Players (rarely) appearing out of nowhere (video)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NotziMad, Jan 4, 2021.

1. NotziMad

I've reported this a few times in the past.

People have often commented that these guys were cheating.

People also have often commented that it wasn't cheating but related to lag / rendering / whatever.

__

Personally, I have no idea, and it's not something that happens often, so see for yourself :

The first one is the latest, happened today, the other two are older. I didn't bother editing the first one but the 2 others have slow motion.

edit : PS - the resolution is buggy, you might have to set it to High Quality manually

2. OldSchoolD

All 3 guys seem to come out of the closest doors but your rig / connection goes spastic.
    • Up x 1
  3. JustGotSuspended

yup it also looks like his rig had trouble rendering the buildings in that first video as well. Would've been cool to see his frame rate, or get his rig specs.

In any case, those guys seemed pretty laggy. I'm gonna assume you don't get to 11k directive score and a 4+ KDR without a bit of lag advantage and some intense infantry farming in vehicles.

The second player has pretty trash stats, so he probably suffered a lat spike when he killed you.

Same thing seems to happen with the last guy, tho without his name it's hard to check if it's an opportunistic spike or if he always plays with 10000 ping like the first guy.

Could likely be a combination of their lag and your rig having difficulty rendering stuff.

IN any case, since you have the vids, you can always report these guys to CS and send them the video. Lagging isn't against the rules, but maybe you'll come across a mod who thinks these laggy bois are taking it too far. Best you can hope for is a suspension, or deportation to the server they belong on.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

The transition from DX9 to DX11 did not go as smooth as planned. As Biolabs both domed and underground experience these issues.

The game is way overdue for a graphics overhaul.
    • Up x 1
  5. NotziMad

I normally have 210 or more FPS in sanctuary or in empty base. This drops to 45+ in very big fights.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Connection : ADSL

Thing is, I've seen laggy players before, we all have, and that's not how they behave. Laggy players tend to teleport back, these guys are like teleporting forward?
  6. JustGotSuspended

Alright from your specs I'll assume you're not the most tech savy lol. Research RAM and DirectX when you have time.

Anyways, since the DX11, patch, there's a much of bugs and rendering issues, like infils shooting while still cloaked, buildings/textures not rendering, or jittering. Even on my RTX 2070, I get times where I look in a direction and there's nothing that renders. Like just white, blank space. It's a sever-side issue, that gets amplified by client hardware and/or ping.

There's not a rule to being laggy. Depending on the direction they were moving in, when your rig receives what the server processed, they can suddenly render behind, forward, side, up, down, fluctuate...not much we can really do about it.

The last 2 were pretty extreme cases, and thankfully are rare to encounter but it's stuff that's easily attributed to server/player lag, and unfortunately can't be dealt with easily.

From what I heard, apparently they will try to improve client and server performance this year. Fingers crossed, this will at least reduce the laggy instances such as this.
    • Up x 1
  7. OneShadowWarrior

This is my 4th PC since PS2, Nvidia or Ati, my current is a 2080 RTX TI and I doubt even a 3080 RTX would even matter.

Rendering has been a long standing problem with people appearing and disppearing and even headless players or tanks without tops, this list can just keep going on.