[Suggestion] Make Medic more appealing

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Halkesh, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Sahansral

Higher cert gain feels more like bribery to get a least some people into playing medic.
    Engineer gives good certs too, and is way more varied.
    The class is just not fun enough, especially if you don't need certs.
    Also a big minus, at least for me, is that the class slows me down when I try to unlock things through kills.
  2. netBattler

buff medic - periodt
  3. xLluisett

No other class can ressurrect allyes,so that is the only reason to play mèdic. If you do not need certs,that is up to you,but at least help the team by healing,ressurrecting them. One guy ressurrected near you is an help to you too. That is why mèdics are always first targets.
    • Up x 2
  4. Chazt

Dude some of these suggestions are straight up busted. Medic is already the second best class in the game for 1v1 engagements after the the Heavy Assault, Assault rifles have some of the best TTK in the game, and the tools at their disposal are some the best universal tools in the game. Shield regen device is fantastic, if you upgrade the mending implant it also HEALS CONSTANTLY. Medics have the best cert farm in the game, the ability to instantly flip a lost objective with revive grenades.

They do not need a buff, they fit perfectly already.

This is ridiculous. Engineers are all about creating defenses, not medics. You want to give one of the best classes in the game the ability to heal, revive, place an aura that regenerates shields constantly + heals when implanted AND have 25% damage resistance? Should assault rifles automatically lock on to heads to while we are at it?
    • Up x 2
  5. JustGotSuspended

In a 1v1 a medic can actually be straight up better than a heavy assault. Factor in carapace, healing nades, resto kits and the nano capacitor, sprinkle a bit of lag extrapolation and you've got a class with as much if not more hp than a max.

Agreed this post was made by someone who doesn't know how to use the class effectively.

Engineer on the other hand should get some buffs because outside of ASP, it is a pretty sad class, that doesn't even earn as much certs repairing and resupplying than a medic.
  6. VhynSeven

Coming from an Engineer, while I can't beat the potential gains of a Medic, but I have a pretty stable income. Also resupplying is completely passive once my pack is thrown.

I think the main issue is that Medic is unjustly sold as a "Certs farmer". Not that I mean it is bad at that, but his tactical use is overlooked by new players.
    • Up x 2
  7. brutes359

you know guys, a major reason why most people might not play medic is because personal med kits are a thing. Dont forget that most people are self focused Rambo wannabes that will do everything in their power to be self sustaining. Why would you run a medic class to heal yourself and others over a HA or LA class with med kits that can heal yourself and have better AV and face tanking potential? (Note: I am fully aware of the tactical benefits of reviving team mates. But most random players don't think that far ahead.)

I blame it overall on the poor design choices of the devs. I almost never see medics anymore...but you know what I do see? Constantly? HAs and LAs with survivalist implant, sidewinder implant, and med kits with resist shields or ambushers. If medics are so rare, then the solution should be to remove personal med kits or nerf them in some way. Obviously survivalist and ambushers aren't going anywhere (much as I want them to) so that ultimately leads to med kits taking the fall.
  8. Tython

The issue with Carapace is that its rarity makes it extremely inaccessible. If you define "playing the class effectively" as "using a Carapace loadout" then >99% of the playerbase can't play it effectively.

And that's a big problem.

No other class is so clearly defined by one single Exceptional implant. Back when Carapace was introduced, the extremely good synergy between it and the Nano-Regen Device is why the NRD got nerfed into the ground - which is, ironically, one reason why people feel Medic is not very effective right now.

I remember when using the Regen ability at the start of a 1v1 almost guaranteed you would win. It was nearly as good as, if not better than, the Heavy shield. But with current tuning, the health per second from the Regen Device is too slow to really make or break most 1v1s - unless you have Carapace.

Medic is balanced around the use of Carapace, but since most people don't have Carapace, they experience the class in an underpowered state.
  9. Tython

Medic is by no means a weak class - Assault Rifles are the best infantry weapons, hands-down. Some of them are more godlike than the Godsaw (Reaper DMR, I'm looking at you). Being able to rez any nearby friendly can and does turn the tide of battle.

However, there are a points that Medic has, which, considering how powerful it can be (nightmarishly so, in the hands of an organized squad), are probably fair counterpoints to its strengths.

The time it takes to swap from the rez tool back to a primary weapon is probably the most annoying thing.
    You're running around rezzing teammates, and a hostile rounds a corner right in front of you. The ~1 second it takes to swap to your primary weapon is a death sentence.

The limited capicty of Nano-Regen Device is another nuisance.
    Its healing per second is not particularly strong, I see little reason for it to have such a low duration, too - but again, this is balanced around Carapace users.

One potential buff I would like to see is a 70-100% increase in duration on Nano-Regen Device when not using Carapace.

That would make the "tradeoffs" of Carapace a little more like tradeoffs instead of straight buffs. You can run Carapace and be able to heal your entire health pool with your ability and consumables, but at the cost of a considerably lower duration on your regen ability (the reduced duration would be in line with the current duration, so no actual nerfs required) and no personal shields. Or you can not run Carapace, and have a slightly more usable sustained AoE heal to patch up your buddies when they're not taking direct fire - more useful in a support role than a combat-oriented one.

Also, the Mending Field implant could be baked into the Triage passive. They do the same thing, I don't really see why they have to be separate.
  10. JustGotSuspended

Weird I constantly see infils and vehicles.

In any case I wouldn't call 4 medkits sustainable. They definitely can't replace a medic, which is why the best players run C4 on their HA instead of medkits.

Too bad C4 is so buggy though
  11. JustGotSuspended

Never said you need carapace to play medic effectively. You can wreck a HA no problem with a default medic. With the ARs and the constant health regen, medics definitely don't need carapace to be good.

Carapace and implant combo is just a thing to take the class to the next level, to make it a force to reckon with - a one man army. Yeah, it's rare and expensive to get, which I dislike. I mean you can still buy it or craft it as I've done on multiple characters. The grind for 45k iso is a bit long, but that's not impossible and out of reach for most players, especially considering iso is more accessible with missions now.
  12. brutes359

They most certainly are just as sustainable. The primary reason HAs and LAs use them is as an emergency tool when they are caught in the open. The idea being that they can turn a corner, heal, and then retaliate, they use the survialist implant to do this.

The reason you are seeing other classes on your end may be if you are playing PC. PC and consoles are COMPLETELY different beasts when it comes to game balance, and its the reason I keep saying the devs need to actually differentiate between the two when making updates. On PC, everyone is running mouse and keyboard. HAs are much better because of this since they can actually hit people. On consoles however, accuracy is unreliable on most guns. So most people choose instead to play classes that have good hip-fire and fast movement to abuse the packet loss and lag that console suffers from.

The result is basically two different games. Console version is a flaming dumpster fire of LAs and HAs using survivalist, medkits, and any other crappy speed focused item they can get because most people cant hit them. Furthermore, medics rarely do their job on console, even when they are around.
  13. JustGotSuspended

Yeah dude we know. Next time just specify you're a console player on the pc forums smh
  14. Tormentos

If you want to make the Medic more appealing, you don't need to give him stronger weapons or buff this or that... You only have to buff one thing:
    The certs earned for revives. If you have to make it double or even triple the amount as for a kill and see how they will flock to every single major battle to get their certs chime in. Medics will fight one another over one revivable soldier. They will run back to the infantry terminal to get fresh revive grenades, I tell you.

What is missing for the medic is the incentive to play the class as intended. People don't want to revive even if they play medic, they want kills because that's faster and they can have their eyes on the enemy rather than to look at a fallen comrade who could also respawn.
  15. AntDX316

Some of the suggestions like yours shows you don't play the game much. Having plenty of things to do for people who want to do other things is why the game is awesome. There are usually medics who revive. If they are shooting instead of reviving it's because if they revive instead of shoot they may die. Someone else was asking for a 10-20 second buff out of a spawn that is being camped would make the game incredibly worse.