Stop adding stuff, start fixing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkQuark, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Blue_Lion

I do agree that construction does need to be fixed.
    If it takes 20+min to set up a good base, it should not be just steamed rolled by 1 player in less than 5.
    I can understand it falling to a armor zerg or large force but the lack of ability for it to withstand 1 player, when it is such a time sink.
    The base builder often has to run out routers and resupply so a solo builder it is not posible to add to the combat and stay in the base unless the fight is at the base. plus babysitting an empty base once you built every thing is boring.

Base building needs some love.
    artillery range should be better with a longer cool down. no flail spam but able to hit further.
    The base self defense should be a deterrent to that lone player.-or buy time for the builder to return.(not saying a base should be unkillable but it should not fall to 1 player fast so that it can not be saved it the builder is away.)
    Perhaps put certs slots into improving structures. pain field inside towers.
    Adding defuse to the repair module through certs could enable it to counter the counter the cortium bomb.
    Require anti vehicle type weapons to blow up structures even modules.
    improve placement system. a builder should not have to play with the placement above and below grounds. preview placement to make sure there are no gaps in defenses.
    for solo player base builders the caps on number of things like walls is bit annoying.

Not sure what can be done for the solo player that would not either discourage groups or benefit them more.
    The solo farm fights to not help the alerts.I expected alerts in PS2 because they are in PS 1.
    allowing solo players to redeploy to galaxies would help them but benefit groups more.

Winning an alert is how you win the match. (each map is a long match.) Saying you want solo play is fine but the entire factions is one giant team.
    So what can be done to bring solo play into the winning mechanic(alerts).
    If you can come up with a answer to that then there will be a path to for them to focus on solo play.
    • Up x 1
  2. OneShadowWarrior

And updating and upgrading. Even Minecraft got a graphics upgrade, sheesh!