Integration NSO Update -> PS2's Death IMO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 3, 2021.

1. karlooo

Stop ******* up this conversation with the "you're going for the victim mentality" ********t.

I looked at construction reconstructed update objectively and that was the last time. I knew what was going to happen before the update came out, only by reading the notes, but I assumed the devs knew what they were doing and will later finish it up.
    Well guess what they didn't and degraded it to lowest level and as well, they integrated OS into the construction role only to make it a money grab, which later ironically had repercussions on the game.

Did anybody ask for this? No, they twist the words of the community, as I mentioned before, to pursue short term profits. Why? Because they have us, and especially you who defend it, for ret@rded idiots. They are not held accountable for the long term integrity of the game, basically they are incompetent and you support them.
    It will be only your and not the devs fault, when it's too late, because you didn't say anything and looked at the "bright side".

They, those subhuman species tried to sell us Planetside Arena under the name Planetside 3....That says enough, but clearly not for you guys.
  2. karlooo

Uhu sure PS2 is getting so much love, they tried selling us Planetside Arena under the name Planetside 3 and wanted to shut down Planetside 2 before they realized the ppl hated it. I can feel the love.
    They only add for profit because they are not held accountable for the long term integrity of the game, only we, can hold them accountable. But with you guys, I'm not surprised by the devs decisions.

And adding is the last ****t the game needs, it needs a rework. How can you not see this?
  3. T.A.94

You basically promoted it by starting this thread.
    I've been NC main and stoped playing them since 2 years to become NSO main, because NO ONE could complain NSO is OP in the past 2 years.

Also the golden rule in Gamedesign is: Don't listen to the players, because they don't know what they want.

Meaning. What someone likes is disliked by someone else = Impossible to please everyone.

Most resent example:
    Readding the sidelanes on unstable continents. As soon as it got added complains about them and suggestions to remove them poped up on reddit.
    • Up x 2
  4. karlooo

Uhu sure, nice made up story.

Ok, but here is the thing. The factions will never be balanced. The game is designed in a way that only supports accuracy, headshots, numbers....And that's is not based on skill. It's determinant, on your PC monitor hz, PC Hardware, FPS, in-game graphics settings, and weapons and VS tend to have the most accurate infantry weapons. It's just not fun and will always repel new players.

This is impossible to balance with factions having their own traits and abilities. The game needs to be redesigned in a way which does not revolve only around Infantry, and pinpoint accuracy, weapons with low recoil...It needs to be reworked in a way that gives each and every role a real purpose in the objective. That's why I've been suggesting for machines and construction to be limited under the outfit assets (remove OS, bastion, replace and remove everything that is currently there).

That's why I've been mentioning construction a lot, reworking the game to have construction part of it's core, is the pathway to implement everything else, and that will only happen once the entire maps get redesigned.

And I have other suggestions but not now. Just one thing I wanted to mention about small arms, high damage, high recoil weapons are the way to go. The NC 200 damage weapons are so much fun to use, but it can be more.
    Accurate weapons are the way to go if you want your game to die, and that's one thing what NSO is doing.
  5. Craneum123

Why don't you go ahead and prove what I said wrong instead of giving me a nothing-burger of a statement that ironically applies to yourself.
  6. Somentine

Imagine complaining that an FPS game needs you to aim.

bruh
    • Up x 4
  7. T.A.94

Feel free to compare NSOClanker and TigerAlbatros94 on fisu, my two most played characters.

Well accuracy and headshots are based on skill, since it depends on the user. Numbers on the other hand no, there I agree, aswell as network connection.

Basically just like in every other game once again including network connection.

Yeah they may be the most accurate but compared to NC and TR. But the VS has the least versatile arsenal. So it kind of makes sense that the VS vets had to train to consistently hit headshots to stay competitve.

Normal in a game that is almost a decade old.

Sooo you are basically suggesting to make PS2 a large version of COD with extras for Outfits, further excluding potential new players by the latter.

Yeah because this seems to be your profession in game. I already read many posts in this forum and a lot of onesided comments.

Construction has many positive aspects, but should not be unstopable. I myself do it from time to time as well as scouting and burning down enemy construction bases together with 5 or 12 man squads. But it is by no means the way to go, except they implement a energy system similar to PS1, where you needed to transport fuel from the warpgate to all lattice bases to keep them operational.

But back to the topic, of NSOs killing the game.

In theorie this update is the most balanced of all that ever released.
    Because if everyone is playing NSOs they are all equal and there are no imbalances between the NS engagements.
    Keep in mind that NSO weapons may have a slightly higher max dmg range but sacrifice projectilespeed, firerate and an increase in reloadtimes for it.

Also as said/written so many times on this forum and reddit, it is easier to balance NS content, compared to faction specific content for the main empires.
    • Up x 1
  8. karlooo

Are you acting stupid to make me mad? The point is that the meta is not fun, hitting a pixel (aka head) to be able to just compete.

(Btw can you guys not comment on each sentence, it ruins the conversation. Just reply back with a single reply)
    No it's not lol. It depends on how much you play the game - experience, Hardware, in-game settings, gun and its customizations. There is no 'skill'.
    It's a disgusting meta that's going overboard and it's crystal clear that new players can't bare staying in this game because of it.
    Jokingly and off topic, the more you play the game the more power you get from ASP, implant upgrades, etc.
    An experienced player has their settings customized for best FPS, graphics lowered to improve saturation, has their favorite gun unlocked, Implants upgraded to its max, some have ASP, adding to their class even more power, they know the meta....Facing these players is a hideous experience. Nothing fun about this.

Basically if there was damage, there is damage, but the game has low damage, competing depends on hitting the pixel with accurate guns, and all maps depend on zergs. Complete ****show.

Why would it be outdated and what's outdated? I don't see anything outdated just incompetent devs who bastardized it each time.

COD aspects should get entirely removed from the basic part of the game, how can you not see what I'm trying to accomplish with all the suggestions.
    The outfits are the pillar of the game, without them there is nothing to do, no competition, no community, no purpose, no motivation. BUT, I know about their downsides and it can be fixed easily, with radical changes, we can talk about later why not.

It's not balanced, my FPS decreased by 30 in battles, I have to drastically lower my graphics to have somewhat stable FPS but not as good compared to before with high graphics.
    NSO supports the cancer meta, which is the last thing game should have supported.
    And it ruins the factions, as I mentioned at the start.

But as I said before if there was damage, then what is there to balance? lol
    • Up x 1
  9. FABIIK

I completely agree with this. Factions have been watered down to death...
  10. Avendorz

VS winning more alerts probably has hardly anything to do with the different equipment they get.
    Whenever I play NC I ask myself if NC's average player is just blind or ********. They're getting cut off left and right and don't even notice it until 20 minutes later.

From what I've heard NSO weapons really have next to no recoil, which is stupid and should be adressed.
  11. Demigan

Ah no I'm not going to do that. I did that several times already and every time its a litany of excuses, dodges and plain lies when you bring it up.
    The only thing I will awknowledge is that the Scythe is currently the worst performing. I used old data where this wasn't so. Ofcourse there is an easy explanation: the amount of users is tiny and the air game is about veterans. If those leave on one side you instantly have a skewed balance which doesn't happen in other area's where you can actually learn the gameplay by just playing.
    But what can you expect from the faction with the least vets eh?

Ps: if you thought that the last comment was bullcrap, yes it was! Because going off of some random bias does not work! And you specifically target me but not all the idiotic stuff thrown by the rest.
    PS-2: I did adress your point, you used the wrong stats to determine if a weapon was OK or not. Instead of asking me to do the work, again, do it yourself. Unbiased and fully without cherry-picking.
  12. Avendorz

Tbh I somehwat lost the common theme here.
    For example yes, the performance is absolute **** like it hasn't been for months (maybe years), but what does that have to do with game mechanics?
  13. FLHuk

As has been oft proven, there's a link between FPS and RoF.

Plus high end users claiming cloaks are clear as day.

I've gone from 40-50 fps @ 60Hz to a stable 120 fps @ 120Hz and it's night and day easier! So if they knocked me back towards 60fps I'd be very miffed to say the least.

[edit]

Also towards OP, yeah I'm feeling you here just not as strongly I think.

It's a start to an end for factions but hopefully not the game.

I definitely think we're heading towards one faction, three teams.
  14. Demigan

There's actually a very simple reason for this.

If you add a new ES weapon, you need to add 3 distinct weapons to the game. If you dont do that correctly then people will complain about the weapons. Even if you do it correctly they'll complain about it like the VS shotguns that got a useless buff and a useless nerf. No bullet drop versus 25m/s less bullet velocity. On top of that only 1 faction can use the weapon and not everyone on that faction will actually use the weapon.

However if you add an NS weapon (not NSO) then suddenly you dont need to build 3 distinct weapons for each faction. In fact you could sell 3 distinct NS weapons instead! This is then available for everyone on every faction and with a higher amount of users.

Building NS gear is simply easier and more efficient for the devs to focus on, even though it might not be as impactful on the game.

This is why I sometimes argue to focus on more broad faction-traits to be added to all weapons available to that faction, including NS weapons. If a TR Lightning can activate a Barrage ability or the VS could equip a plasma DOT effect as magazine upgrade on both ES and NS weapons you greatly increase versatility and faction uniqueness without having to painstakingly design each new weapon.
    • Up x 2
  15. Avendorz

Yeah, I've heard of those. On the other hand I guess everyone is getting worse performance right now, so it evens out.

What I meant in the first place was where the connection to the NSO faction and the recent updates is to rof and whatnot.
  16. karlooo

If the game had damage then there would have been no need to add in NS and annihilate all the factions.

So, after working for years on Planetside 2, all they figured out was that if they add an ES weapon they must add one for all, and it causes difficulties with balance....and to simplify it they now will only add NS weapons. Is this a sick joke or are they that stupid? I want to ****** puke. They are so stupid that all they can do is just add crap? What do they do everyday if they cannot innovate anything? Well now you could say they innovated something but at an expense of completely destroying all factions, is that the best they can do?

And also is that really the best they could have done in terms of forming the factions. Did they really have in mind adding Barrage to the Lightening? I remember somebody from the dev team mentioning something about modifying the Lightening long time ago but thought it was a joke....and If that is true, then they should be called filthy subhumans and not developers. This is disgusting and me as well. I can't understand how is this possible.
  17. karlooo

Sorry lol
  18. vonRichtschuetz

Blatant balance issues haven been ignored for years. Now we get an update, that:

1. opens a new can of worms of balance issues with the size of an entire faction.
    2. effectively removes the overheat penalty from the Betelgeuse, buffing an op weapon even further.

Meanwhile we have entirely dysfunctional "faction flavor" on TR. Chaingun is useless compared to the other heavy weapons. Rampart shield for the prowler is complete garbage. Despite being the "fast firing" faciton, TR is the only faction without a high rpm 143 carbine - while VS has two.
  19. JibbaJabba

Oh faction X is overpowered always has been blah blah..

If you are still playing only a single faction, you're a noob. I don't care if you've been playing since launch.

NSO is *content*. For Vets who have worked their way through most of the existing content it's a greatly welcome addition and provides many more hours of play. AKA we stick around and spend money instead of being bored with existing content and quitting.

If you're sitting there still on the first 1/4th of the content whining about what *I* am playing then it's gonna fall on deaf ears.

Good luck.
    • Up x 3
  20. karlooo

You know what's more pathetic than your comment, giving yourself a like for that lol.

What do you do in game....Do you like lead a squad? Help new players? Create new and unique strategies?
    Or do you just run around by yourself, try to get killstreaks, boost your K/D by shíting on new players? It's pretty obvious what you do.