[Suggestion] Warp gage cortium

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Jan 2, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

The current system is awkward. There are a bunch of 6k drops in the warpgate area, but they are around the perimeter, have inconsistent spawn time, and 6k is not an even increment of anyone's storage, so there are always left overs kicking around.

I'd suggest swapping that out for 1 infinite crystal which is always in the same place so players can get used to it, but isn't worth exp so players can't cert mine the infinity stone.

This suggestion would remove irritation from game play without ruining anything. Nobody is actually fortifying anything close to their own warpgate, we're simply stocking out router bases. If I'm fortifying the war front, I'm drawing from the local area, not the warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  2. TR5L4Y3R

i´d rather have them remove large and small cortiumnotes and just have the medium sized ones be permanently placed in strategic areas or close to them (with or without no buildzone) and have them regain cortium per tick like 500 or 1000 cortium every 5 minutes or so ... something like that ... i still find it stupid that players can block their spawn with building structures too close or directly on them .. it makes searching for cortium unnecessarily more tedious than it needs to be ...

also since we are speaking about construction again: there needs to be a QoL addition to placing tactical structures like Glave, Flail and OS to have a rangeindicator on the minimap when placing and actively using them with a marker
    • Up x 3
  3. RabidIBM

Yeah, the people who build on the cortium drops are annoying, especially since they usually are just throwing a 35k in a silo to score it and walking away. They also, can't be TKed, I've tried. Closest I can do is add an OS uplink, walk away, and hope someone "cleverly" kills it. I wonder how hard it would be to just move the cortium drop by 50 meters if it is blocked?
  4. Zipr

Different strokes... All about having FUN!

Let's see first off if I'm not mistaken a cert dump on the Ant not counting the last increment which may be an even 1K leaves you at 9K total which is one 6K and 1/2 a 2nd (imo) Works out perfectly...

You hope to avoid dumping certs to locate cortium??? It's all part of the cat and mouse part of the game Multiple opportunities for cortium might just be guarded by Lib's etc. Maybe try an coordinate w/ the Platoon or some Armor column? Might be the enemy is building player bases nearby!

Yeah I dunno about worrying about other players in general much less where they choose to enjoy building a base Enemy isn't just gonna tell you how far they plan to push when not countered (Possibly the WarpGate tho) Especially on Esamir there is no telling how long such a base could be quite viable What's the worst it could do? Lessen the time needed to regain control of a base near the warpgate (Certainly shouldn't hurt)

P.S. Many of the bases you may encounter near the WG could be for Mission play and/or Just reinforced to enjoy somewhat safely running a router (Free Air etc.)