[Suggestion] GD-7F needs to be nerfed / balanced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Tr34

This weapon is too op in 1v1 situations and all other 845+ rpms can't even compete with this. Please balance it to be on par with VS and TR's carbines.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

You must be joking. Use the Kindred. If you still struggle with that, weapon buffs/nerfs will not help for your issue lies elsewhere.

QED
    • Up x 2
  3. Campagne

• Up x 4
  4. FLHuk

Two posts calling for NC to be nerfed.

I think we're getting close to the real issue....
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

If I had a cup of tea right now it'd be spewed all over the keyboard.

Of all the weapons you could complain about, it has to be that weapon.

Back when I first made an NC character years ago, the GD-7F was on sale. Coming from TR to NC, naturally I bought it as soon as I saw it was on sale. 'Wow look at that RoF! It's just like a TR weapon!'... then I used it.. and well. It's certainly a wobbly piece of crap, even with attachments. It's good if you learn how to use it, and you can mag-dump into an enemy. However, personally, I think that's all it has going for it.

Don't get me wrong, I still love that weapon, but to complain about it being op and suggesting it be on par with VS carbines.... you do realise VS has not one but two weapons that are faster firing than the TR. You know, the faction known for 'faster firing weapons'... right?

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/VX6-7

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Serpent_VE92
  6. JibbaJabba

Look man, the GD-7F is a fantasic shotgun. Like all shotguns it's going to be very powerful in close range 1v1 situations. That doesn't make it an OP gun that needs nerfed. It is a terrible weapon in Many -vs- Many combat. You'll need to crutch hard on your secondary.

And honestly man the best gun (not just carbine) in the game right now is the TR Kindred.
  7. Money

not sure if Jibba Jabba is being serious?

GD-7F is a carbine.........and a good one!
  8. TR5L4Y3R

.... i considered getting me the GD 7F for my NC LA ... but i stuck to the default mercenary instead ..
    the gd7f to me is way too angry and unwieldy a carbine ... heck i rather take the VX6 on my VS LA ..
  9. Johannes Kaiser

I do like the GD-7F. But it is far from being "very good". It has its uses, but a limited set thereof. It does work as a sort-of SMG with laser pointer suppressor, I guess. But might as well use an actual SMG.
    Weird to like someone while still knowing it technically has little right to exist because other things to the same job better or are more universally useful.
  10. JibbaJabba

It's a text bug in the game. Sposed to say shotgun. :p Has same gameplay requirements.