Fire suppression won't reset, time counter stuck (at 33s)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by paleopterix, May 21, 2021.

1. paleopterix

Just driving a lightning tank, nothing out of the ordinary had happened until then and at some point I noticed that the fire suppression had become unusable because its time counter was stuck at 33s and would not reset/recharge anymore. This has happened a few times before, this year (a few months ago, I think). The only "solution" to make it work again is to exit the game and enter again!
  2. paleopterix

3. JustGotSuspended

Not just fire suppression, it occurs with ammo packs, barrier shield, emergency repair, NC max shield, medic shield recharge, etc.

So far what we know is if you die just as you use that ability it gets stuck. It may go away eventually, but most often you will need to restart.

I have heard another fix is to pull a gate shield diffuser flash and use it's ability, and after that everything else should work. It hasn't worked for me when I've done it, but I saw a video where it did.
  4. Mithril Community Manager

If possible, see if this can be reproduced and filmed, this will help us out a lot.
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

I know this isn't a lightning, but I do believe that this is the same issue. Allow me to describe what I believe understand from this bug so far.

If you die just as you triggered a deployable/ability that has a cooldown mechanic on infantry or vehicles), that deployable/ability will be stuck on cooldown indefinitely, until the bug is triggered on another class or you log out.

For example, if you're in a MAX and you die just as you activate emergency repair, your next MAX will not be able to use emergency repair as it will be stuck on cooldown forever. However if you pull an infiltrator and die just as you deploy a motion spotter (triggering the bug on that class), the infiltrator will keep that bug, and your MAX will now be able to use emergency repair again. As shown in the video, it seems to be class specific for infantry, meaning if your class has multiple cooldown deployables, you could theoretically trigger bugs on all of them, and they would all disappear if you trigger the bug on a different class.

For vehicles, it's a bit more complicated, as the bug affects all vehicles. For example, if I activated fire suppression just as my lightning died, the next vehicle I pull with fire suppression (sunderer, flash, harasser, lightning, etc) will have fire suppression stuck on indefinite cooldown.

Here are some amateur videos I made, I hope they help a bit. Unfortunately I did not do every ability/class, or vehicles, as I was on my own and had to force myself to trigger the bug I've been conditioned to try and avoid). It was also pretty costly on my stats lol, people wondering what I was doing. If it really helps though, I can make more videos for vehicles and the rest of infantry deployable. But I do believe the root cause of the problem should be something shared in common by all cooldown abilities.

• Up x 1
  6. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks! The team will be investigating this matter.
    • Up x 1