Am I the only one still playing in the Shattered Warpgate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MichaelMoen, Apr 14, 2021.

1. MichaelMoen

The last Chapter has long been over and (almost) none of the daily missions don't take you over there, so obviously everyone has abandoned the region again, save for me. I've just gotten so tired of NC being continuously curb stomped in Alerts, (Serious, yesterday Vanu was a damn bully every single Alert). When Esamir opened up and Vanu decided to warpgate us I just said screw it, got an Ant and went into the Shattered Warpgate and built a neat little player Base next to one of the forests, cause to me, building a pointless base in an empty region is a bit more fun than bashing my head against an unstoppable wall of spandex. Plus I just really like it over there. The new environment, the atmosphere.

We REALLY need more daily missions that can be completed in that region other than the Tempest crystals, so that my player bases are that pointless anymore. I DID notice that the Elysium Drill does have a spawn there as well but it's not consistent.
  2. JustGotSuspended

I almost forgot that place existed. Yeah I can recall a few fun fights in the jungles, although it was mostly just infantry getting farmed by A2G or automated player bases back during the campaign.

Honestly it might just be the best addition to esamir and they didn't capitalize on it. Go figure. It's a cool area but with no spawns and it's pain to access, it's not very practical to hosts fights there, especially without an objective. Hopefully they intended to incorporate it into the map somehow and create some sort of advanced outposts or whatever there.

I mean there's VR, Koltyr, logging off or playing alts to solve your problem. As trash as servers have been, you can still dig out a half-decent fight once in a while. But as long as you're having fun that's all that matter. Keep in mind however if they do add incentives to fight there your peaceful solo builder days are over..
  3. Johannes Kaiser

This place was amazing to fight at and had a really good flow thanks to just being open terrain that people constantly fought over. Too bad this only happened during the first month. I do miss it.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

What you saw happen there should happen all day every day on the rest of the continents.

But we have a flaw:
    New & lower skilled players rely heavily on base capture XP (and merit). So it alters their behavior.
    Instead of battles progressing organically as objectives are met (like you see in shattered area), everyone stops and waits for the capture to award them points. Once that starting pistol fires everyone zergs to the next base.

If they fixed base scoring we could have this **REAL** planetside again.
  5. Liewec123

it was always doomed to be this way,
    they removed all of the lattice bases from the area and the only purpose assigned to it was temporary content.
    once people completed that content (which barely took a week or two for the vast majority.) it was just wasted space.

being in the corner of the map just compounds the problem further.
    if it was in the canter of the map then people might occasionally pass through on their way to bases,
    but instead it is in a corner of the map close to a warpgate, pretty much guaranteeing that noone will ever end up there.

imho it would have been way better and far easier to ignore the silly little campaign and just move the warpgate,
    keep the bases as they were (except obviously the bases where the warpgate is getting put,
    simply move those bases to where the warpgate came from.)

made a map super fast, nice full esamir, just how it used to be,
    but with the eastern amp station and surrounding bases trading places with the warp gate.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

I don’t even footzerg on Esamir. I also stay out of bases. Shattered WG started out as a organic battlefield and died quickly.

To summarize, I camp with vehicles on Esamir.