Unspoken Code of Conduct!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cluelessclem, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Cluelessclem

Really? The entire game is about two factions zerging one faction but people complain when it shows up on Desolation. On Emerald on most weekknights other than two outfits almost the entire TR pop avoids fighting the VS and so you get 2 v 1 for most of the alert but here on Desolation we cant allow that! Such a joke. If the devs want to do something worthwhile they should fix Esamir. Continent is a joke. When your bad idea fizzled you should have, I dunno, reverted the continent to what it was?
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

I'm sure it'd be fine to tactically combine forces to prevent a faction from winning,
    but unfortunately it's the OP VS who TR and NC are combining arms to fight,
    And we all know Wrel won't allow his pals to lose!
    So don't use tactics to deny VS from winning or Wrel will ban you from the competition,
    You're only allowed to use tactics when they don't impede the inevitable VS victory.
    -the 'unspoken code of conduct' in Wrelside2
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

Conspiracy much?
  4. Liewec123

So which part is conspiracy?
    The OP VS part?
    We have stats showing that their faction specific stuff outperforms.
    (Betelgeuse for example has been gratuitously outperforming the other LMGs for years)

The VS must win part?
    VS are currently sitting on 41% primetime alert wins, in a game with 3 factions this is hugely borked.

Or the 'team up to prevent them from winning and Wrel will ban you' part?
    Because we've seen several outfits already banned from OW for joining forces to prevent VS from winning.

So which part is a conspiracy? the facts or the statistics.

This game is all about tactics, and if people are forming alliances to take out a common enemy, let them,
    There is no 'unspoken code of conduct', I guess Michael has never heard the term 'all is fair in love and war'
    Banning outfits for using tactics he doesn't like is utterly ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  5. OneShadowWarrior

They are to worried about Outfit Wars to care. A complete step in the wrong direction.
  6. JibbaJabba

The part where the VS is OP and Wrel won't let them lose sounds like conspiracy to me.
  7. Liewec123

so shall we ignore the stats showing weapons like Betelgeuse gratuitously overperforming against every other LMG,
    and shall we ignore the fact that Wrel banned TR and NC outfits for using a legitimate tactic to prevent VS from winning?
    you aren't arguing with me, you're arguing against stats and things that have already happened.
    this "unspoken code of conduct" is BS.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

I've not seen stats definitively proving that the Betel outperforms every other LMG in the game. So yes, let's ignore that. You're welcome to fire up yet another thread and fail to prove it though.
    Wrel banned outfits for doing exactly what he said not to do.
    It's your paranoid fantasies telling you it has something to do with the faction. So yes, let's also ignore that. :)
    You're arguing with like imaginary dragons and ****. You sound like Q or something.
  9. Liewec123

as if we haven't done that a million times,
    i've done this dance before and i know folks like Demigan have written page after page after page and buried you folks under stats,
    but when you finally dig your way out from under the pile of evidence and statistics you just say "nope."
    so why would i bother wasting any more time collecting the stats together all over again for you to shrug and say "nope"...
    VS are vastly overperforming (and have been for years), that is a FACT.
    (the 41% primetime victory compared to 26/27% not setting off alarm bells in your head is either hilarious or sad.)
    to say "you've not seen stats" is BS and you know it, we've repeatedly BURIED you in stats,
    you're just too stubborn or blissfully ignorant to accept them.

so for two outfits to join forces against the faction with a 41% victory rate on live should be absolutely acceptable.
    this is a tactical war game, wrel shouldn't be hand-holding,
    if people want to team up against the faction that wins the most then they should be allowed to.

He says 'it's against the spirit of planetside'...THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF PLANETSIDE!
    We did it all the way back in World Domination Series when TR were the 'big bad',
    NC and VS would focus on TR more than eachother (though back then there was no pop-cap so TR still won)
    But two factions focusing on the bigger threat is part of the PS2 spirit.
    And for recent years that bigger threat is VS, so why the hell wouldn't TR and NC focus them?!

screw this 'unspoken code of conduct', ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

Double teaming is part of Planetside. Focusing the enemy that has the lead is pure game theory in action. I don't see a problem with that, particularly on live. It's what makes it work really.

OW is supposed to be a competitive event. ie you try to win.

Walking side by side with an enemy through a doorway to go attack the third? Not even touching each other? Not caring about winning just trying to get someone to lose? Playing for two different teams in the same tournament? C'mon.

Then people on the forums defending it. Not because it's right, but because they have a grievance against a team or faction so it's ok that the player experience of THOSE people is getting ruined.

Either you have never heard of sportsmanship, or you don't care about it.
  11. Cirena

lmao don't bother engaging with single-faction roleplayers. they have chosen to be ignorant on purpose.
    • Up x 1
  12. csvfr

Multi-accounters should be IP-banned or even better use whatever hardware identification Battleeye uses to permaban cheaters to enforce the 1-on-1 relation between players and outfits per server. Ringers detected this way now should receive a 30 day temp ban and be illegible to any rewards. Much better to target the wrongdoers directly rather than disqualify entire outfits that may have legit players too.

Beyond that, I agree with Liewec on this topic. Let clowns be clowns and let Desolation be an "all is fair" territory. In fact I'd argue it is borderline unethical and morally reprehensible to demand gamers who play the game for fun to participate in some "serious" event paving the way for shady e-sports gambling and whatnot. If an outfit decides to sacrifice itself to hurt another outfit's score, the sacrificing outfit should be eliminated from the tournament through a lack of points and performance. This could be done with a properly designed game format that gives score this way rather than requiring manual intervention based on public opinion or upvotes on reddit.
    • Up x 1
  13. That_One_Kane_Guy

"Let's all pretend there's any equivalence between uncontrolled public and controlled private game formats and use that as a platform to dive into our pet conspiracy theories." /thread

Forums are sipping some really strong stupid juice lately.
  14. Liewec123

i guess you're referring to Hydra who were banned for using a player from a different outfit.
    FYI that player mains for TRID (a big VS outfit on Cobalt.)

that player played for 2 outfits, an NC one and a VS one.
    can you guess which outfit was banned for breaking the magical 'unspoken code' and which one wasn't?
    and no, you don't win a prize...
  15. JibbaJabba

Nope. Wasn't.

I was referring to anyone who plays for two teams in the same tournament. Any tournament. Even outside of planetside. It's ****** sportsmanship.

Two different servers? That's fair, knock yourself out. Not two teams same server, same OW, no.