[Vehicle] TR vehicle weapons need a hard nerf or VS/ NC vehicles a hard buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyvr, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Cyvr

Hello,

to make it short TR vehicle weapons are extreamly toxic and way to strong.

E.g. when I play on miller or cobalt the only thing I see, is TR pulling tanks and banshee mossis as soon as an assult on a base begins. I barely see comparable vehicle/ esf numbers on NC, the least ammount on VS.
    The most frustrating garbage happens when you try to capture back a point and HESH PROWLERS and BANSHEE MOSSIS are spraying your path to the point like no tomorrow.

Hell, even 50 directive scores noobs are sitting now in hesh tr prawlers and are spamming like no tomorrow. A complete new player to ps2 shouldn't be able to kill so easly so many people. But he actually can cause TR weaponary is way to strong in any regards.
    Just read a few post under these wiki articles and you will see a lot of people agree that the power level of tr mossi and prowler are way to high.
    -> https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Prowler
    -> https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Mosquito

So either heavly reduce the damage tier of weapons from TR esf and mbt like the P2-120 Hesh ( https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/P2-120_HESH ) can kill infantry with only 1 shot of 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Indirect damage should be reduced from 600 to 500 and direct from 650 to 450 to make it impossible to kill 2 infantry units without reloding.
    Not even considering the Barrage 30% attack speed addiotionally with Rampart Projector the prowlers attilery capabilitys are insane to spamm bases from hills like noobs do.

Mosquito M 14 Banshee ( https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/M14_Banshee ) reduce indirect damage to 100 and heavly reduce the resistance multiplier against other aircrafts.
    Why? Simple, you want to help your teammates with your own anti-infatry (airhammer/ ppa) esf against TR and mossi with banshee simply can hunt you down. Cause trash teammates never care about your friendly esf and therefore will never help you.

Additionally TR heavys pull some t2 strikers out of their ***, cause it seems to be so good that you don't have to run any other rocket launcher when you fight infantry, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Next one is the M18 Locust, THE BEST air to air esf nosegun without any doubt. In order to match it with the other factions LONG RANGE (M20 Kestrel/Antares LC) noseguns reduce it's ammo capacity to 120.
    Yes all pilots will confirm that the power of this nosegun is what makes tr esf air to air supirior to any other faction by a mile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@jgolenbo
    @Sites
    @RPG_Wrel | TL;dr: What happened to the dfault flash turbo?
  2. Liewec123

disagree about prowlers needing a nerf.
    they're in a pretty decent spot.

totally agree about banshee!
    the ttk needs to atleast be doubled.
    • Up x 3
  3. Thalestr

Prowlers are mostly fine, although the Vulcan is OP in my opinion - but that mostly applies to when it's on a Harasser.

Banshee, on the other hand, is stupidly overpowered. It should have been nerfed ages ago and I have no idea why it's allowed to remain in its current state.
    • Up x 3
  4. InexoraVC

Prowlers are OK.
    What should be changed: Vulcan, Banshee, Striker.
    • Up x 3
  5. brutes359

So let me get this straight. your complaining that the tank whose whole gimmick is hulling down in place and making itself a larger target to increase its firepower is too overpowered compared to the tank that recently had its projectile drop almost completely removed and its capable of strafing while firing and ALSO has a built in nitro feature?

If any tank needs a buff, its the vangaurd getting its full spectrum shield back. Magriders already have their place, being able to boost up hills for easy flanks and infantry farming. Prowlers already got nerfed in that their fire rate increase was reduced to an active ability, rather than a passive for their lockdown. Besides, they need their muzzle velocity buff to hit distant magriders. the vanguard has this problem in particular, with its slow as molasses projectile speed and bright as the sun tracer shot allowing all but the dumbest and completely blind mag rider pilots to lazily drift out of the shots path at all distances, save for targets under 100 feet.

The only thing the prowler has over any vehicle is the G-30 vulcan, and that's been complained about since the game came out. If it hasn't gone anywhere by now, its not going to.

As for ESF. You conveniently forget to mention the literal ARMYS of players who have a seething hatred for light PPA Scythes. The banshee is a weapon for a purpose, that purpose being the farming of infantry. Players being killed by it should consider grabbing a flak MAX or a buddy to hunt it down with AA launchers as heavies.

As it stands. I support the TR, and I say that as an NC main. They shouldn't have their weapons nerfed. Why? Because they literally had EVERYTHING else nerfed. The entire lineup of LMGs, the prowlers, the Vulcans (On numerous occasions). They have the worse SMG's of any of the three factions, they have mediocre assault rifles. They even have the crappiest new lineup of guns released over the past year with the kindred, arbalest, and watchmen EASILY being overshadowed by the VS and NC counterparts. Leave the TR alone. Or better yet, give them some better infantry guns so they don't HAVE to resort to banshee spam to get any kills.