Integration NSO Update -> PS2's Death IMO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Jul 3, 2021.

1. karlooo

When I saw this update 2 days ago, I was so ****** furious you couldn't believe lol. But got through it, I don't care anymore and I'll keep it short.

We have 3 unique factions, unique uniforms, colors, traits, ideologies....Now we have outfitless, souless robots, with the best weapons.....Are you ****** insane?!?!

Btw what is NSO supposed to solve anyways? Balance the population? Well let me tell you this. You know what factions the majority of new players join? -> TR and NC. VS always has less pop and would be a dead faction (because it's missing an ideology, it's missing a soul) if the game wouldn't have been so biased in the favor of the Vanu Sovereignty, almost all their weapons are better versions of TR and NC weapons.

VS is the faction with the most vets and an arsenal of weapons that function the best with the game's design. Already in an unhealthy state. NSO won't be reinforcing the "weak" faction, it will reinforce the most cancerous faction that has caused nothing but damage to the game.
    I can bet that 90% of ppl who complained about hackers, had in mind the Vanu Sovereignty.

Why are all funds into souless factions?

Well, I thought the devs ruined construction on purpose, I though they had us for some ret@rds as they tried to sell us a battle royal game as Planetside 3.... But it seems like they have no idea what they are doing. They are simply stupid. What now?
    • Up x 3
  2. GeoNC

Some stupid NS Bollocks here!!! So OP
  3. Liewec123

totally agree there,
    VS already winning almost 40% of primetime alerts (NC and TR are sitting on 27/28%) and VS are doing this with an underpop,
    so making the new fairly OP faction fill out their numbers will only push VS further away from being challengeable.
    • Up x 3
  4. karlooo

I feel sick from this update, like is this was the game needed? Identical robots on each faction, it just does not ****** make sense!
    Why would TR, a national dictatorship with already a great military, want robots added? That most likely are prototypes and not combat ready.
    Why are all the robots armed with weapons that use the same alien technology from Vanu Sovereignty?
    And lastly why does NC have the least amount of robots lol, their lore says that they use any weapon they get their hands on.
    This is a joke.

Like if this robot idea was a straight up copy from the Star Wars Separatist army, it would be cool. Lets say that would be like the NC faction, a mix of humans and robots. You know what, these devs should blatantly copy ideas. At least it wouldn't be as painful, because everything they try to come up with as a unique idea is just stupid.

Copy other ppl's ideas pls.
    • Up x 1
  5. RabidIBM

I think you are overreacting. There were a lot of robots running around when NSO was new, then they thinned out over time. The same thing will happen here. Maybe I'll look like a fool for predicting this, but I think in 2 months we'll be down to only slightly more NSOs running around that prior to this update. Obviously the new kit will resonate with some players who were unimpressed by NSO before, and they will now make the jump, but most players will go back to their characters who actually have all the toys unlocked.

That said, I do agree with this being a wrong path for the game, just not on a doomsayer level. I would like to see more distinction between the factions, not less. Yes, this would result in more griping about faction balance, but if the resources (money spent on wages) that went into the campaign, the sanctuary, even the NSO and of course Arena had instead gone into developing, testing and correcting faction specific equipment, this game would be in a better place right now.

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again, faction population balance could have been addressed with 1% of the dev resources it took to make NSO: Make certs an account asset, boost the underpop exp boost to a level that players might actually relog for it.

What would really make me happy to see would be more faction specific vehicles. There are only 2 per faction, and only 1 that actually handles significantly different. Don't misunderstand me, the ESF weapons are distinct, but the handling of the actual vehicles is remarkably similar. Only the MBTs feel genuinely different. It would also be nice to see some faction specific construction. The only difference between the 3 factions of construction is the logo on the faction banner.
    • Up x 1
  6. karlooo

I doubt. Because NSO will be the only faction that'll receive updates. Everything the devs come up with is crap so, they may rather not touch the other factions.

The devs need to rewrite the PS2 story also, that's another thing. It makes no sense.
  7. karlooo

We play TR, you don't. (Changing topic)
    Ok, lets put it another way because the conversation wasn't supposed to evolve into this nonsense, are you nuts?

Planetside 2...The game has trouble with faction balance, 2v1's, hundreds and hundreds of other problems, I'm not overexaggerating, and devs are adding NSO on top of it, which will cause the irreversible death of PS2. You know why? The devs only think about short term profits. You may say that it's a F2P game, they need to do this to keep the game up and running...
    Well, perusing short term profits, at the expense of the long term integrity of the game, is a ffuking ret@rded business model, OK?? Everything that they do damages the integrity of the game somehow because they are incompetent.

Planetside 2 as a business, would have been much, much more successful if they just improved it lol. It would have been thriving in player numbers. I would love to support the game, but can't anymore and probably others as well because I don't want to fund these subhumans that have us for some ret@rds.
    All that they do is just keep the game from dying and give false expectations to suck the money out of naive ppl.

Yesterday on Twitch TV, I watched a group of friends, new PS2 players, unable to do anything for multiple hours. Just an innocent new player, with nice graphics and all, and couldn't do jack ****t because everyone annihilated them instantly, for hours.
    And it's not like oh they need to learn. You see, there is nothing to learn really lol.
    They had shadows, ambient occlusion on; that's a brutal handicap. The majority of players that they face are level 100's ASP players and as a group they couldn't do anything because the game is all about zergs and supports only that.
    They were frustrated and will never come back. And what did the devs do to improve the new player experience, after 'working' on it, nothing.
  8. Demigan

I do play TR. I also use things that aren't as mixed with bias. I mean take Rabids idea that even if you hit the Vanguard in the rear with the Prowler that the Vanguard would somehow still win. That just isn't true unless the Prowler driver is a complete incompetent. You need to start standing perfectly still and miss shots during the ensueing slugmatch to lose, and that is assuming you don't have a topgunner and the Vanguard does.

Yes I am nuts! But that doesn't mean I can't be right. The Vanguard has historically been the worst performing of the MBT's every single time they did the math with the performance statistics. The only thing the Vanguard ever was the best in was during the Oracle of Death days where we could see the Vanguard occasionally being the best at destroying other MBT's, sharing that spot with <drumroll> the Prowler! But the Prowler and Magrider killed more Sunderers, Harassers, Flashes and Lightnings.
    Being shared first place at destroying MBT's is a poor prize for being the worst at killing everything else, including infantry.

Now you can throw even more personal experience/bias at me, or you can try and use the performance statistics to once again return to the same conclusion: the Vanguard is the worst of the 3.

I have no idea why you quoted my words from a different thread in here. The original thread had a massive "my god NC is so much better than TR" litany and I tried to set that straight, running straight into your bias.

PS2 has many problems, yes, the Devs are throwing things at us just to boost a short-term interest, yes, but many of the problems you see aren't problems at all.

Are they really so ********? After all they do a lot of things players ask for. Like adding more outfit rewards and bonuses like everyone asked! And removing bases that attract players! And adding the Colossus and Bastion! And updating the NSO! Destroying the core gameplay in the process but they do listen. The problem is always who to listen to and how to truly put it into the game. If they listened to you the "poor" TR Prowler would absolutely dominate everything, it already is arguably the best MBT in performance.

I use shadows, wonderful tool that saved me many times. Helps you spot people before they turn a corner, or in some cases someone cresting a building in a flank can be seen through their shadows alone. It also helps spot the passing of aircraft.

The game needs better goals&rewards to complete for everyone, that would already solve this "issue". Although you seem to just have seen some newbies struggle for hours fairly often lately.

Also lastly: you claim the VS holds all the vets. Could you explain how these vets are incapable of getting superior stats with the NS/Copy-paste weapons like shotguns, snipers, Lightning guns etc? You would expect a bunch of vets to be better with such weapons, especially if all their buddies are also vets that better know how to play together right?
    • Up x 3
  9. Bonemiser

I don't think you're being objective. This isn't the patch that added Bastions, this isn't the patch that destroyed 30% of Esamir, this isn't the patch that (for about a week) made Mattocks wildly overperforming, and I'm sure there's way more patches that I can't think of that did more "damage" to the game.

Integration added:
    • Balanced populations.
    • Less players using Betelgeuse, Gauss SAW, Prowlers, Mosquitoes, Strikers, Mag Riders... you get the picture.
    • A new reasonably viable counter to ESF ground-pounders.
    • More Black Market weapons including things like the Kappa.
    • Most importantly: no new cheese!

Where's the death knell in this picture? How is TR never being below 33% bad for TR? You've really gotta sell me on this, because this just seems like an ***-pull to cry more about your empire.
    • Up x 3
  10. karlooo

I have a feeling you don't even play Planetside 2 and just dream.

I'm not paid to do this. If I were to explain, my reply would be pages long, and jokingly I may even do more work, than what the 'game designers' do at their job for the entire day. If you can't see through this, then you deserve what you get.
  11. Demigan

I dream by using actual performance statistics to gauge how powerful something really is?

I could do what you do and just start telling every story of a Vanguard being destroyed by another MBT and how the traits of the others made that possible. That will definitely be valuable in a thread! And then mix it with my experience using the other MBT's and only tell of the times where I was totally bad-a$$, like the time I beat two 2/2 Vanguards in my 2/2 Magrider in less than a minute! Or the time I held back several Magriders in my 1/2 Prowler while destroying their repair Sunderer?

Do those anecdotes have any value at all on how powerful these vehicles are to the general populace?

Ah pages and pages of anecdotes and sayings like "Vanguard has more health so it has to be more OP!" while ignoring the advantages of the Prowler or saying the advantages aren't useful or counterproductive. I suspect the entire thing wont contain any performance data and at best some data like "the Prowler AP deals only 600 damage per shot while the Vanguard shoots 850 damage! Lets not say anything about the second shot or its actual DPS!". I can see through that, I'm pointing out that it's a see-through screen of excuses. Try and prove your point rather than throw useless comparisons and anecdotes around.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheMercator

It is really easy: Compare the original NS weapons with the new stuff, and you see that it has no place in the game.
    NSO just drained massive ammounts of recources, that could have made the game better or just generally more interesting, i.e faction specific vehicles for the real factions.
  13. Demigan

A quick look at the LMG's and Carbines seems to show that the TR at least has at least the same damage and accuracy combined with higher ROF for each LMG and Carbine the NSO's have. Only exception is the 143 damage plus 800 ROF version, but that is because it's a high-ROF weapon and the TR's Lynx falls in that category.

Seems to me bias is reigning, you see a lot of NSO and you get killed by a lot of NSO since they are there so you say they have to be OP.
  14. OldSchoolD

OP take your pills. This is PS2's resurgence and a great way to start for new players.

This update also puts the unaffiliated solo player back in the game. The mercenary troops feel balanced and fun even before the coming tweaks.

NSO gets no queues, there's new toys for free for everyone, and new goals for vets to achieve.

Work remains to be done : The biolab spawn change is bad. Esamir is still defaced, same as the sore spot in the middle of Indar.

I wonder what brought upon this radical change of direction in the developing team :D

PS2 is back !
    • Up x 1
  15. Twarion

It's the same with people watching sports... Some people are always thinkin that they know better...

PS2 is getting a lot of love atm... and that is generally a good thing... And no matter if implementing NSOs was a good Idea or not... leaving them half ***** and unfinished would have been the worst thing to do...

Give devs some time and they will release empire specific content eventually, so you finally can start complaining about empire specific thing XY being op because of... reasons...
  16. AuricStarSand

This is a stupid topic jesus. With a bunch of salty babies responding. Essentially summed up at " Wahh, Robo's help the low pop, which has a 1/3rd chance to be VS, wahh " Be quiet noobs.

VS have the worst Pistols.
    VS have the least interesting Max.
    The other factions agree, that VS has the worst SMG's.
    VS has the worst shotguns.
    VS has the worst 2nd gunner gun for harrasser (Saron - isn't as useful as mljornir or vulcan as close range guns, since Halburd already fills the long range gun role, so I never use Saron)
    VS have the worst ESF.
    VS have the worst carbines (Pulsar C is ok, still I prefer NS carbines)
    VS have the worst Launchers (all factions agree here, no debate, dumbire is better, heck even phoenix is better, than vs's particle launcher)

Thus that leaves magrider which is okay, for what? Climbing hills? A prowler rushing it with a gateguard 2nd gunner means the magrider is dead, (because they have more dps) so to be a good magrider you need to know how to avoid 1on1's. Running into a Vanguard close range, also dead 1on1. Magriders are pro if you know how to use magburner / refresh (& most, do not 96% vs do not use it at all or good). Traveling somewhere faster doesn't get you kills. & dodging / juking tank shots rarely happens. Magrider doesn't exactly magburner sideways, it's like half forward / half sideways, so using it to juke sideways, barely helps.

Oh lasher? Doesn't hit around corners like a thumper does. Is only good for few door fights or biolab, how often is that? Barely. Even then people don't whip 1 out most of the time. I've proven thumper is as good as lasher, because I have both equiped onto 1 of my HA slots, both at the same time, they are equal. Thumper may even be better, for the reason your using aoe for, most of the time.

As for LMG's I seem to believe Butcher & Godsaw are equal to Batelgoose. Also Batelgoose got nerfed with the patch some. The only LMG I've ever been sniped with is the Guass Saw. Godsaw can hit armor, seems nice.

Also 99% of people don't have Aurax'd LMG"s stop bringing them up to every vs conversation! I've played vs for 4 years ( asp 100) & don't have aurax's lmg or any aurax gun, because so far HA or directive guns has been yawn. Last to do.

I've played all the factions. VS WINS FROM VETS & VETS ALONE, NEVER FROM ITEMS. If you believe otherwise you're late to the party & a total noob. I just proved VS has the worst stuff.

Heck I'm the VS general telling /region chat or /yell how to inspire hundreds everyday I'm online, to get to point, to go full medic, to max crash (even if they are not of my squad), dropping beacons always on the map, studying the map, telling them to ninja, telling them when to hold or defend, flares, smoke nading points, solo bringing sunders to important ninja related regions, & so on. THAT'S WHY THEY WIN. From inspirational leaders, not necessarily platoon or squad related. As I run solo squads, just for map beacons most the time. Or add a person just for /sitrep. Eitherway after all these months or years, people do listen 70% of the time (besides the vs who are online before 6pm - they are amateurs in comparison to after 6pm)

So maybe the other factions, should stop viewing items as why they lose, & start motivating the map, either solo with /region chat short 1 sentence strategies, often. Or help their faction produce better squad leaders or outfit leaders in general, that's the main reason.

Statistically, besides MBT's, NC have the best gear overall, from a well-rounded sense. Yet they lose the most, because they have more low ranking playerbase maybe, or because their leaders like the farm, more than they like to win alerts, on my server atleast. Tho TBH like I mentioned before or below, Robo factions have balanced the win rates. Vets are playing robos too, so it's really anyones game. Also TR & NC double team the VS like everyday, they know better. Gives them a shot to win, I don't blame them.

P.s. On my server most factions before the update were already balanced pop wise. Now they are super balanced 33% ish. So this theory of " only helping vs with robos " is untrue. All factions get robo's equally. Unless your server faction pop is ********, than blame the players for that, not the update. My server is fine tho, US west.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bonemiser

None of us are paid to read or reply to your cry-posts either, yet here we are. If all you're looking for is a bully pulpit to play victim on as loudly as possible, well you already got it in the OP. That said, it doesn't look like you've convinced all that many people. All we can do is encourage you to take a step back and look at the patch objectively.
  18. Demigan

I think you need to recheck your sanity.

I mean you even say their shotguns are the worst. If you think that 25m/s matters at 15m range, which is a difference of 0.004 seconds, you are not OK.
    theres other things ofcourse. The Lancer is better than the Phoenix since it can be used outside of a spawnroom. The Saron is great for Harassers since it allows far more control over the rangrme you engage at, while the Mjolnir might have raw DPS it lacks range and accuracy. The VS MAX is pretty much a copy-paste of the TR MAX but with higher accuracy. All tests I've ever seen let the VS MAX beat the TR MAX in infantry murder. The Scythe is the best or second best due to its wonderful shape making it a far smaller target from any side, only a pure ul/down side gives you a larger surface area but only by a tiny bit and that surface area has many holes where bullets can pass through. Their carbines aren't exactly underperforming compared to the other 2 factions either.

And how exactly do the VS win on vets alone when they don't score superior with NS equipment? Shouldn't the vets be, you know, better with weapons that are purely identical across all 3 factions? How can they score virtually the same with such weapons if they are supposedly better?
    Oh they score better with their faction equipment like the Betelgeuse or the Magrider, but not with the NS LMG's or the Lightning guns. I wonder what would be more likely: the VS players are vets that are surprisingly only using that extra skill when holding a VS specific weapon, or that the arsenal of the VS specific equipment is better.

The VS Betelgeuse sees more usage than many certable weapons. So how exactly is that not a problem? How can you claim that 99% of the players dont have one unlocked when a site like Voidwell shows that more people use it over the several LMG's they need to unlock it? And the Butcher+GodSAW dont have the performance stats of the Betelgeuse and not even half the users if put together, again check the actual stats on a site like Voidwell.

The only thing you've proven is that you are a zealot who believes his own bias is the truth. You proved nothing but the fact that you are not objective and randomly invent things as "proof". Like that the Betelgeuse is somehow unlocked by few or that it is equal to the others, or that VS Shotguns are worse, or the Harasser or the Magrider etc etc.

I think that as a general your actions are likely much less inspirational and far closer to maniacal. Just the fact that the current outfit/]platoon gameplay is focused on avoiding fights or preventing fights from happening means that you are more likely to be destroying the game, if not have delusions of grandeur with your "hundreds are inspired by me!!!!!!!" Nonsense. Its kind of hard to believe following the cascade of inaccuracies and pure bias thrown around.

Everything you say is wrong, inaccurate or guesswork based on nothing but bias. Can you prove that the NC has the lowest skill players overall? Or can you use a variety of weapons and equipment that are equal on all 3 factions to show the VS being vets? I doubt you would even know what to look for.
    • Up x 4
  19. Craneum123

I think you could do with the same check pal. For someone I see parrot on about unbiased checks and facts drawn from data from sites like voidwell or ps2alerts you seem to think its just fine to happily state something like this:

Purely based around the fact that you think its silhouette is good? from a K/D perspective on ps2alerts the scythe performs worse than the galaxy does. Why are you ok with using statistics for the maggy and the betelgeuse but you'll just happily presume the scythe is great despite what its stats show or that vanu equipment outside of the betel/orion all performs to some crazy degree despite kill leaderboards outside of the top 5 quickly becoming saturated with the other 2 factions + common pool weapons?

Given your own voidwell source this simply is a flat out lie and just saying "the lancer can be used in more scenarios" doesn't really prove its a better weapon and the statistics show it isn't.

Again if this is an attempt to say the saron preforms better than the mjolnir then statistically this just isn't the case for the harasser according to voidwell, regardless of what scenario based advantages you think it has.

your own comment is filled with baseless observations that bleed with the obvious NC victim bias. Yeah the VS MAX does perform better on a k/d ratio level to the TR MAX, but the NC MAX pulls even further ahead, shall we address that issue ever? I doubt it. Its pretty obvious something needs to be done with the maggie and the betel but please dude, do not try to shine yourself as a beacon of objectivity in one breath and then say half the things you did in the next. Its not a good look.
  20. Demigan

Ahw he compares KD on AV/AA weapons and thinks that counts!

It is truly magical how the VS can simultaneously have an inferiority complex with a superiority complex.