[Vehicle] Javelin Weapon Targeting/Convergence/Alignment Bug Mk2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Botji, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Botji

So since this has not been fixed yet I just want to bring a bit more attention to it.
  2. Liewec123

honestly its best to not bother with any of them except nest launcher
    (which i wish didn't get removed for those of us who had it unlocked before the NSO patch.) and the default salamander,
    i also wouldn't bother using first person ever, you can aim just as well (if not better) in 3rd person.

Celeste suffers from hilaaaarious damage drop off to the point were it becomes comical. (167 shots to kill a vanguard at 50m.)
    and Hydra might aswell have "THIS IS A MEME WEAPON" as its description since it shoots a ridiculous and useless line of bullets.
  3. Botji

I would but for whatever reason I decided to go for the auraxium on all of them, its a slow painful climb even without any bugs denying you kills. The reason I switch to first person when shooting is because I was wondering wtf was going on when shots were flying up into the sky so now I go into first person to make sure I have my aim right.

And yeah I 100% agree that the only real weapons for the Javelin is Nest and Salamander, both the already terrible Celeste and Hydra are just destroyed by the above bug because you have to be in their face to do anything with them but its also at close range this bug happens.

Hydra is just such a badly thought out weapon, basically a shotgun with forced maximum dispersion on the pellets no matter the range, making it impossible to hit all of them unless you shove it up someones rear and even then the shots alternate from left and right as seen in the first clip so you can still miss them because you are at point blank range, shooting to the sides of the target.
    Its also afaik the only weapon that fires 3-4 pellets per trigger but also actually consumes 3-4 ammo which with stock upgrades leaves you with a 27 shot weapon with 3 pellets each, if only 1 pellet hits(most of the time) you need 36 hits to grind through the chest of a HA with overshield... its as you said, a meme weapon as you are far from certain to kill a lone infantry even if you start the attack from behind. Meanwhile cloak flashes roam around with 1 hit kill shotguns and proper AI machineguns like Kobalts.

Celeste is similarly gimped, 50 m/s velocity on the shots is just horrible and going from 500 damage @10m to 30(!!!!!!!!) after 50m is so silly im almost certain they made a typo and it should be a 300 damage minimum though considering how stupidly slow the projectiles are im honestly confused why they even bother with a minimum damage for it, why not always do 500 damage? Its not like you will be sniping with it anyway... or keep the damage drop off and put another 0 behind the 50 m/s velocity so the shots have a good chance of hitting a moving target at close range.

Either way, it forces you to shove it up someones rear to do damage but sometimes the shots just go flying to the heavens, no worry I just reload, it takes a fast 5 seconds because there is just no way im dumping certs into this weapon to speed it up to a 'amazing' 4.5 seconds. Tbh the reload upgrades could be 0.3 seconds per rank for a total of 1.5 seconds faster reload at max level and the AV weapons(NestnCeleste) would still be mediocre compared to whats out there.

I have a little list of things I would wish for the Javelin.
    1. Fixing the weird aiming bug.
    2. Centering all weapons(perhaps the fix to the bug).
    3. Tweaking the Celeste stats.
    4. Reduce the erection syndrome, make Javelin not so prone to pointing the front up into the air and make it lower faster so cresting a hill is not 2-3 seconds of slowly waiting on your nose to point down at your target.
    5a. Increase Javelin speed, why is the paper armour jet engine with a seat strapped to it half as fast as a stock Harasser?
    5b. Increase Javelin boost energy, starting the boost instantly takes like 70% of the energy and the remaining is used up real fast, would be nice to either be able to boost longer or use shorter bursts more often to increase survivability and just general mobility to not be as slow as a Sunderer.
    6. Extend the time that Nest projectiles both exist/travel as well as when they will lock on to a target, now if something is 'too far away' they will just fly past and not lock on.
    7. Make the Hydra not consume 3 ammo per shot = half viable at range as a bullet hose/suppression.
    • Up x 1