[Suggestion] QUEUE Times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AbusementPark, Jan 2, 2021.

1. AbusementPark

Hey every1,

I'm a 'comeback' player, as i used to play in college years ago.
    Just tried to play again today, sat night, but I could not.
    Queue times held me for over 20 mins, and did not let me into either of the 2 open continents.
    This seems very offputting, and nostalgia only goes so far to push through some clunky 'features'.
    I don't know the current state of things, but for what i've experienced, this game does not seem playable to the casual person. Seriously, 20 mins is a significant game session, and just sitting in nowwhere's ville is not fun at all....
    • Up x 2
  2. OneShadowWarrior

Ironically, I never have any of these issues with a membership.

Are you playing for free?
  3. AbusementPark

Yes, since it's my 2nd logon in....6 years or so?
    I used to be a member long ago...is that the only way to beat the queue?
    I'm afraid of commiting to a membership before actually....like playing the game, ya know? Like would queue times really improve?

I also like to rope in friends/family with what i do. We kind of group up on a game for a few months together, play the hell outta it, and move on. It'd be hard for me to convice them to play this with the asterisk that membership is required to even try out the game for a few sessions...
    ...and say i do manage to convince everyone to get memberships, and we get hit with queue times on a saturday night...I'd be very unpopular!
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

"I haven't played in years, I just tried last night and wrel prevented me"

Response -"Have you tried paying 130 a year for a membership"?

Lol dude, the guy's a returning guy trying to check the game out - A GAME THAT NEEDS PLAYERS. He's not gonna spend money on anything on his first day. And given how amazing wrel's queues are, I doubt he'll try playing again, much less with a membership lmfao.
  5. JustGotSuspended

I'm happy you're checking the game out, but it's not really in the best state right now. The queues for instance are so moronic because they don't balance anything and simply serve to troll players.

We can always hope for the best, but yeah, don't expect much from this game rn.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

I have a lifetime membership that I bought when it was first offered because I loved Planetside so much, still do. I can honestly say that Rogue Planet has done nothing exciting for me since they took over yet.

If you can deal with the waiting, think about it, it’s free. If you can’t wait, that’s what a monthly sub is for.

The choice is really yours in the end.
  7. JustGotSuspended

yeah that's kinda the point of a lifetime membership. If you bought one and didn't keep it forever, that would kinda kill the point.

Again, you fail to see the issue through reasonable lens. For new players, they want to try the game, and won't wait 30 minutes for a queue. They also won't feel encouraged to pay to play a game they're unfamiliar with and that doesn't want them to play in the first place! Yeah, they can go play something else, a game that actually lets them play!!!!

You're giving people your (less than practical) solutions to counter a problem that was invented by the devs, and shouldn't even exist! THE QUEUES DON'T WORK. They don't balance fights. They don't balance alerts. They fail to balance the continent half the time anyways. Then there's the fact they're discouraging people from playing, and killing the game.

NO ONE CARES that the queues go away if you wait an hour, pay 2 play, glitch your way through, or rub wrel the right way - new players especially. We want them GONE. They've been destroying the game for years, it's time we deleted these tumors from the game.

I have no idea how you can even attempt to justify that preventing new players from playing a dying game unless they pay a fee or wait 30 minutes (basically for the continent to lock) is an acceptable and logical way of managing a game.
  8. DarkQuark

Complaints about the game aside, what server was this on out of curiosity? I played free for years and never got anything more than just a few mins of queue time at most. Maybe I just got lucky or played at off times but that just seems out of whack based on my experience. Not saying you are wrong at all just meaning it might be worth trying again or trying a different server if possible.

With that said, the game has some issues this is true, but it is still worth playing either for free or if you pay in my opinion. Granted I would not play either if I had to wait 20mins each time. Hopefully that was temporary.
  9. JustGotSuspended

Yeah the queues are a bit weird, sometimes they display 1 minute and make you wait an hour, other times they display 45 minutes then log you in a few minutes after. In either case, it's discouraging to players, and the queues should have been removed a long time ago.
  10. The Grand Crusader

Yeah...queue times are one of the most annoying parts of this game. I used to have a membership for 5 years but cancelled it right before COVID because I couldn't spend the money anymore on it and I do not like the direction the devs are taking this game in. Prime example being the Shattered Warpgate update.

To answer your question about membership improving your queue time. Yes it will help significantly reduce the time and bump you up ahead of all F2P players. I usually would only have to wait maybe a max of 10 minutes with membership vs 20-40 minutes without membership. If you don't play during prime time depending on your region, you can get in faster with or without membership. Like for example anytime after about 11:00pm EST I can get in pretty quickly compared to just a few hours earlier.
  11. Eternaloptimist

was it a faction balance queue or a max population queue?
  12. Zhakathoom

I play VS on Miller and I've NEVER been in queue for more than a minute at max. I know that's probably not useful info for you, but try playing a faction that's not overpopped. Factionbalance queue is actually a good thing for the gameplay, so work with it instead of against it.

Make a char for all faction and play the least popped one.