Hackers are back in full force.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NellyG, Jul 9, 2021.

1. NellyG

Seems every time there's a new update these loser at life come out of their mom's basement to ruin your gaming experience. Guess the only solution is to wait several months before getting back into PS2. I've notice that distinct sound of two "ding" "ding" and you're instantly dead. Then when you track the person you see they have a KD of 7.0 or higher with a new character and also they amazingly reach higher levels in just a few days. Those are some impressive skills... wish I could alter my gaming files to give me that kind of expertise.
  2. JibbaJabba

3. Towie

My biggest beef is simply the timespan that these scumbags are active.

Let's take the most recent a-hole on Cobalt who went full rambo and shot literally everyone no matter where they were standing - walls made no difference - and there are videos: https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=dunkedonyou&show=statistics

In his very first session he achieved a kdr of 10+ with a 50% HSR on the Gauss SAW. I don't care what the denial party say - this is suspicious.

So he was banned straight away ? Nahhh - he played 10 sessions overall, appears to have eluded any sort of statistical detection by switching the aimbot to body shots and played for over 9 hours killing 1500+ people who didn't stand a chance and probably feel a bit dejected with the state of the game. Much like you are feeling right now.

My top tip - ignore them. There's nothing you can do about it - little more that DBG/RPG can do about it (this is apparent) - and the same situation is pretty much part of the fabric of every online game.

If you want a truly cheat-free experience, stick to offline games. The only cheat can ever be you so all's good. Sad but true.
  4. Botji

Cheaters in PS2...Well, one of the things I that happened to me yesterday was as I was flanking a lone dude and I had sensor implant or whatever so no minimap is involved and I have decent hearing to know when or if someone is spotting me, none of that either. As I run up closer I move so a stack of crates are between us and in the short time there was a line of sight he was aiming and shooting at someone else, im on his side so he cant see me even if he was not busy aiming down sights shooting. Great, im behind the crates, still around 40m range so I run up to the crates to get closer and eliminate any chance of him going for cover but before I even round the corner of the crates he yells "ENEMY HEAVY SPOTTED!" as he somehow spots me through the crates and im literally dead as I round the corner and see him, couldnt even aim down sights on him or toggle the HA shield because it was a *C-C-C-CLONK* kill as if I had been standing there for a solid 2 seconds to let him aim at me.

Wallhacks lets you spot people through walls? or just some random 1000 ping player or whatever? who knows. He either realized how ******** that kill was and toned it down or it was a latency player because it was not like he was 360-no-scop-backflippin everyone else after that.

Thats the issue with PS2, a lot of really suspicious activity can be completely legit because its ClientSide2 hit detection, its easy to see on tankers because in bad cases you are dead a full second before you even see the tank fire, when that happens with infantry it just looks like a souped up aimbot went to town on you. Also why a lot of people hate infiltrators, you are dead before/as you hear them decloak because on their screen they have already decloaked and popped you in the head or unloaded half their SMG into your body, almost half a second ago.

I do believe most accusations against cheaters in PS2 is simply this, tho there are obviously those that cheat too as it is with any game.
  5. JibbaJabba

See that's the perfect crap to send to cheaters@planetside2.com

31 KD with a SAW over 900 kills..
    41% accuracy means he's hitting his shots. He can aim for sure. But...
    12% HSR means he's NOT aiming for the head???

Yeah, he's sus AF.

So did you send it in??
  6. Towie

He was reported by just about everyone and videos were indeed produced and I have absolutely zero doubt that he is now banned and will never play again (on this character).

BUT - 9 hours ? 1500 kills ? It's just too long - which is my point entirely. It just gets too many people upset / annoyed / frustrated / all of the above.

Check it out for yourself - fairly comprehensive hack, movement, aimbot, noclip, you name it.

(NOTE - not my clip - although there are plenty around)

SURELY checks could be put in place to spot such ridiculous shenanigans ???

Also worthwhile pointing out that this sort of thing is NOT achievable by modifying asset files - this is a bona fide hack that's hooked into the game structures; it is sophisticated, not caught / stopped by Battleye and way beyond the ability of the casual 'give it a go' hacker. Just imagine if he didn't go quite so rambo with it ? Just imagine...
    • Up x 1
  7. RabidIBM

Among the little rumors I've heard over the years:

The game USED to have decent cheater auto-detection. Some truly high level FPS players got a bug where the sun doesn't shine about it. They demonstrated how "easily" a legitimate player could be kicked out of the game by the cheat detection system. They did this with the ultimate method of attention getting: They made a YouTube video about it. Upon realizing that pro gamers would never play a game which auto-removes them, meaning this game would never have an MLG scene, our YouTuber-in-chief disabled the system.

Is this rumor true? Don't know, but wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, KDR > 24 after 2 days...sure...seems legit.
  8. Mechwolf

Just come to PS4, if cheaters don't get banned by DBG, they get banned by Sony for modifying the console.
    • Up x 1
  9. JustGotSuspended

kdr isn't an obvious sign, I've seen dudes who played legit, just using the most cheesy methods and had 50+ kdr after more than a week of playtime. These things aren't hard to farm by themselves.