New lightning turret?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ican'taim, Jan 18, 2021.

1. ican'taim

• Up x 2
  2. Demigan

Finally! That's a step in the right direction. We need similar variability and capabilities for more vehicles and turrets. For example the Kobalt could get an EMP grenade launcher as secondary attached or something.
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkQuark

Did y'all notice the tank has an "NS" on it in the pic? I don't think that's a lighting. Maybe another model tank?
  4. Thalestr

That concept art has been around since early launch days. Notice how it says Sony Online Entertainment on it? SOE hasn't been a thing for years.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this isn't happening.
  5. Pupkorn

sad that this wont happen.
  6. Demigan

The Lightning is build by Nanite Systems (NS) and has been called the NS Lightning.

The picture in the OP is from the beta days when they were still figuring out what they were going to add.

The OP found stats that look like they are going to add a new NS turret, and the stats look exactly like the picture's weapon systems so he correctly added it.

Although I strongly disagree that shell velocities need to be upgraded. The last thing we need is the tanks having even longer range and an even easier time doing OHK's on infantry. The whole beauty of such a turret is that it allows players to deal with infantry WITHOUT relying on OHK murder shells.
  7. Pupkorn

this is a great idea though, its like a small cannon with a anti air lock on missle, i really dig the concept.
    • Up x 1
  8. ican'taim

These stats were added when Shattered Warpgate launched.

https://ps2.liquidwarp.net/stats/weapons/vehicle/l20-anaconda-6009492.html

I used the concept art only as a visual, as the stats do mention a rocket launcher (that give the havoc effect to enemies) and a coaxial gun like the Vulcan. Sorry I didn't clarify that in my post.
  9. Foxassassin

Honestly I'm glad. We've needed more MBT and lightning weapons for a long time now, and we've been needing another source of Havoc rockets too. Like having an infantry havoc launcher /ECT.

But this is a good start. Now I hope that the Seigebreaker/Aurora/Paladin come out of that closet they've been burried in with obvious tweaks...
    • Up x 1
  10. Peebuddy

Wasn't the bastion fleet carrier art from around Sonys' time? So I'd never say never.

Though havoc missiles, really? They need to stop pushing those things, nobody wants to use them. Most the time you're just better off continuing to shoot them with your main gun. I've long since wanted an AA lock-on vehicle though , something an ASF can't just fly in a delete like they can infantry shoulder mounted rockets. The Skyguard's great at area denial, but lock-ons make planes that linger too long scrap metal.
  11. Johannes Kaiser

Considering that according to the description they are fired on RMB (or whatever you have ADS bound to) it can be done while hosing down with the main gun. This does sound like an interesting concept, so here's hoping they don't blow it.
  12. Demigan

Simultaneously the weapon also has optics it can unlock, which is weird.
  13. Johannes Kaiser

Yep. Will probably be single-shot only and fires when you first clock to zoom. Means that it can not be repaired while shooting at it. But on the other hand when trying to keep the effect active one has to zoom in and out every few seconds. Bit strange, agreed. But we'll see how that plays out.