Harassers should be be a fast moving tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkQuark, Jan 9, 2021.

1. DarkQuark

If I recall correctly, harassers used to be somewhat squishy. As they should be. I am not sure at what point they became a fast moving tank but it's stupid ridiculous as this point. Something that can move that fast should not have that much armor or firepower.

Just my 2 cents. Could be wrong but this is just my experience.
    • Up x 5
  2. UberNoob1337101

But... they already are? The title is confusing.

Harassers were pretty good pre-CAI, quite squishy but very damaging. A return to form would be welcome.
    • Up x 3
  3. DarkQuark

Yeah my bad. The title should be "harassers should NOT be a fast moving tank".
    • Up x 2
  4. OldSchoolD

They're ok as they are, they require a 2-3 crew, and cost as much as a light tank. Please refrain from asking from nerfs in general, thanks in advance. Yours truly.
  5. RabidIBM

The AP lightning needs to hit a harasser 4 times to kill it. With a basic reload speed of 3 seconds, that means 9 seconds to kill one. That figure assumes the lightning fires immediately after the reload is complete, and assumes every shot hits. Any harasser crew who are even half way decent can get their damage done in 9 seconds and get out. Therefore, the harasser crew have to screw up for the lighting to even have an opportunity to win. Are harassers intended to hard counter lightnings?
    • Up x 1
  6. JustGotSuspended

With the title I assumed it was gonna be another sarcastic post. I was about to suggest doubling the health pool, adding a mammoth canon for the driver and of course a mounted machine gun on the back, maybe a second vulcan for tr.
  7. UberNoob1337101

And unlimited turbo so it can fly into space!
    • Up x 1
  8. DarkQuark

LOL, you forgot a shield like a colossus! OR, an orbital strike gun.

Seriously though, they are a great tool but I believe they have too much armor/health.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

I'm fine with them now that their cost matches their performance,
    It was ridiculous that they kept receiving buffs but their cost remained at 150.

The only silly thing now is that they still have the model of a buggy,
    making it look silly when they're shrugging off rockets and tank rounds.

Imho they should die to one c4 though (like they used to),
    if I bait them, and they fall for it, they deserve to die.
    • Up x 4
  10. Demigan

The change happened after CAI, not during.
    • Up x 2
  11. Exileant

:confused: Well a Lightning can move almost just as fast, and it is also flat. People adjusted to them though. But that is besides the point. There are plenty of ways to take them out even if you do not want to pull your own Harasser. o_O Yes they are fast, but if you are are a decent Liberator Pilot, you can easily Dalton them to death. I used to practice using Liberators Solo, up until I got my White Camo. I could count on one hand how many people were doing it back then. Now? Every Liberator you see are pulling Moon salts and nailing fighters with Daltons, single crewman. :D It is nothing for them to flatten a Harasser. Passed that.... You could always Grab a Flash, E.S.F. Homing Rocket launcher or slave away learning how to use one of these.

;) In this case, I think it is your current experience, but I have no doubt that will change VERY soon.
  12. Smoo

ESF rockets do not lock on ANY ground targets. You have to use a nose gun, and pods and hornets are hard (but possible) to use on a harasser that can dodge them most of the time. Wyrm is better, since you can hit a percentage of shots, but you're going to hover a bit, and if they have a ranger/walker harasser you're going to have a bad time.

If ESFs could lock on ground targets, even with a large damage reduction due to how EASY it would be, that would change things.
    • Up x 2
  13. Demigan

Exileant is our special boy. For example he claims he mauls Harassers with his Dalton, yet even if you combine all his vehicle and infantry kills together at best he needs 8 shots per (vehicle) kill, ignoring the fact that some of these will have been drivers and passengers killed in the same hit. Yet despite that score he's claiming he can easily destroy the small, fast and unpredictable harasser.

It's part of his rethoric of "ofcourse it's balanced you just need a highly specific skillset in a highly specific vehicle(s) that already doesn't suffer from Harassers that much so it's all good!".
    • Up x 3
  14. JustGotSuspended

Harassers die pretty fast to lol pods, and can't outrun them. Usually when there's a super harasser tryhard that's being ultra annoying, that's when I pull out the trump card: grab some lol-pods and pulverize the dude in 1-2 volleys.

That said, it's annoying to have to resort to cheese to kill cheese. Would like if the stuff was actually balanced around being fun, engaging and skill-based.

You can't expect people to enjoy the game if once they step out of their infinite 0 skill farming machine they have to actually do something to get a kill. That's when you get people yelling cheaters/hackers, and rage quitting or simply never coming out of their vehicle because they aren't used to having actual mechanics beyond turbo + hold fire to get a kill. I we tried to balance all playstyles to require some skill, some challenge to use, there wouldn't be such a shock when switching playstyles, and mostly everyone would be content knowing that they aren't dying to no-skill cheese "playstyles".
    • Up x 3
  15. DarkQuark

I think it's all an easy fix by removing some health/armor from the harasser. It does not make sense in anyway for it to be that fast, have that much firepower AND be hard to kill. In my mind, it should not be easy for a harasser to easily kill some other armor. And I see that all the time in my own experience. Not to mention it gets to have a pocket engineer who can fix on the go.
    • Up x 2
  16. DarkQuark

This also goes for the stupid Flashes in my opinion. They should be movement tools not invisible death machines. I find being run over during battle by a cloaked flash to be the dumbest thing in the game. Far more annoying than it raining OS.

But that's just my take on it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Foxassassin

I blame the same thing that I blame Liberators for. They got the special treatment a long time ago. Remove boost from passive and move it back to utility slot, and most of the problems will be solved.
  18. iller

Allow Havoc missiles to lock onto them and have roughly the same physics on their tracking as Swarm missiles do...

bam ... problem solved ...the Air support in the area now has a soft Debuff mechanic to stop the insane "Wolverine Regeneration" super powers that a gang of harassers is always cheesing so heavily on. Wouldn't do much damage obviously so those pilots still have to be able to aim Nose guns if they plan to actually blow any of those buggies up

Yeah this is viable for a single harasser with a Ground Vs. Ground Topgun....(and when you wanna make it a 2V2 fight, Shredder Lib is even better) ... but it is 100% futile against even a small group of harassers when they're all rocking Walkers or if even just 1 of them has a Ranger. And unfortunately during the hours that most people get on together... solo crews are the exception, not the rule
  19. JustGotSuspended

and lol they have guns that can 1 clip a tank from the rear
  20. Exileant

:confused: I never said they did, I was talking about Heavy Assault Launchers. However no, you do NOT need to use your nose gun.... Hornets Home in on a point and require only moderate skill, as at maximum you can easily rip out 4 before anyone knows you are there. Rocket Pods are fast firing MURDER MACHINES, that can EASILY be used with the proficiency of a massive Auto-Cannon. :eek: ON TOP OF ALL THAT, you have the Wyrm. If you are dealing with a Ranger/Walker Harasser, they are basically non-factors due to them being so poor against ground targets. ANY kind of lightning will pose a major threat to them, even a Skyguard. E.S.F.s in the right hands already will crumble every ground target in the game. o_O It is one of the only styles of play that truly makes death optional. To that end; I in fact, would prefer they had a locking weapon for ground targets instead of Hornets because Hornets are so deadly. Locks, you have defenses against and can hear them coming... Hornets, you do not know what hit you until the second barrage, at which point half of your life is gone.

To, DarkQuark:
    :confused: It is so easy to kill a Flash even cloaked due to the rider being exposed it does not matter if they had the ability to fly, they are only useful in the hands of the dedicated and skilled. I kill so many on a regular basis. The most dangerous of the them is T.R.s Pillager not so much due to the fact that it actually ACTS like a Flamethrower, but in a vehicle, they are VERY hard to hear, and that reload is almost instant. As much as you may not like it, it is fare. It is attached to something that can easily be ran over and and can be EASILY ran of by doing damage to the driver. :D If you are dying by being ran over by one, it is 100% your fault. For one the game is messed up when it comes to Road-kills. You can run people over head-on, having them dead to rites and it still not award you a Roadkill due to lag and how this game tries to predict actions instead of going with what happened. o_O You basically have to eliminate ALL possibility for your enemies survival to get the kill, and that my friend take a TON of skill unless you are able to run through a massive group of like 10 of 20 clumped up together. Even if you do, who is at fault? The person on the bike that can be one shot by a rocket, and head-shot by any gun? Or the dummies that decided to continuously spawn out in the open, so a bike COULD run them down and have no idea how to spam shoot?;)

To, JustGotSuspended:
    :confused: Flashes, no longer have the ability to one clip ANYTHING properly built but another Flash or a Javelin from the rear without help.