[Suggestion] Vehicle Refit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, May 13, 2021.

1. UberNoob1337101

I'd like if a simple system of changing weapons and modules on an already deployed vehicle close to a vehicle pad (potentially for a nanite cost) was implemented, mostly so I don't have to pull a second vehicle and spend too much nanites for a situational weapon/s.
    • Up x 4
  2. Demigan

Yes that would be awesome. I always had the idea of using the ANT for this. If you open the vehicle screen near a pad or deployed ANT you would have a button to refit your tank, giving you a screen similar to the vehicle terminal with only your vehicle active.
    Naturally some restrictions would apply. A 5 second cooldown where receiving damage will cancel the change and a cooldown afterwards before you can change again to limit someone draining an ANT on purpose. Besides that the ANT can opt out of being used for refits when deployed.

This would make ANTs more useful as a tactical tool outside of building bases. It would also allow vehicles to be more flexible, and perhaps allow some abilities to be more powerful and specialized.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blue_Lion

Perhaps a refit pad. Possibly build-able.
    • Up x 1
  4. OneShadowWarrior

They used to have this feature in Planetside 1, it was done at the ammo bay.
    • Up x 1