[Suggestion] I do not like it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xLluisett, May 15, 2021.

1. xLluisett

I just unlocked the amaterasu,while the weapon is awesome,the sound when you take it for use as ranged weapon not.

The sound seems like someone eating gum for 1 sec.

I do not like the sound of it. Maybe i am posh,but a weapon like this must have a sound like when the NC infiltrator cloaks,not equal but close to it.
  2. T.A.94

??????????????
    If you don't like it don't use it.
    And just because you don't like the sound doesn't mean the devs definitly will change it.
  3. RabidIBM

Your description is great though.
  4. Demigan

I think the feedback we should take from this is "could you try to make it sound better?".

Sound engineering is one of the most important parts of a game. The most awesome weapon can be doomed if it doesn't sound good, a bad weapon can be awesome if it makes the player feel awesome.

Of the many requests made on these forums, better sound engineering is probably one of the more attainable ones.
    • Up x 1
  5. xLluisett

I like the weapon,what i do not like is the sound when you push the melee button a while. It does not sound sharp,sound like a gum. Not properly for a sharped knife like the others.
  6. xLluisett

I am glad you agree.
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues related to sounds on weapons.

The NS-11A has got to be one of the most dull sounding weapons I've ever tried using in this game. I feel like I'm firing toilet rolls. Plip plip plip. Where's the meant? Where's the toughness? The Diamondback reskin is the only version of the weapon I like because it actually sounds like a weapon. Not a toilet roll shooter.
  8. xLluisett

Toilet roll? Sorry english is not my native language.
  9. T.A.94

First of all it is no gun and second it does less dmg than the default knives, so I harldy believe it is very sharp.
    Lorewise you could say this is due to the tech build into it enabling it to create the energy waves. And said energy waves have a headshot multiplier.
  10. xLluisett

Gum,gum!! I said gum,no "gun"
  11. xLluisett

I checked on inet what a toilet roll mean,i have no idea what is the similarity of a toilet roll with the firing of the ns11a. What sound do a toilet roll? I thought it was silent thing.
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

It was a metaphor. Toilet roll is used to wipe after bathroom business, such as crap. The gun itself sounds like it fires bad, crap, awful. Thus, the gun, fires like toilet roll.
  13. DarkStarAnubis

Nothing beat the Naginata with its "frying pans banging against each other" though...

Aside from that yes the Diamondback is far more satisfying. I could swear a have a better KDR with the Diamondback than the NS-11A despite being 100% equal :D
    • Up x 1