Instant teleport back to vehicle spawn destination

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bnd3, May 1, 2021.

1. Bnd3

Hello,

as i mentioned some time ago in this post:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/a7-and-transport-bug.255941/#post-356237
    I do get sometimes teleported back to the vehicle spawn platform from which I pulled my vehicle from. This occurs when I exit the vehicle for the first time. Then I find myself at the vehicle terminal instantly teleported. This happened recently quiet a lot and now again. Would be great if it would get fixed already. Last time it occured was on Miller Server, May 1st short before 15 hour MESZ.

Thanks
    • Up x 3
  2. RabidIBM

I also have a bug report in on this, this bug has had multiple birthdays. Please fix!
    • Up x 1
  3. SquallLord

I've had this happen to me three time over the course of a week. It's usually when I get out to repair the vehicle, I'll get randomly teleported to a nearby base or the warpgate. It's never inside the spawn room either (so I know I didn't accidently fat finger the respawn key), it's usually within a few meters of a vehicle terminal. I haven't been able to replicate the issue, it's usually a random occurrence that happens when exiting a vehicle. It's happened twice in a lightning and once in an ant, so it's may not be limited to a specific vehicle. Could be a hotkey enabled for debugging that carried over into the live servers by mistake? Or maybe a client check that doesn't recognize your location upon exiting a vehicle, so it spawns you elsewhere? Don't know the cause, but hopefully it gets noticed and patched out. Nothing's ever patched out quickly unless it's a blatant exploit or game breaking bug, so I'm not holding my breath.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings! Would it be possible if you may make a short vid that could possible reproduce this issue? It will be very helpful for us.
  5. RabidIBM

Hi Mithril. The steps to reproduce the bug are to draw a vehicle directly from the player deployment screen rather than by walking up to the vehicle pad. Then, exit the vehicle. There is about a 5% chance that the instant you exit the vehicle you will be redeployed back to the vehicle pad.

Other than that I have never been able to figure out any other pattern, but it never happens if I walk up to the vehicle pad. Murphy's law says it is most likely on an ant with 10,000 cortium in the tank.
    • Up x 1