[Suggestion] NC Max Weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RigorMortiis, Jul 24, 2021.

1. RigorMortiis

NC needs a ranged max weapon that is decent. The gorgons being an only option is not cool. Sure shotguns can hold a room down, until someone with ambushers and C4 just nukes the room. While TR and VS maxes just walk across battlefields indoors or outdoors mowing stuff down because of the range. Mattock is the best NC max weapon. yet has a slow ROF.. watch a TR and VS max.. literally for a few minutes and you come to this realization very VERY quickly. We got a buff to Mattocks recently, to which people complained and it was nerfed in less than a week..
    How NC maxes are still in this state for this long is unbelievable. I wouldn't even care if we LOST shotguns..(not saying that should happen) give us a Full auto ranged weapon that competes. This has gone on way too long.
  2. Liewec123

The post-buff Mattocks were overperforming, I think their range is about right now,
    I do wish grinders and hacksaws had a little more cqc bite,
    but overall I'm fairly happy with how NC Max has came back from the dead,
    the nerf pretty much removed them from the game,
    and I didn't think we'd ever see them useable again.
    • Up x 2
  3. TR5L4Y3R

Mattocks and the Hacksaw need to be slug weapons with greater range
  4. JustGotSuspended

Mattock already has more range than the blueshift/mercy and is more effective. Hacksaw is meant to be a cqc option, it's already fine where it is.

Only thing I might tweak a bit are the grinders, give them a bit more range, trade-off is a little less damage.

Rest is fine if not slightly strong.
  5. Botji

https://ibb.co/RhDzDm5

^ that medic is 50m away, the next target is on the 30m line and most MAXes wouldnt even bother shooting at them unless there literally was no other targets around no matter if you have shotguns or not and last time this was relevant the testing I did put the shotguns as overperformers in 10-20m range and did similar at 30m but started to sometimes lose out on 40m depending on RNG and at 50m they were very RNG dependant(as were the other AI MAX weapons of the other factions).

People seem to lose their sense of range when talking MAX weapons, even the 10m targets are 'far away' when you consider where most MAXes are used.