Leaving Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rosoro, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Rosoro

Preface:
    I have three characters over 20 and one that is level 106. My account has some really nice stuff because I was a member for many years. I've got the first anniversary camo and snowmen hood ornaments on my vehicles. But, I'm done. It's not about 1v1v1. It's not about the game design. I don't care if two factions gang up on a third, it's called diplomacy. I like that its possible to be killed at any time by some random event. The game has a lot of cool things and I still like to play except for one thing.

Players have made it so the game is no longer fun. I am tired of watching people dancing and hopping to some crazy beat and then being shot in the head twice before I can move. I'm tired of having my toon freeze and then die even though I run a gigahertz connection and have ungodly framerates on a ridiculously fast machine. Hacks are not acceptable.

I'm also done being killed by outfits that cherry pick all the best players to make elite teams and then dominate to the point of stupidity. Yes, Recursion, I am talking about you. An entire outfit that averages a K/D of 3.5 is NOT conducive to bringing in new subscribers. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked, "How did you get to be over 100? I die, and die, and die, and die, then kill someone, then die and die, etc." New players usually say something like this just before they quit. Recursion, you are KILLING THE GAME.

This is where the devs are falling down. They seem to think that it's okay for a new player to be driven away by the 'old salts.' It's not. New players grow revenue, older players all quit and move on. Planetside 2 is a game, not a life. Everyone leaves. The game will die without new players. It will die faster because people like me see how poorly Daybreak is handling things.

Goodbye.
  2. Maddens

PlanetSide 2 is life, not a game.
    Welcome back.
    Sorry (insert troll face)
    • Up x 1
  3. MaddRoache

Well let this game rot to death, it won't last a year. Never seen more toxic **** than this.
    It used to be quite fun until this ignorant/idiot (idiot/ignorant) so called wrel started to slowly annihilate every good aspect game used to have.
    His ugly cynical face makes people puke on sight. So fa ck you wrel for destroying Planetside 2, go to hell you worthless wanabe.

dont be scared to give a like! so wrel sees the list and ban you!! hahah this game expired long time ago. Sad but true.
  4. JibbaJabba

I had this moment I think 2 years or so ago when Recursion was on Emerald. During their ops they would just ruin the gameplay on the whole continent. It was either quit or get-gud.

Probably fairly similar in game time too then. Had I think an ASP 100, and a handful of br20-50 on other accounts. Lots of time in game, none of it dedicated to actually getting better in a 1v1 infantry fight.

I'm still here. I sought out some folks to help me get better.

Did I get "Recursion good"? Nope. Definitely on the right side of the K/D line now though. I do way less of that "choose your own adventure" called "walking back from the spawn". Game is way more fun now and I'm glad I didn't give up.

That said, I know where you are coming from. It's not enough to be decent at the game. You have to team up with others that are too. Like if your outfit doesn't know some term like "beacon disclipline" or similar, then they are going to struggle and so are you.

Keep the friends, but dump the outfit.
    • Up x 2
  5. RabidIBM

You sound burned out man, and I can't fault you for that. Play other games for a few months, consider getting back into this one at a later date. You don't have to spend any money to dip your toes back in.

It is true that the "skillfits" do make the game not fun at all for people who just wanted a casual, relaxing grind. I do wish they would split up more. On Connery we at least have the Goblins competing with Recursion for the skilled players, and those two outfits are usually on different factions. It doesn't make any one of them any more fun to 1v1 against, but if the skill ball only has 18 players then even a PUG platoon can push them over with a properly organized MAX crash. No amount of skill compensates for 18 vs 48 as long as the 48 are organized. If the 48 insist on employing trickle tactics, well, the 18 will hold out all day.

I would like it if there were some sort of weekly, or bi-weekly, event with a bit of stakes for the higher skill players to compete in. Give them some bling to wear their skill on their sleeves, and while they are participating in whatever that would be the live server could be a more relaxing experience.
    • Up x 1
  6. OneShadowWarrior

They spent to much time promoting outfits and the meta game that really just added fuel to the fire to the zergs and campings.

I don’t care if your new or a seasoned veteran. I don’t think anyone wants to be rendered powerless, useless or with any ability to fight back.

The current state of the game has gone away from embracing the solo player, the solo player who holds himself true to enjoying the game. A solo player who enjoyed the game and joined a Outfit to have fun. Now the game has transgressed to kill/death ratios, winning at all costs at the price of others and the evolution of exploits, because victory is all that matters.

I have removed myself after 18+ years of gameplay from any Outfit, Platoon or Squadding because the community in these Outfits have forgotten what a game is and constantly whine at how broke the game is, how the client hit detection is garbage and brag about there kill/death ratios. Unless they Zerg with a equal or greater number there is no game.
    • Up x 1
  7. DarkStarAnubis

Dunno.

I am a solo player. Always been: not enough time to dedicate to join an outfit properly (know the mates, train with them, ...). Also NSO so not dedicated to a single faction, you can have a lots of fun playing solo: I can be very aggressive and fight front-line one day, medic the other, LA in a Biolab and go sniping when I want to relax, depending on the mood.

You can help the faction. It is good, except when some idiot TK you on purpose because "You killed him before" without realizing I was the same character yes, but in ANOTHER faction.
  8. Towie

Every server has such outfits - the sort that when they turn up, it's best to leave. Except Soltech - where it's best to just leave.

Funny thing is - with OW and many more eyes looking at what is going on - they tend to be the outfits that get banned for 'unsportsmanlike conduct'. Shame that can't be extended to none-OW periods.
  9. JobiWan

I'm wavering lately too. I recently took a week off, came back two days ago and it was an awful experience. Every single fight was a spawn camp, with sweaty NC try-hards turning up to farm, with their OP maxes.

The game just isn't fun at the moment, too much experimenting with new stuff like campaigns and OW, which for me, are just boring.
    • Up x 1
  10. Thalestr

I've also barely played lately and might even uninstall.

Sweaty tryhards have absolutely trashed this game. It's a complete joke.
  11. DarkQuark

I must be getting old but WTF is a "sweaty tryhard"?
  12. JibbaJabba

Derogatory term for anyone who doesn't play the game completely casually and actually tries to do teamwork and stuff.
  13. DarkQuark

That's about what I figured. Many people cannot be happy just being themselves and doing what they want, they have to dictate or project to try to be comfortable in their own choices or circumstances.
    • Up x 1
  14. ican'taim

Dunno if you are interested but PSforever is up and running. Largest battles happen on sundays and population is increasing.