What is up with today's gaming companies and updates?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wagner Strauch, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Wagner Strauch

Hey! What is up with this TERRIBLE timing that developers are releasing updates or doing maintenance on servers?
    Does anybody know the reason?
    Like for us here in Asia Soltech..
    In the morning servers are super empty but THEY NEVER release the updates/hotfixes in the morning..
    It's always on GOD DAMN PRIME TIME when everyone is back from work and ready to play..
    Why don't they skip that time and wait for F#@!%# morning?
    And this problem is not only with planetside 2 ... many games are always doing this D#%$@ Sh#%..
    LET PEOPLE F#!@%$ PLAY THE GAME FFS!
    Today AGAIN!!! Saturday afternoon??? BUM HOTFIX 2-4 hours off...
    F!#%$!#%!#%!#^%!^@$$@^^@%$^^@$! DOOD!
  2. bluebard

I have no idea about what they are doing for 1 hour long time.
    Definitely this situation is nothing about the scheduled update/maintenance.
  3. Drgnx

Ah, I remember WOW on Tuesdays back in the days, ..... 10 Million unhappy players...
    Unless they do region specific updates times per server, no one is ever going to be happy with a time slot
  4. Liewec123

I remember WoW having server timed updates (though blizzard are weird and give America the updates first and then roll it out to the other timezones the next day.)

But yeah I agree it's pretty stupid that some companies like DBG don't have the foresight to patch different timezones separately.
    I remember a recent double xp weekend, they decided EU primetime on the Friday was the perfect time for an update...
  5. Blue_Lion

The issue is the staff all work in US time zones. The patch for us is in the morning. Now it would be nice for other time zones if they did it different times for each area but that would mean staff working around the clock. (need a tech incase something goes wrong.)
  6. Avendorz

Yeah, they're just dropping updates on all servers at the same time afaik.
    That will effectively always leave people unhappy and I don't see them changing the update strategy.