Stop ruining the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kaw74, Jul 10, 2021.

1. kaw74

First you Disable Ti Alloy's, now you can't spawn at Bio Labs, What is going on? We want to farm but you keep taking it away from us, Listen to the gamers, if you keep taking the fun things away people will start playing something else.

Get your act together and sort it.
    • Up x 6
  2. Bonemiser

Agreed, I'm personally not a fan of the extra walk just to take a one-way teleport into a camped box room. There aren't enough good bases left. Crux Mining is the only wild and crazy meat grinder that gets my blood flowing these days, and that's one cont. on one side that doesn't always stabilize into a bloodbath at point B.
    • Up x 2
  3. DarkQuark

The devs are like politicians. They know what you want they just don't seem to care and will force their vision of the world upon you.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

there are still a few, but yeah the devs seem to be hunting and eliminating them one by one, they seem to hate us having fun.

first they moved most of the A points from inside the tower bases, then we lost the esamir biolabs and mani triangle,
    then TI land bridge, then TI entirely, now all biolabs.

and it seems their only attempt at catering to our love of meat grinders was Containment Sites,
    which are just freaking awful, they suffer from the same long walk back to the fight that biolabs do with teleporters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Warspine

Love the game, but all days ends with stealth and snipers and the feeling of a total grief. I allway log out in frustration of not beeing able to just fight. It's allways the stealth game. It's not a small part of it. It's allways there. Destroying it. And do s u about moving around. i can still hate the damn thing.
    • Up x 2
  6. Blue_Lion

Not for having fun, they are focus on the goal of lock downs. Farm fights often cause the two factions in them to loose an alert. A base should not have a fight the whole alert. - The goal is for your big fight to be actually gaining ground one way or another. -That said those that like farm fights will hate it but, the games goal is to capture bases, farm fights tend to ignore that.
  7. BlackFox

Or they could take a look at the gunplay and make it more suitable for bigger fights. I repeat myself like a broken record on this, I know.

The gunmechanics lean towards the competetive arena shooter mechanics made for duels, that's why smaller battles are often more fun to fight in. In the bigger battles it takes too long to take out an enemy without concentrated fire from several people, reminding me of the line infantry tactics from the 18th / 19th centuries. That dodging is an essential part is also a bit wierd as it's limited by the space and the mass of people in such battles.

The NSO exclusive guns fit the design of Planetside the most currently - they have the range, damage and precision to effectivley play the game like any other class shooter. That's why the robots shine in bigger battles, they can bring down enemies fast enough to make a difference when played correctly
  8. Blue_Lion

I do not think smaller fights are more fun to fight in, it is pushing against a big force and trying to gain ground that is the most fun. And I am not a farm fighter I play to win alerts. The farm fighters would rather be in a large fight than low pop base caps.
    Given that we have one shot kill weapons and ones that kill quite quickly even a 1 vs 1 duel can be over in almost no time. In large fights i can take out an enemy just fine without the need of focus fire as long as you are not the one being focused fired.