Mount the Dalton on lightnings, MBTs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Jul 23, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

Why don't we give the ground vehicles access to such a powerful weapon?

I also suggest doubling the health pool, speed and adding a turbo to ground vehicles as well. Oh and completely remove any turret elevation/angle restrictions.
    • Up x 4
  2. BlackFox

SAM systems for MBT would be fun - not with a lock on but proximity guided like the Striker launcher
    • Up x 5
  3. FLHuk

"Thou shalt not nerf air, thy lord commanded it so."
    • Up x 7
  4. Liewec123

effective AA seems to not be allowed in PS2.
    You can stick a Tankbuster on your lib and nuke tanks in seconds, but good luck asking for a skybuster!
    I want to see lightnings with a Shredder variant as an AA option,
    Skyguard is useless so let's give lightnings quad-Walker instead!
    • Up x 8
  5. Botji

I am happy that this rule has actually been broken with the latest update, NSO has access to some actual G2A weapons that are almost brutally effective and I suspect they will get nerfed inte the 'ground' soon, at least if more people catch on and start using them in mass to cause the salt to flow more.

MAX/Defector: Hummingbird
    Typically not fast enough to catch up to fast reacting ESF/Liberators but for whatever reason seems capable killing ESF with one 'clip', Have not dont any real testing with them but have killed plenty of ESFs, some that came over and over again trying to kill me so I assume they were recently pulled and had taken minor or no damage before since it seems consistent that if you start with no heat, you are able to throw out enough of these to kill them before/as you overheat the weapon.

Chimera: Siren
    The 2ndary turret, dumbfire rockets that have a fairly big lock on range on aircraft as they get closer, depending on ESF upgrades, kills with 2 salvos(1 reload). Really effective since they dont get any warning before the missiles gets closer and instantly slams into them, taking almost 50% of their health away then with stock reload times, 3.5 seconds later they get peppered again. Even if they dont die they usually dont come back because they were very close to dying there.

The reason I think these will be nerfed hard is that both of these weapons are also very effective against other targets, Hummingbird is a 2-3 hit kill on infantry without any explosive defence, its also very effective against other MAX suits, locks on to all vehicles.. Dont really see why you would use any other weapon aside from 'today I dont feel like being a anti-everything suit'.

Same with the Siren, its a 8 shot rapid fire missile turret doing 200 damage on direct hits to infantry. It has a decent spread on the shots so anyone close/mid range is usually just dead to a spray of these, they are also Light anti-vehicle damage so the 100 direct damage they do is actually 120 damage per shot against tanks, giving the weapon a potential 960 damage per 3.5 second base reload, a Halberd does 720 damage with a 3.25 second base reload... its actually a fairly potent ground AV weapon and only drawback is the spread means you can miss some shots at long range but again the high damage potential means that even with some missing you are still often doing similar damage to a Halberd, also extremely brutal against any tank you get behind with the Satyr main turret.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

Yup I use the Siren on my Chimera and it's pretty good,
    I have the Humming bird and yep it has the 'potential' to one clip, but the homing grenades are so slow that they will only kill the noobs who hover around and ignore taking dmg, against anyone who doesn't wish to die they won't get kills,
    same with all AA unfortunately!
    AA can only be lethal when used in 2 or more, like 2 strikers, 2 skyguards etc
    Ironically the best AA for getting kills is the ground stuff, a lockdown AP prowler is especially effective,
    with high velocity rounds and 2 shots per reload, with each shot being able to oneshot ESFs
  7. User8888

Haha, just came back to the game after 1 year, and had 1-2 few fun days until got the same 1 lib in the air farming ground over and over, that reminded me why i quit last time and not to buy a sub again cause il regret it really fast.
    • Up x 1
  8. Clone117

Honestly im starting to think that greatly increasing the velocity of those tank shells would solve alot of issues. Same goes for dumbfire rockets.
    • Up x 1
  9. Broffensive

It's funny that you mention that because they used to be high-velocity until CAI, where they were slowed down greatly to "improve the dynamic between armor and infantry" (which actually just meant making farming infantry at close range more preferential than actually having tank v tank fights at mid and long ranges).
    • Up x 3
  10. Botji

Having high velocity shells doesnt help if there is a Liberator/Valk/ESF sitting on your head raining death on you and counting on someone in your faction to deal with it is about as safe as assuming that your kitten will call the fire dep for you if your house catches fire.

I dont think buffing all G2A weapons is a good idea either, I would much rather that there were limited/specialized vehicles for it that were effective.. like the Skyguard. Gives are a clear target to be wary of and makes it a clear target for any ground forces to quickly kill to allow friendly air into the area.
  11. Clone117

sure thats true but having high velocity shells and dumbfire rockets would still pose a greater threat to air among other things than not having them. It extends their effective range of engagement and makes said weaponry less helpless in the long run speaking of skyguard. Our aa turrets should get a velocity increase as well. The amount of lead you have to pull to hit a target at relatively short ranges is ridiculous.
    • Up x 1