Its time to quit planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrazyFrog, Apr 2, 2021.

1. CrazyFrog

sadly as much as i have enjoyed this game even if it is heavily pay to win , the game is just not fun at all for me anymore , the latency and balance issues they did over time and all the hackers have completely ruined the game , so i will be uninstalling and leaving the game for good , its been fun everyone , maybe if they decide to make planet side 3 it wont be pay to win and back to the P2P subscription again like planet side 1 was , bastions and mammoth tanks just broke the game even more and then people that threw loads of money into the game getting mass resource regen to keep pulling vehicles and reloading up on grenades and c4 without worrying of running out of resources is a joke , you dont even have to grind for 99% of the items you can just open your wallet and pay for them , and implants dont get me started on those jesus , there have been some really poor decisions made on the game and it has ruined it

hope to see you all in planet side 3 if they decide to make one and hope they dont mess that one up
  2. InexoraVC

Ok, see you next evening !! :)
    • Up x 2
  3. JustGotSuspended

As much as I dislike implants - trust me, I've spent over 300k on packs and still am missing 4 exceptionals - they are what is keeping the game afloat. Inside information from dbg suggests that implants are a huge money maker for the game, which is why the system was never tweaked like the devs had promised. Honestly, I don't blame them, and it's perhaps the only true currency grind in the game, which is fine by me, it's even needed I feel. Eventually, I'll get the 45k I need for each of my missing implants and craft them. So far I've got one this way, soon I'll have a second. It's time consuming, but nothing that can't be done in 2-3months. You could prolly crank out 45k iso in under a month if you really want, but I assume most players will take a bit longer.

The default starter weapons are the best overall, and the attachments, the class abilities, etc must be upgraded with certs. Considering you get the best weapons from the start, the only real thing you need to upgrade is the class abilities - which can only be unlocked using certs. So that just flushes the p2w argument down the drain. In fact the game has been so surprisingly good at not making it pay to win, that it wasn't making money for years, and still makes little money now, simply because no one finds a reason to pay. And if you think this is a grind, with all the 2xp weeks, free boosts, the 100 certs each time you level up, etc - dude, you should've seen beta lol. Yeah membership dudes get a bit more xp, technically should level up a bit faster. But keep in mind most people who invest in memberships play the game religiously and were gonna level up faster no matter what cuz they play more.

I can guarantee you there are not enough hackers for them to actually impact the game in the long run. Seriously, it's something this game gets wrongly discredited for. It has never been infested with hackers. At it's peak, we've had under 2 dozen. Imagine now lol. Complaining about hackers and the game being pay to win clearly demonstrate that you are misinformed.

The latest updates have sucked, bastion is particularly cancerous, I'll agree with you on that. Although much of the game has been ruined, the core is still relatively intact. You can still have fun, meet good players, etc. Overall you seem pretty out of touch with the game's reality. Most of the reasons you listed for leaving are invalid lol.
    • Up x 3
  4. CarlAdam

First of all there is no pay to win and cheaters are almost non-existant, you are just a bad player who rather than learning and getting better choose to blame someone/something else like a child who won't be held responsible for their own actions and start throwing a tantrum.

No one who is good at this game spends actual money on weapons, implants etc. Because it's stupid and not needed.

They buy cosmetics, memberships and xp boosts.
    • Up x 2
  5. DarkStarAnubis

Implants do not kill players for you and you can get those with certs. You do not even need 90% if the implants. Those are mostly QoL or extremely situational elements.
    • Up x 3
  6. Twin Suns

And the occasional nerdrotic play styles. I might add. :)

o7
  7. CrazyFrog

yes it is pay to win , you can buy 99% of the gear without having to play for it , you can buy exp boosts to get get faster cert points and ranks to get those vet points quicker , you can buy implants , you can buy resource boosters on top of the subscription bonus you wont run out of resources any time soon so you can keep pulling vehicles and maxes and stocking up on grenades and c4 , this game is heavy pay to win . and no paying to unlock thing earlier is not pay to progress faster its an advantage , and pay to win means being able to buy advantages in game with real money , and in planet side 2 you can buy just about everything ,

as for the cheaters when people are 360 no scoping you and your whole squad while in mid air at the same time , or pre firing your head before you even turn the corner while snap locking onto your head , which happens a fair a lot to me , the statement of none existant is completely void , i have a hefty gaming rig with 165 fps on max settings on 4k , you may not be able to see these things at 30 fps like we are able to . its like infiltrators , im able to see them no matter where i am , they always shimmer , you can only see them with hefty rigs on max settings high fps ,

there are lag issues with the game with bullet sponging like terminators , but thats to be expected when people have potato internet from all over the world trying to play on a server that cant handle the load ,

i really loved the game but its just a complete mess now , the balance is terrible , who adds bastions mammoth tanks and flash's that can obliterate tanks that can go invisible , its just dumb when you have an army of 10 mammoth tanks and repair sundys , and who's willy idea was it to add implants that give other classes than the infiltrator to go invisible to , sort your game out lol

the games just a huge mess needs a massive balance overhaul
  8. XimiKai

9. OneShadowWarrior

As a player who did both Planetside 1 and 2, ran with squads and outfits. They really screwed the pooch when Andy took over. Planetside 2 now has gone thru the exact same fate the first Planetside faced, we are out of ideas? What to we do now? Oh let’s make a meta game.

A metagame built for a few at the cost of enjoyment for the vast majority. They did the same BS with Battle Frame Robotics in the first PS and the game failed. People from PS didn’t want all this, all we wanted was PS with better Graphics and a improved engine, but good old Higby had a hard on for the Battlefield style FPS gameplay.

Fast forward to now? They created a monster where people only talk about their kill/death ratios, winning a base at any costs, I want nothing to do with squads or outfits anymore. The philosophy of camping or he who zergs with the most wins is pointless as the size of the battles are sloppy with such shoddy client hit detection. Oversized outfits have become the travesty of the game and no longer part of the contribution of it and they should be dissolved.
  10. Liewec123

To be honest it has been time to quit for years,
    But alas no decent game company has yet had the balls to try pulling off what Sony did in 2012 and make an mmofps.
    The exact moment that happens is when we will all finally be able to jump ship
    (and flip the bird to DBG on our way overboard for what they've done to Sony's masterpiece),
    But until then, there is no escape because there is nowhere else to go!
    • Up x 4
  11. CarlAdam

No one buys gear with real cash that would be stupid, only reason you'd spend money on a weapon is if it's a gold/black version and you want to flex but it's not any better.

Yes membership and boosts gets you certs faster but if you are playing the game right it doesn't benefit you because you are supposed to stick to one class and weapon until you've auraxiumed it anyway and getting the certs for that is easy free to play or not, besides they need to offer some incentive for people to actually spend money and keep the game alive.

And if you are running out of nanites you are doing something stupid like camping a spawn room and throwing out grenades or spawning vehicles and dying instantly, only time I heard of anyone using resource boosts is when there's outfit wars.

And in my 4000 hours or so playing this game the time I've seen cheaters I can count on two hands and they weren't around for long, alot of noobs will call hacks because people just have experience, right mouse sensitivity and can turn 180 degrees with muscle memory which is very easy to do.

Infiltrators are visible even on potato settings.

And I average 142 fps which is what I have it capped to for smoother gameplay because my screens refresh rate is 144hz
  12. RabidIBM

It's not pay to win because the starting equipment is exactly the equipment that a newer player should be using. The starting equipment has the best overall stats, and everything you unlock is better in a specific way at the cost of something else. Every unlock will make you worse unless you have a plan for how you are going to use it's advantages. Many unlocks even unlock an entire play style that just wouldn't be noob friendly anyways, such as construction.

As for the hacking, that is a rumour spread by some very active trolls in the community. Most of the outfits who get accused of hacking the most are actually quite proud or their outfit's integrity, and would be very quick to boot anyone if real evidence were ever presented.

Regarding nanite boosts, I've only occasionally had nanite issues since I went free to play, but when I was getting the 75 nanite per minute for being a member I was almost never running out, and if I was it was because I was having a rough day. If anybody is running membership plus double nanite boosts to spam tanks at you...enjoy the certs

Minor cloak is a non-issue, as is evident by the fact that almost nobody uses it. I only have it on one build for one specific situation.

If an armour column has 10 Colossi, then that's at least 2, probably 3 outfits working together for some gigantic operations of over 100 players, so if you are complaining about that then you are complaining about not being able to solo take on 100 enemies.

I'll say that you have a fair point about cloak flashes. Those things are annoying and ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  13. InexoraVC

What are the "really needed" implants ?
    Let's make a list:
    1. Assimilate (because this game is about headshots)
    the end :)

Ok, if you're a vehicle guy you might need Ammo Printer and Sweeper Hud.
    If you're a Light Assault guy you might need Safe Fall and Regeneration (as well as Assimilate)
    Resume: One implant is a "must have", and 4 more implants are "recommended".
    That's it.
    Five implants.

All the other implants are minor, doesnt affect the gameplay much.
  14. Loakki

Devs need to do something, it feels like PS2 is dying.
  15. weska

infiltrator and target focus is good tho
  16. TrojonKing 1st

I can do that! But I would not say I have a high spec pc.
    intel 6700k and a RX480 8g with 60hz screen, all with a 2.5mb internet....