Request for Saving Base Layouts

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Average Zombie, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Average Zombie

You can get higher quality base layouts and functionality by allowing users to save the base layouts. Once a base is constructed allow the position and rotation of deployed objects to be saved to the ANT as a preset. It can then be "Loaded" when the ant is within range of the location the ant was in when it was saved. In terms of database storage, I'm guessing it might be a simple table of xyz position and rotation, the loadout it belongs to, as well as the order in which they get built. The collision checks should be able to happen at runtime when it's loaded into the worldspace.

Balance wise it would make sense they get built one at a time and start as soon as the last finishes. It would also need to have a radius check similar to the sunderer to prevent two loadouts from generating over the top of each other. This would greatly reduce the frustration of reconstruction as well as allow bigger bases if two people create pieces of a bigger blueprint.

I'd also probably pay Daybreak Cash in order to get additional base layouts assuming each saved base preset has a limited number of slots.
    • Up x 3
  2. RabidIBM

I like the concept, and have a few things to pitch in of my own.

I think you might be restricting the rate of set up a bit much. I can run around and place buildings myself faster than waiting for one to be done before placing the next. Perhaps just put a multiplier on the time the buildings are under construction for, and therefore more vulnerable, so enemies see the whole base gold and glowy, giving them a couple minutes to get damage in.

As for reconstruction, I would like base structures to have pads underneath them, sort of like defensive turrets at static bases. This way, the owner would only need to re-activate the building for cortium cost, rather than dealing with the fiddly placement again. These pads would need to clear if the silo dies, as at that point the base is effectively defeated.

When placing with a player or player owned object in the way, I would like to be able to place the object anyways, have a ghost image of it show up, and it not start spawning in until the player moves. Trying to build in a populated area is almost impossible because players block building spawns. An example of this would be building at Lowland Trading Post when my side have just run the enemy armour off the base. There is typically a couple more minutes of tanks using the building for shelter, and infantry running around. I would like to be able to visually signal my team that they are in the way of an intended building. Many people have proximity VOIP muted, and sending PMs to everyone is a pain.