind a Friendly tank is a flat out nightmare for one key reason that eclipses all others, FRIENDLY FIRE. Some people are easily annoyed or spooked by the sound, some just playful. BOTH yield the same result..... A round in your direction. So no, them all sounding the same is not an excuse.

;) I stick to my guns here. If you die to a Flash in a Tank, it was completely your fault. Even more so when in a Prowler because it has two barrels. o_O What you saw here took a lot of skill when it comes to tossing, but overall it is only effective to a point... I know of several EASY ways to stop this. One of which involves no movement at all. ;) If a tech wants me to elaborate as a test, I will in the report section.