Weekend Gamer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrojonKing 1st, Jul 18, 2021.

1. TrojonKing 1st

Please can PS2 have staff on at weekends to ban cheaters. This is the second weekend I have been on in a row and Had my game ruined by cheaters. But today was the last straw there was some NC dick head by the name Soulberner or something who ****** the alert up so TR could not win. because of is head shooting every one from spawn room or teleporting. Now this has pissed me off and I do not even pay a subscription, Surely after nearly tens years of this exploit you would of thought that PS2 would have found away to stop it?????
  2. RabidIBM

What server? Did you /report? Do you have a link for stats?
    • Up x 1
  3. JustGotSuspended

Don't use in game report, capture footage or screenshots, make a ticket on the website or just mail it to cheater@planetside2.com.

Doesn't matter if its a weekend or not they should have people on making bans. There has been a cheater this week on cobalt and emerald(same guy). He was even livestreaming footage of him on youtube. It was Saturday maybe 2-3am back at DBG. Well about 30 minutes after my report the dude got kicked.

Just report properly and it works relatively quick.

https://www.planetside2.com/news/building-strong-community-reporting-article-2021
    • Up x 4
  4. TrojonKing 1st

I live in the UK and I think it was with my NSO miller account. So what's the in-game reporting tool used for? I can't be bothered with wasting my Game play time to logout and shut my game down just to report dick's like him. Normally I walk away
  5. JibbaJabba

At launch when there were 4x the number of servers and packed continents on each one (full blown server queues, not just continent queues) then they had live in-game GMs. The /report function (as well as /bug) also does an automatic /loc and other info to let those GMs respond in realtime. We used to see server wide announcements when they said goodbye to a hacker.

But over time the cheaters got way less as holes got patched and the game declined in population. The need for realtime GMs just wasn't great enough to be affordable.

It all got left up to the shared DBG customer service (that serves everquest and whatnot as well).

But for the reasons described in the wrel press release above they've opted to go to add an other method that is faster and skirts DBG CS.
    • Up x 2
  6. TrojonKing 1st

@jibbajabba
    I remember those day's. Hacking was prolific back then but It brought so much joy to me seeing the name of the Just banned person/cheater posted up for every one to see, after he just killed you in the last base 5 or so times from within a rock or wall. At least you could see something being done then were as now you Mite get a report of 6 hackers banned this month or something.
    • Up x 2
  7. Towie

Halcyon days for sure but that was a very long time ago.

In 2016:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/more-cheaters-lately.240120/#post-3388300

"Not so long ago the devs would post a message when playing the game on hackers who were banned mid game - sometimes with funny comments - which was very good to see. Sadly I haven't seen this for several months now."

I fear they just don't have the cash anymore - I often wonder how many people are actually still paying and fear it's 'not a lot'.
    • Up x 2
  8. TrojonKing 1st

I started playing this game on and off since 2013 so yea I'm old thanks :p
    It would be nice if Public Cheat Banning was brought back . Alas you could be right about the membership dropping :( but
    I'm not going to throw the towel in just yet as they have Kinda sorted the faction balance out some what with NSO. Which has made Fights at base's fight more fun that's if you can drag them out of a bio lab fight.