[Suggestion] Outfit Tag Purge

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Jun 11, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

There's a lot of outfits that have long been inactive, but for some reason still "exist".

I propose we disband these outfits that have no members online in the past year or 2, and allow the names and more importantly, the outfit tags to be available again.

Same could be done with characters I guess but since it's tied to personal progression and all it might be best to just purge the inactive outfits instead of individual players.
    • Up x 5
  2. Zhakathoom

This is a great initiative. Weird this has to be a community request..
    • Up x 2
  3. JibbaJabba

I'm running 3 different outfits and I object!!! Boo to you sir! Boo I say!

Sure, they only have a single member each and take up all the outfit tags. How else am I gonna get access to deployable as a solo player?

:p
    • Up x 1
  4. UberNoob1337101

DBG, the time has come...

Execute order 66

*deletes all NSO outfits instead*
    • Up x 4
  5. JibbaJabba

/Cries in [GPOG]
  6. Zhakathoom

"Outfits that has had no players active the last 2 years"

I think you´ll be fine. I´m a solo operator too, so I should hope so..
    • Up x 1
  7. Drgnx

I would say 1 year even
    • Up x 1
  8. JustGotSuspended

Yeah I've got some solofits as well don't worry this is why I suggested no players active. Even if there's one player that's been active during the last X amount of time, they should leave that outfit alone.

I don't think solofits are the issue, just the "dead" fits from the early days that got the best tags and haven't had any active members in years.
  9. Blue_Lion

Is there a shortage of outfit tags?
  10. JustGotSuspended

Yeah a lot of the "good" names are taken by outfits that don't even exist anymore. Worse, some of these outfits still appear on the listings. It just throws in some more confusion into the mix, and I assume doesn't help with performance.

I don't think there'd be any harm in cleaning up the "dead" fits and making the names and tags accessible to others.
  11. Blue_Lion

So not a shortage of possible choices but the ones people think are good where already taken.
    given there are over a million possible outfit tags their may be quite a few out their that people have not thought of out their. (36 to the forth power.)
  12. RabidIBM

Yeah, after more than 8 years we're overdue for some spring cleaning.
    • Up x 1
  13. JustGotSuspended

What are you trying to get at?

Should people who are actively playing the game be forced to come up with meaningless outfit tag names like "65lZ" because every other variation of "CATS" is taken by outfits that haven't had a single member log on in years?

I'm sure there's some good ones left, but we gotta ask what's the point in keeping the old fits that are completely inactive. I mean they're crowding the outfit browser, they take up good names/tags for no real reason.

Right?
    • Up x 1
  14. UberNoob1337101

36 + 36^2 + 36^3 + 36^4, it doesn't have to be all four letters so the pool is even bigger.

36 + 1296 + 46656 + 1679616 = 1727604.

Still, with so many empty outfits since launch a little cleanup wouldn't hurt.
    • Up x 2
  15. PlanetBound

That's right on the money.
    • Up x 1
  16. Blue_Lion

I asked a question, because I was trying to understand the stance. The second post was more about making sure I understand it.
    It is not that they are out of tags so it is needed.
    But a thing to do for the convenience of players.