[Suggestion] Launcher's Directive Reward Rework

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, May 28, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

The directive itself should be reworked so that the launchers do not require kills necessarily, but rather vehicle damage. Make 1 kill count as 5 vehicle damage and a MAX kill count as 10 vehicle damage just so that kills don't go to waste. Then determine a reasonable amount of vehicle damage for each launcher.

For the directive launcher itself, I feel we can keep the kraken as is, it looks great and it is the most used launcher model. However tweak the explosions a bit so they send out more faction specific colors. Additionally, allow players to pick an ammo type: high velocity rockets that buff the velocity from 60m/s to say 75-80m/s and buff the range by maybe 50m (it's really irrelevant, just for completion's sake) - at the tradeoff of having less splash. And a "soft point" rocket that keeps the current velocity, but reduces the effective range a little bit (say 50m) in exchange from extra damage up close. It would mean that for let's say 50m, the launcher has maybe 100 extra direct damage, before dropping off to the regular damage profile.

I would also buff the current direct damage from 975 to 1000. This is to satisfy the lore perspective, as it says the Kraken fires rockets so strong they create mini anomalies - yet they're the identical stats to the decimator. Why doesn't the deci create anomalies then? So yeah its a tiny tweak for lore but it has been bugging me a bit for some time. Additionally, I would increase reserve ammo from 9 to 12.
  2. T.A.94

What about the NSX-A Muramasa?