NSO max

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orakel, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Orakel

Hi,

Is there any ETA when NSO max geting nerfex/fixed/balanced yeah ?
    • Up x 1
  2. JustGotSuspended

Yeah its just crazy annoying how long they've been in this absurd state. As if there wasn't enough cancer to deal with. smh
  3. Liewec123

well like ordinary maxes 1 c4 does the trick.
    unlike ordinary maxes though NSO max has no automatic weapons so hitting a speeding LA is difficult,
    also unlike ordinary maxes NSO max has no Ordnance Armour,
    so if you're having trouble with NSO max, grab LA, hit ambusher jet and oneshot them :)
  4. JustGotSuspended

they move much faster to easily avoid C4 with it's detonation delay and how bugged it is. Besides they can absorb more than a brick with their shield ability.
  5. Bonemiser

I wasn't aware they were a balance issue. Is the AoE and bubble that big of a deal?
  6. Liewec123

They can't outrun a c4 detonation,
    also unless it's changed recently, even at full health the resistance from bubble won't save you from a c4 oneshot.
    (I haven't used it in a while though since I prefer to use timebomb.)

But yeah, NSO maxes are extremely susceptible to c4 and rockets since they lack Ordnance Armour.
  7. JustGotSuspended

so the 2hk infinite ammo nades that shred infantry and other maxes alike seemed fun and balanced? dam
  8. JustGotSuspended

I've been on both ends, pretty sure they can.

Bubble should save you from C4, not sure if you need to have it maxed out but yeah it definitely survives a C4, leaves you with maybe 20% health? Haven't really tested it on my defector; I prefer timebomb as well.

NSO maxes are much faster and have much smaller hitboxes than regular maxes. They've basically got the benefits of infantry with the percs of a max. Hitting rockets on them is painfully difficult, and they can't be C4ed easily either.
    But the biggest issue is the fact their nades are just broken. Idek who thought it was ok to leave them in such a state for so long, it's ridiculous.
  9. Botji

I agree that they need a nerf and I dont really see why anyone would use anything but the Hummingbird launcher, its slightly slower and does slightly less damage than the standard Grenade Printer but has 1 more shot before you have to let it cool down and it still 2-3 hit kills infantry without flak armor and only needs 1 more hit to kill MAXes... but its also lock-on against all vehicles, literally a anti-everything weapon.

Having used the shield to do the missions I can also say that it does seem to allow you to tank at least 1 C4. There have been times where a LA dropped a C4 on me and I just toggle the shield and take almost no damage, like 1/4th gone but it might just be classic PS2 weirdness because other times it has done a lot of damage as well... I almost want to say that it usually does less damage if the C4 is inside the shield?

Not to brag but I am quite good at throwing the grenades so it seems really powerful, shredding waves of infantry and MAXes alike and being really potent area of denial units with their splash damage as well as lock-on ability but I have also seen other Defectors more or less get slaughtered by just 1-2 infantry because they couldnt hit them and the grenades flew wildly all over the place. They do have at least a small skill floor and perhaps luckily not every single Defector running around gets there, they still definitely need a nerf though.

That said, I have no clue how to actually nerf them without making them useless. If the grenades are nerfed and it takes 3-4 hits to kill even non-flak and non-HA infantry then they would be kinda crap. Infantry with Flak are already almost a hard counter to them, HA with Flak needs 5 direct hits to kill with the Hummingbird and it can fire 7 without waiting on cooldown.. so 1-2 Flak HA is often enough to deal with a Defector, if they can hit it and it cant run away ofc.

Only option I really see is to actually remake some of the weapons to more standard MAX weapons instead of these that do a bit of everything and sometimes a bit too well(Hummingbird).
    • Up x 1
  10. Bonemiser

Didn't say it was fun lol, just seems pretty comparable to things like Mattocks. Hell, shield is comparable too. Slightly longer TTK but way better AoE and defense when it's active. The ammo is the real nit to pick, albeit Ammo Printer and Engineers are common enough for it to not really matter even for regular MAXes. I would be surprised if they changed it, pleasantly surprised perhaps but surprised nonetheless.
    • Up x 1
  11. JustGotSuspended

Fair point, although mattocks have some rng, no splash and have damage dropoff, and limited ammo. Although yeah ofc maxes are meant to be surrounded by support so ammo is just a nitpick.

But I'm kinda disappointed a dude thought infinite nades on a max was a sick idea. Though not surprised.