When can we get some new maps?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jun 30, 2021.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Instead of perpetually ruining Esamir, when can you guys just start pumping out some new maps? The groundwork was already there in the first PS. You had Oshur as a project once, time to revisit it. It’s obvious with shattered warpgate, santctuary and containment field base, you guys have the ability to do it. The forests in the Shattered Warpgate are better than even Hossin’s.
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

We can get some new maps when they've solved the gameplay flow of capturing bases so it is a more continuous battle. Made fighting as an underpop at a base more enjoyable, rebuild spawnpoints to not be death traps for the owners, added new randomly rotating capture mechanics and solved much og the imbalances between infantry, vehicles and aircraft.

Without those changes any new continent will just suffer from the exact same problems as the current one's and will only be a waste of time and money. New continents are a massive undertaking and don't have half the impact of a solid QoL update.
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

Maybe when population is back to release level.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scatterblak

That happens with marketing money, not development.
  5. Warspine

I agree, there should be some more maps.
    And i have a great idea! Make a map with a distorted energyfield that disenables THE FRIKKING GRIEFING CLOAKING!!!
  6. menaximus

I heard its about coding. Rummor says the game code got so tangled and wraped, that a major change will result in complete crash of the game. I heard devs are stepping on their toes, trying not to break it, and that the Oshur, the map they have been working on, cant be implemented ingame without high risk of showering planetside with bugs and crashes.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

I don’t believe they can’t design new maps, Wrel did a decent job with sanctuary and that was a non-existent area.

They could get crowd funding with the greatest of ease to get coders. I guarantee there are plenty here who’d pay $10 to to a DLC map to come to fruition.
  8. JustGotSuspended

It's a bit of both. You can't market a game with horrible new player experience where on top of that you have a solid chance of falling through a map each time you spawn.

We still have a lot of people interested in the game, and each update they come check it out. Few days later, they stop playing again. While marketing the game might attract some players, it's the development that's going to determine how successful the game is at converting these into dedicated players.