Andy Sites leaving RPG. Wrel and Chris Farrar to lead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Jan 17, 2021.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

2. iller

Gunplay balance that's more accessible to Newbs WHEN?
    Netcode that's less exploitable by Sweat-hards WHEN?

everything else is pointless distractions masquerading as "Drama"
    • Up x 1
  3. ican'taim

"wrel bad"
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

Words that should terrify the community...
    Studio. Manager. Wrel.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  5. Pupkorn

Why should we be scared of wrel being a studio manager?
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

Before now, even as "lead designer" adding dumb cr*p like esamir storm, pocket orbital strikes and bastions,
    he aways had someone higher up holding his leash (even if they didn't pull on it as much as they should have.)
    But now there is noone higher up. It is his game now.

So many talented game designers either fired, forced out or jumped ship over the years,
    We even got down to a 2-3 person team at one point,
    yet somehow the youtuber with bad ideas, faction bias and no industry experience has stuck.
    Like a cockroach that just won't die.

And now that youtuber with zero experience and bad ideas has been handed complete control of the game.
    Be worried.
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

Let's try some 2021 hopefulness: Wrel has been blamed for everything under the sun even before he could actually do anything. Let's say for the moment that he's been a patsy that took the blame while it was his higher ups that kicked the hornets nest, and now he finally gets free reign to actually do something.

If he's been the culprit nothing has really changed, if he wasn't then all the better right? If you look at his old video's he did have good idea's for the game and he did have a good understanding of many parts of it.
    • Up x 2
  8. JustGotSuspended

Could Higby make a grand return?
  9. Liewec123

Only in our dreams!
    • Up x 3
  10. DarkQuark

Yes, agreed 100%! How about we all try to be positive for once and not try to baste in terminal negativity. One of the things you learn as you get older is that there is no sense in twisting your mind around things you cannot control.

It's a game folks. Log in, have fun.
  11. pnkdth

We also don't really know what level of impact Wrel has even had on the creative direction. A Lead Designer doesn't necessarily mean you have control over features and decision-making. His role could be tied to leading the design team and making sure the right things are deliver on time, responsible for the design process, and other areas relating to team leadership at RPG.

For all we know he's been doing a great job on that part and that's why he's promoted to co-lead.

On the subject of Higby, he also caught a lot of s*** so I doubt he'd want to return. I'd give it a month, maybe two, before the community turns on him too. To me the problem runs deeper and is probably linked to the business of making money. Implants and other things could have been better implemented buuuuut that would make less money.

In other words, the world would probably be a much better place if designers, instead of bankers and investors, were in charge.
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

ok you've got a deal! i won't say a single negative thing until the next f%%k up *AHEM!* until the next update! :D
    (and if the rumours are to be believed, brace yourselves for an entire air based map of skyknights ganking you. ;))
    • Up x 1
  13. UberNoob1337101

He's beginning to believe!
    • Up x 3
  14. Liewec123

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Demigan

Well like when he was accepted in the team, he got flak for developments he never even had the opportunity to change. He can't go out in public and criticise his team during the video's if he wants to have any chance of a good workfloor culture, so he can't criticise the jobs that are currently being done while he's being promoted.

Start criticising the moment the idea's for the next update hit and those are crap. He would have some control over those (although not 100%! He's with someone else!) So that is the point you can get off your chain again.
  16. OneShadowWarrior

My opinion, the whole 2020 since Rogue Planet took over has been unexciting.

I’ve seen nothing new with my character, just more support for hordes and a map that wasn’t too bad to be becoming progressively worst. They should have just made there own map.

We’ll see what the next team has in store for us. So far I haven’t like the big ticket items except for fixes and a few new weapons.
    • Up x 1
  17. iller

He's not.
    He's just your typical Youtuber/Democrat who talks a lot of bottom-up change then doesn't follow through on ANY of the promises they make

Yes but Smedley ALSO would have loved seeing that exact same sh** added in the second the Tech was available and Higby probably would have found a way to make it even more egregious by having BFR's accompany it

Unless Sites himself was the one explicitly behind Citadel shields, I'm not going to make excuses for him and change my outlook on this 8 year trajectory we've been watching

I hope not.
    He was the Ultimate clown with that BreakerPods **** when everyone was pointing out how completely nonfunctional A.A. was at launch . If anyone should be brought back, it should be Adam Clegg (who figured out just how much the Flinch mechanics were behind so many other very ugly Symptoms that people just assumed were the causes for infantry quality of life being horrible)
    • Up x 1
  18. ican'taim

but wrel bad!!!1!