Since December 2020 - Not spent much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, May 12, 2021.

1. OneShadowWarrior

When Andy pumped up Escalation, I wasn’t enthusiastic about it. I saw nothing redeeming in any of the developments. Not in outfit wars, bastion carriers, campaigns, outfit resources, sanctuary, missions, shattered warpgate. A complete waste and allocation of time, resources and energy. I’ve seen my dog chase it’s tail in circles with more entertainment.

Graphics and sound are the two biggest and if not most important components of gameplay and with so many more games coming out with far more settings choices and customization, PS is feeling antiquated.

It still to me is a fun game, but for God sakes get your act together.

I spent $4.99 on Call of Duty today, I sort of smirked, because this is my point. The real question here is do you want my money as a customer or not for over 18+ years since SOE, because I’ve spent zero here. Not going to pay for what I don’t like. It’s really that simple.
    • Up x 1
  2. RabidIBM

So you're a freeloader, congratulations, you've just told anyone with any pull not to bother considering what you say because you don't pay. That's not exactly something to crow about.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

A freeloader? I have a lifetime membership? Do you?

I have 6 characters and they have the vast majority of skins, camos and stuff on all 3 Factions. Do you?
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

Not really. Just showing up and helping your team, shooting others and getting shot at is something that helps the game and the paying players. Would be a bit boring if the game only had one player who was a turbo whale.

It's also important to understand why he's willing to pay for some games, but not this one. Gives insight as to why others like him may not want to invest as well. He's completely right, when you log into the game and the spawns are bugging out, you fall through the map, 20s into the fight the sound vanishes, the lighting isn't consistent, graphics look unfinished except for a few remote areas, performance is meh and instead of fixing the foundations the devs are adding more explosions....it doesn't look like a very stable game, not one where I'd invest either.

Skip to 14:10 and watch until the end. A bit comical, but its very good at explaining the current situation with Planetside 2.

5. OneShadowWarrior

That video was great! Yup, no one asked for Esamir to be made 1/3 it’s size, just base improvements. That video slammed it.

Outfit Wars was just Arena, they still tried to ram it down our throats.

Anything that takes people away from the fights is counterproductive.
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

Add Content. Stop. Destroying. Content.

Containment sites? good/bad/meh, doesn't matter. It's content. If people don't dig it they won't play it, no biggie there is other content. But if they do dig it, that's fantastic!

Tearing down the biolabs? W. T. F. That was content. Don't destroy that. People liked it.

So dev says... But. but. but... people don't play the other content because biolab!

Yes! make better content and they'll play it! Biolab apparently is the bar.

Ti Alloys? WTF, bring that back. The flow on the whole continent is broken. End up with two lattices per faction so a zerg can't be flanked.

Great we have new bases on Esamir. Now bring the old ones back online. It was content.
    • Up x 2
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Biolabs had issues in rendering and client hit detection as fights got bigger, they could never get spawns right for attacking forces, so they became farm fests, rather than solving the problem completely, they just dumped it.

Same goes for TI Alloys, I miss the bridge battles from Crown, but once again, rather than streamlining the base and solving the riddle of battle flow, they ditched it.

Containment sites for once brings something new, just glad those storms are gone. It’s base improvements that we needed and the reduction of spawn camping in mass or by vehicles.
  8. RabidIBM

Thanks for linking a video where someone laughs his *** off at his own jokes?