Stuck in login loop since update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Isendretta, May 9, 2021.

1. Isendretta

I have a very serious bug, that means I can't play Planetside at all. I can't log in! My outfit mates miss me.

Here's the behavior:
    • Click on character names, a loading ring flashes, then you see character model and hear the faction music.
    • Click "Play"
    • Button flashes "Logging In"
    • Button turns back into "Play", but with a spinning circle on it
    • Click on character names, the loading ring flash, but gets stuck! Now you can't see character models! (But can still hear the music)

I have characters on Connery and Emerald and got this bug on both servers. I checked and it's not just the high pop faction, also the lowest pop faction.

For the next few weeks, I'm stuck on hotel wifi, through a TPLink USB dongle. The wifi is just fine for streaming videos on other devices. Planetside was playable on it before as long as the pop wasn't too high. It's a Windows 10 custom built desktop.

I have tried unplugging the dongle, disable/enable the network adapter, reconnecting to the network, rebooting.

It's worked for me twice.

Two things are weird about it working:

1. I was ending a Rust session. I had Discord, Steam, and Rust open. I decided I could close up the base in Rust with my teammate while Planetside loaded, so I actually had both games on. I was doing a lot of alt-tabbing. In Planetside, I logged on, got quests in Sanctuary, then changed my mind and took a break. I figured Planetside worked again! Later, I ran into the login loop. I thought, "Could there be some weird network interaction with Steam or Discord that helped!?"

A little later, I tried to get into Planetside with nothing else running and was back to the login loop.

2. Another weird thing: I changed monitors recently but haven't updated my UserOptions.ini. I think I had it set to a 2052 monitor, but this one has 1920. So I get the default resolution in windowed, which I have been switching to fullscreen every session. That time I got in while Rust was running? The screen was at its 1280 windowed resolution, where the mouse cursor and where the mouse over is are off from each other by like 50 pixels or so.

The one other time it worked, I had just switched to fullscreen.

Could there be something weird about two different layers of the GUI pretending to be one button that don't get lined up with this resolution weirdness?

I'm happy to give more information if this helps track down a bug.
  2. Isendretta

To anybody who experiences this bug in the future, I found pretty simple workaround. You just click as fast as you can on the "Play" button.
    • Up x 1