Planetside 3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 0V3RK1LL, Feb 17, 2021.

1. HunKaLesi

Man, you might be right about a lot of things, but there are things you don't understand.

They put a graphic chart in the description of a weapon. The damages caused by the gun are listed here.

For example;
    Min Damage: xx
    Damage: xx
    Max Damage: xx

I know very well what Dalton was developed for, I have been playing this game since the day it was first released, and in total I have more than 12,000 hours of playtime on steam alone.

Please think logically, there is a weapon and you state the max damage this will do. This weapon can be in an armor-piercing weapon, or a weapon used for different purposes.

Here is a tank and its defense score is 5000, the max given by Dalton to explode this tank. You have to hit him at close range 4 times, even taking the damage into account.

Likewise, you have to shoot 3 times when you shoot a plane with 3000 defense points and max damage at it.

This is not just a case of the dalton gun, it means that all the attack and defense points in this game are ridiculously designed or what is written in the descriptions is not real (it is scam).

It's really funny when cars roll over tiny bumps. We're talking about a palletized tank, it shouldn't slide easily, it shouldn't tumble over. In order for a tank to roll over, you have to throw it off a cliff. Otherwise, it is not possible for him to roll over.

I've played a lot of MMO / MMORPG / FPS games. In particular, car and airplane mechanics in COD games are not what you said :) You can see the simplest example of this in COD Warzone. Of course, it is not correct to compare these games with each other, but that does not mean that planetside 2 is uncritical.

The fact that the game using an old game engine is not closed is due to the money many players have spent so far. But you are missing this, the cosmetic products sold to you do not offer a lifetime guarantee. So a few years later, when the planetside servers are shut down, you cannot claim any rights for those items. This is the case with all games and is included in the purchase contract.

I am a user who bought PlanetSide Arena with pre-order, that game was unfortunately not made with a new game engine, they tried to do a job on the same game engine using the infrastructure of Planetside 2, but they could not do this job.

Just as they invested all their capital in this game, they went even further with their failures. Dismissing Sony employees is a separate deficiency, unfortunately some of the DBG employees were unable to do their job correctly after those developers left.

You make a game and you can update this game to a certain extent, you can avoid many mistakes. However, after a while, you will have nothing to do anymore. Because new processors, new motherboards, new rams, new graphics cards have been released. You cannot get full performance in Planetside 2 from this equipment you use. Because many of them have an optimization problem.

Making a new game does not mean new trouble. On the contrary, considering their years of experience in such a game, cleaner coding, simpler functionality, better graphics, better sounds, better models, optimization with new hardware and a better server in the new game.

Consider and imagine them all. Rest assured, redesigning this one-of-a-kind game will earn you a lot more money for DBG. Also remember that there are many people who think like me.

Yes, I respect your opinion but I disagree. You may not want the money you spent and the characters you have developed in this game to be reset. However, as I mentioned before, there is no guarantee that any cosmetic item or game server offers people. Some games disappear within 5 years, some last 20 years. Some are running out of time and need to be redesigned with a new game engine.

Have a nice day.

For DEVELOPERS: It is also funny that you turn people off their permission to leave comments on the forum site to block users' views on the forum site. The permissions of our friend named Guazy to comment on the forum have been disabled. The reason for this is to express your opinion.

SS: https://ibb.co/sgXmzcN

There is a team that prevents people from even the freedom of thought, I don't know why you are doing this, but you cannot block the facts this way. I hope you unblock this user on the forum :)

However, we can still express our thoughts from a different account. If our only crime is to express our thoughts, say this openly so everyone knows.
    • Up x 2
  2. BOOKEN

Don't kid yourself. It's obvious the moment Sites left they swapped to cheaper hosting. (This is why the "update/maintenance" took so long). The terrible latency, then another long "update" to fix it also proves that. Seen it a dozen times in other games. And now they are swapping their commerce to a cheaper gateway. Whether or not this is "good" or "bad" for the future of the PS franchise is debatable. But make no mistake, all this "upgrading" isn't to put more resources/content into PS2. I will predict now that PS2 will never even see a new continent.

Perhaps the angle here is that they are trying to get their numbers up on paper then look for funding for PS3. PS3 will be wildly successful financially at least in the beginning. I suspect they already have artists working on it now. They will have to bring the concept of PS3 to the funding table.

FWIW the DB team made terrible decisions for PS2. But a clean slate is different for PS3 because the hype will outweigh the shortcomings/poor development. I just hope they don't get too stupid and totally change the concept of PS if/when they develop PS3. Which is probably at least 3-5 years out?
    • Up x 1
  3. BOOKEN

It's only a problem for what seems to be now the minority of players that mostly want to play the objective. I am sure everyone enjoys a good choke point fight that lasts a good hour. But, we all know there are only so many of these on each continent. And they took the best one away.. TI Alloys. But I will say that Crown and Crossroads Watchtower are seeing fights like back in the day.

For me the boredom mostly comes from bases having similar layouts and the same buildings. The bio labs are so boring I cringe when I log in and click Join Combat and I just know I am about to go to a bio lab. Most of the time it's a faction pinned down in one spawn room with MAXes, lashers, nades, and medics just soaking up the certs.

What I have always envisioned is that whatever faction last took a base could modify the base somehow to their liking. (I had this idea long before they introduced the base building concept) That way the next attackers don't know exactly what to expect. Also have the ability to change the capture points locations, etc. This game was so tactical in the beginning and that is why it was such a great hit. Some outfits even treated it as real military ops. Zergs ruined it, and they didn't know how to fix it. The lattice system broke it. Now it just seems like a bunch of ADHD monkeys holding down the fire button..

It's sad to join a full platoon and all 48 teammates are 2k-4k meters from each other just doing whatever.
    • Up x 1
  4. Exileant

:confused: There is no vehicle/turret damage chart at all for P.S.N. users, so be thankful you have a suggested idea of their damage. If you have played this game for as long as you say you have, you would know the numbers are not exact, they are an estimate. You have to discover what weapons are good and what weapons are embellished stat wise just like in reality. ;) (Car companies almost always embellish their vehicles stock horsepower just as gun companies embellish their weapons range and reliability. These are Factions and Corporations you are buying your weapons from. See? Reality, and one that I have come to love, because it forces people to either try new things and find their groove or stick with a bad weapon and suffer until they master it.o_O Even so, the Dalton's values are not that far off. It will not take you 4 anything if you strike your target from the rear with one. The pilots on my side of the fence fly solo and mop up everything from Flashes to M.B.T.s in one bombing run. They dump their mini-gun and fire 1 Dalton shot to the rear of the vehicle. Boom. You would think it was unfair all day every day, until you tried to pull one and do the same thing yourself. This, like 90% of the complaints around here is something that can be over come with dedication. I get that not everyone has the time to sit for hours at a time to master something here, but that just means this is not the game for you. This is for people who want to feel reality when they play, regardless of how annoying and time consuming it can be.

:confused: I can compare this game to Call of Duty and Destiny, because they are different enough to be opposites. That is how comparisons work. Have, versus have not.

:mad: I have a right to what I earn, and pay for! Otherwise what is the point? In fact I am lobbying for the idea of doing away with close downs all together. It is an outdated process. It is a relatively simple process to cut off the online functions, add N.P.C. bots and allow a full download of the game to be played offline with a final update; when and if a company decides to close the doors. This way people can still play with friends, via link play or split-screen and keep their slaved over treasures as a trophy. ;) I told the staff of Destiny 2 they would lose almost their entire player base if they tried to "Shake things up" by taking away our weapons that we earned, because what would be the point of grinding all of those hours. They just released a statement of apology not too long ago, reversing their decision to retire our old weapons and armor. What I told them came true and all the money they lost, hurt. (Here is hoping they hire me.) It is not hard to make money when you actually have your players best interests at heart.

:confused: At no point do you really HAVE to start over. For example: I have a friend that rebuilt their 90's BRICK laptop into something that would make some supercomputers look like Commodore 64C. It is a choice; and often a fatal one. Adding to what they had, cutting a few extra holes in the frame and buying the new boards was far and away cheaper than going out and trying buying a new system of the same quality. o_O DC U.O. was a PlayStation 2 game that was turned into a PlayStation 3 game and then upgraded to PlayStation 4's standards. Even if they did not change the engine, the engine they are using now is largely untapped, hence them just not to long ago adding rushing water effects. (Which they need to slow down a tad.) They have to make sacrifices in order to maintain smooth running for so many people. ;)Again, there is no need for a Planetside 3. An Update to complete some of the things they have started work on but never finished, like N.S.O. Soldiers, (Can I get my FEMALE VOICE MODULE, ACCESS TO DISENGAGEMENT for my DEFECTOR and a TAIL, PLEASE?) and a shiny new logo. That is FINALLY what Destiny did. These new seasons were parts 3, 4, and 5. Destiny 2 is only an update to Destiny. It is the same game, and they simply re-released all of the old stages and weapons with slight soundbite changes and a few skins. They would have to keep Planetside 2 the same to recapture the magic.