[Suggestion] light assault can use jetpack while riding Flash and fly with it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kurt83, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Kurt83

(sorry about my weak english)
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

The current stealth module on the Flash needs to be converted into a class-specific module. An LA would have limited flight, an infiltrator stealth, a Heavy a shield etc.
    • Up x 2
  3. FLHuk

An engineer needs this > [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. DarkQuark

Um, how about heck no. The flash is overly ridiculous at this point as it is. It should be a low cost way to quickly move from A to B. It should not be mowing down infantry while invisible or from the air for goodness sakes.
    • Up x 4
  5. Demigan

What?

The OP proposed that the LA should be able to fly it while driving. That means the Infiltrator can't sit on it and use it's stealth simultaneously.

I suggested using the current stealth module and allow it to change it's properties based on the class that's sitting on it. That means that if an LA sits on it he can fly it but can't use the stealth for the obvious reason that he's not an infiltrator.

If it makes you feel better: Let this be a Flash-oriented update where the Flash also starts receiving damage when it kills players by driving over them, and MAX's would result in at best a mutual destruction and at worst the MAX surviving with a bit of health left while the Flash is destroyed.

As for how Flash stealth is handled, the devs have been dumb. They tried to limit Flashes that decloaked and did massive damage through backseat-C4 or the sudden burst of damage from Starfall/Fury. Yet they nerfed the ability to use stealth for everything except a sudden decloak and damage.
    Cloak should be changed in how it works: Decloaking as a Flash takes longer (along with a longer decloak-sound), your weapons are locked up for a moment afterwards (let's say 4 seconds) and cloaking can be done immediately. That means players can quickly get out of a situation using cloak but to attack they need more planning and more surprise as enemies have far longer to detect them.

There is nothing wrong with making the Flash more useful. Limited flight, a protective shield against damage and perhaps some high-powered support duties would not be amiss for making the Flash useful without making it OP or cheese.
    • Up x 2
  6. Bansheedragon75

It's bad enough that an infiltrator can cloak a flash while driving it, we do not need anyone be able to fly with it.
    And if you ask me they should remove the infiltrator ability to cloak it
    If you want to fly there are air vehicles in the game, use them.
    • Up x 2
  7. DarkQuark

You are nutz.
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

Yes current Flash cloak is unbalanced due to how it works, does that mean we should remove it? No ofcourse not! By your reasoning we would have removed half the game by now!
    Change it to something more fun and balanced, that's the way to go. Otherwise we would have removed things like Anchor, Heavy shield and the Gatekeeper.

"if you want to fly there are air vehicles in the game" is such a gem in and of itself. Imagine if we had that mindset throughout the game. No Harassers would ever be developed, or Ant's, or Valkyries. Hell why stop there? During the game's creation they could have said "well we have the Flash now, it drives along the ground so there's no more need for Sunderers, MBT's and Lightnings".

It's a Flash with limited flight. It's quite literally in the title, "Use jetpack while riding flash and fly with it". Is the jetpack full powered flight? No it isn't. Does it's flight characteristics match anything even remotely close to the current aircraft? No it doesn't. Do any of the aircraft even come close to being similar to a ground vehicle with limited flight? No! They can't even move in any direction without leaving the ground!

You are against variety and your arguments are thinner than paper. If you ask me they should remove you. Why? Because if I want to play against people online we already have people doing that we don't need you.

If having progressive thoughts about the game makes me nutz then I'm all for it. It's better than being as conservative and small-minded as you.
  9. DarkQuark

Am I only open minded if I agree with you? I reject your assertions that an ATV needs a shield or needs to fly in PS2.

An open minded person might seek to understand why that is.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

You are open minded if you don't reject things out of hand, but can evaluate the idea and give reasons as to why it can or cannot be a good idea.

Since your first response to me to justify yourself is "your are nutz" you seem to be lacking the capacity to evaluate anything of slight complexity.
  11. DarkQuark

You conflate the evaluation of an idea with arguing against it. I properly evaluated it I just don't like it and have no obligation to "justify" myself or my thoughts about it to you. In fact I find your idea so preposterous as to think it not worthy of a lengthy response. I do not suffer from the need to try to convince you or seek your approval. I said my piece about your ideas and that's all their is to it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bonemiser

Javelin has entered the channel.
  13. JustGotSuspended

can we talk about how the flash can 1clip tanks from the rear
    • Up x 1
  14. Bansheedragon75

There are many things in this game that are unbalanced and should either be removed or changed.
    But to take something that is unbalanced and suggest it be made even more unbalanced is not the way to do it.

I fail to see how me saying that if you want to fly you use air vehicles translates into only having a Flash as a ground vehicle.
    The Flash is a ground vehicle and was never meant to fly, not even in a limited fashion, suggesting it be changed to do so would just make it highly unbalanced.
    The jetpack of the LA is not designed to lift a person, not to lift a vehicle, much less one that is not even designed to fly.

I see this kind of argument a lot from people who dislike being told that their idea is not as good as they think themselves.
    I am most certainly not against variety, I'm only against variety that makes the game unbalanced.

Clearly I must have hit a nerve with my argument given your last sentence here.
    I told you what I think if your idea and I'm clearly not alone in that regard, if you dont like that or me I quite frankly could not care less.
    Have a good day.
  15. TR5L4Y3R

i don´t see a problem adding characterspecific abilities to the flash .. adding a ability to it doesn´t make the flash imidiately op
    heck i personaly would love a greater variety to ALL plattforms .. infils and medic f.e. still lack significant av ability to even somewhat survive in the outside against vehicles in general (there is NO reason to just limit use of AV capability to just the Heavy or light assault, which get it by default, maxes besides one major faction ability have barely any intresting loadoutoptions and have nothing on squadsupport which they should have similar to how they had with PS 1 even if it was just a walking ammotrunk

the primary intresting turretoptions are on the harrasser and MBT secondary turrets were every other vehicle gets the same basic scrap .. why are there no factionspecific turrets on the other vehicles when the NS harrasser gets to use them all?

here is the thing ... NOTHING needs to be there ... but nothing ain´t realy fun, no? stuff can be added, buffed, nerfed and adjusted to be fun AND fair ... a openminded person should always look at both sides of the coin and find a good compromise ..
    finding no compromise and keeping the status quo is for closeminded people ..
  16. Demigan

You are making wild assumptions here.

You assume that just because the current cloak flash is unbalanced that any type of flash is unbalanced. However a flash without stealth isnt OP, its too visible to get easy access to the rear of vehicles and is relatively easily hit as well when attacking because it has to face its opponents for a hit. It cant get out of a sticky situation by cloaking either.

A jetpack-flash would similarly not be OP. Its not like it would be able to hover behind enemy tanks and rain death accurately. Its a jetpack mounted on a flash. Hell even current ESF's wouldnt be as powerful with a Fury mounted on them compared to their existing rocketpods and hornets.

No suprise there. You tell us that if you want to fly you use an aircraft instead. Thats dumb reasoning at best and I take that argument and turn it on you.

You can want a Flash to be a ground vehicle only, nothing wrong with that. Its the ridiculous justification you throw up to try and keep the flash a ground vehicle. Assuming it would automatically be OP, saying that there already are things that fly as if that means we cant have any more.

It isnt designed to right now. You could use your reasoning in other situations as well. "The Medic was never designed to place shields!" No more deploy shield. "The Engineer was never designed to be a ranged AV class!". No more AV turret and anti-material sniper. "The game was never designed for construction!". "The Galaxy and Sunderer are designed for transport, we should never have added the Valkyrue and Harasser!". You can basically use your argument against virtually anything in the game.

Adding more variety is good. It wouldnt be OP to let the Flash have jetpack flight, it would fit the Flash well as a small light vehicle that already has a class-specific ability for one class and it would function completely differently compared to any air or ground vehicle in thr game.

What I see a lot is people who disagree with something create nonsensical catch-all arguments against it if they dont have any real basis to justify their disagreement. Your arguments are as generalist as can be, applied to half the game's changes and updates with ease.

I tried to show you that your arguments are so generalist you could use it against just about anything, like players instead of game design. Yet you immediately assume that somehow you hit a nerve? Where does that even come from?

You told me what you think of the idea, which is fine. You also told me generalistic nonsense to justify your idea that it would be OP, which is not fine.
    As for not being alone in that regard, the idea's of flat earth, anti-vax and that the ****'s might have been right are also not alone. Does that mean we should just accept it?
  17. Pikachu

:D
    • Up x 1