Yo Daybreak, Check Cobalt. Hacker is active since yesterday terrorizing the server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DerMalle, Jul 7, 2021.

1. DerMalle

Check Title.
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkQuark

You should probably post on Reddit where the cool kids are where there is actually some attention paid to such things. I guess Mithril is a Reddit Community Manager because I don't see him post here often.

I would also suggest you have a lot more detail than what you just posted.
  3. RabidIBM

Mithril was on the forum for the first week or so. He probably got spoken to by Wrel about it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

He edited someone's post 2 days ago. Probably to icnrease readability.
  5. Towie

Agreed - reddit is the best place. Putting anything here will just get you a bunch of people who suggest there isn't an issue. At least on reddit they acknowledge that there is a problem - and plenty of sarcastic remarks along the way.

Don't be prepared to accept that it's all down to the gamerchair :)

Cobalt seems to be targeted a lot at the moment - last night there were three players (all NC) who were ripping through the server but one in particular was just shooting everyone through walls with aimbot on body rather than head.
  6. JibbaJabba

• Up x 2
  7. MaelstromSOB

lol like they spend any time on actually coding a fix for the stupidity that is clientside hit reg
  8. DerMalle

9. JibbaJabba

So thanks for confirming you didn't read what I linked :p

YES there is an ingame way of reporting. Don't use it. ... See the !@#$ link.

If you have a vid and want to put the full effort in, open a CS ticket. AFAIK they have a 100% kick/ban rate within 24hrs (usually within the hour) but it's a pain in the butt.

As a happy medium try the cheater@planetside2.com email. I've not used it myself so can't testify.
    • Up x 3
  10. JibbaJabba

The fix is to reduce the game size to 32v32 or perhaps 64v64 battles.

If you want beyond that, interpolation and prediction can't be done on the server so you'll have to do it on the client.

Find another game.
  11. Towie

It's an interesting point - why bother having an in-game report system and then introduce another reporting route ?

Pretty sure the guys last night were the same as previous judging by hack functionality:

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=niggeps

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=cantbanme

I would suggest the second one has a somewhat mocking name but then i've been lambasted for doing that previously.

I have no doubt these characters are banned but I wonder if anyone actually needed to report via cheater@planetside2.com ? Maybe they just get too many reports via /report (rightly or wrongly).
  12. JibbaJabba

The answer about why bother having an ingame reporting system is also in the link. In addition you'll find that people with offensive names would be better for toxic@planetside2.com.

It's hard to have an informed conversation when the other guy won't inform himself. :p

Try reading the thing: PlanetSide 2 - News - Building a Stronger Community
    • Up x 1
  13. Towie

Consider myself informed !

Ok so the crux of the matter - don't bother with /report. You were right all along.

So why bother having it as an option ? May as well remove it - if it doesn't achieve anything other than a placebo "i've reported something dodgy so surely someone will take a look" then it's just not worth having. If anything, it just makes the matter of reporting a total scumbag more convoluted so you really really must believe he is cheating to bother with the inconvenience ?

What this says to me is that /report is being used far too often (at least too often for anyone to take much interest). As said previously - rightly or wrongly.

As to the recurring scumbags who are currently haunting Cobalt, I really REALLY have to hope that I don't need to @report a cheat achieving 120+ k/d and 2.5k SPM in order to get rid of them...but then maybe I do ????
  14. FLHuk

Towie, you've been around to know enough. You know we know this, you know we know you know this ;)

/report has long been considered useless

They like to keep the blatant ones around so they can learn about the mechanics of their actions.

----
    Even if this isn't true it's been the reason given. Is it crap, yes. Is it acceptable, no. Is it what it is, sadly yes :/
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

Ding-ding!!

That's why. /report was built into the game at launch, includes location info and whatnot and is well suited to an in-game GM who can pop over and take a look. They used to have those at launch but it's hard to afford now.

It's basically useless to confirm if someone was actually cheating after the fect.

For that you need either rampant cheater stats, or video.

Customer service can handle that kinda request and they kinda rock at it best I can tell.

But it's major overhead for a player to open a CS ticket and get the turnaround.

You probably do.

They tried auto kick / ban or whatnot scripts in the past. High skill players took it as a challenge and then made a fuss when they got kicked for NOT cheating.

But.. I think at least that a quick explanation and a link to the stats is all you'll need. No video or anything for something this bad.
    • Up x 1
  16. NSOverhaul

Asking for help about cheating in this game is just Screaming in the Rain.. Hell, it probably was a Developer testing his NEW CHEAT he is going to sell..

These Developers don't care.. 80% of the population is cheating... Was it a guy flying around in a MAX? Cause he was on my server the other day..

You really only have two choices... play or don't play.. And 90% of the people who have played this game decided NOT TO PLAY.. Because the company is disreputable, and run by Grifters.

Funny how its only happening in THIS particular game they OWN, and just with this specific set of developers where this is going on.. and not all the others they run...
  17. Randazzo

18. kassad

07/2021 new cheaters..new cheat code ?

19. Mechwolf

Just go to ps4, no cheaters, when they do cheat, they get banned from multiple sources, not just DBG
  20. JustGotSuspended

glitching through terrain and the flying heavy have been around since the game started. It's the same few guys using the same few cheats, nothing new. Send the recording to the email and they'll be banned in a few hours. The dude was doing the flying max on emerald and got banned in 2 hours on a weekend during early morning hours.