Dalton - ESF not onehit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pzeugs2, Dec 22, 2020.

1. pzeugs2

What do you guys think about not being able to onehit ESFs with maxed out composit armour?
  2. JustGotSuspended

complete bs

All dumbfires should kill an esf with 1 hit. The deci should kill composite esfs in 1 hit. The dalton idc
  3. RabidIBM

PS2's strike units are already too tanky. ESFs should be more fragile if anything, not tankier. I could say the same of all the other air units though, the amount of armour required to be that tanky would be too heavy to fly.
    • Up x 1
  4. csvfr

The issue is that infantry does not render to ESF before it has spent a good 2-3 seconds in close proximity to them. Meaning that while, a Banshee ESF might kill a squad in a single flyby, this is in theory and does not take practical limitations into account. At prime time trying to farm infantry they will be able to shoot lock ons before the ESF can even get a good aim. Simply shooting rockets at the typical infantry spawn does not work as the infantry need to be rendered to count as a kill.
  5. JustGotSuspended

I didn't realize playing a2g involved aiming
    • Up x 4
  6. Liewec123

i agree that G2A dumbfires should oneshot ESFs, but i don't think dalton should.
    ESFs are supposed to hunt Libs, Libs are supposed to be a threat to ground units,
    but as it stands Libs just spin around in the air like ballerinas oneshotting ESFs all day long.
    this leads to libs simply being anti-everything flying MBTs.
    • Up x 2
  7. csvfr

The Liberator was nerfed a couple of months ago in patch "Oct. 1, 2020 - The Shattered Warpgate":
    Oneshotting ESFs with the Dalton is difficult and takes a lot of skill to pull off. At medium range and beyond (>150m) the ESF can simply press the ascend and descend buttons and perhaps throw in some extra movement to make it near impossible for the Dalton to hit it.
  8. Liewec123

yep, it was a step in the right direction, but taking one step on a long road is'nt going to get you to your destination :p

they can still happily soak up pretty much everything except MBT/lightning rounds.
    they still eat skyguards for breakfast.
    they're still way too tanky for being an anti-everything unit (with the highest DPS weapons in the game) that can fly.
    • Up x 2
  9. InexoraVC

This is how it is now. Dalton doest onehit composite ESF
  10. TR5L4Y3R

wait you mean me as a noob heaving to deal with those scrappy esf controls can now get at least a A2A salvo off against a Daltonlib? PRAAAISSSEEE!!! .... wait i need compositearmor? ... scrap
  11. Liquidrider

This post is entertaining.

Since this was not provided. Oh look Dalton is a Anti Tank weapon.

I am not going to down play the skill it takes to shoot an ESF with a dalton, but the logic behind this post makes no sense considering a Libs with full composite practically eats missiles that are actually used for Anti Air.
  12. Peebuddy

Libs are supposed to be tanky, and deal a lot of dmg, however at the exchange of being slow and clunky. That last part doesn't translate well , even the guy who came in third at the 100-meter-dash is still pretty damn fast, that is the liberator atm.

What needs to happen is that the belly gun can't fire unless somewhat level, if an enemy fighter wants to be stupid and fly underneath then that's his risk, however ESFs for that matter shouldn't be under constant fear of being one shot by a flying shed doing impossible maneuvers it has no right doing.

Just like that the Lib becomes the A2G/ AT focus it was meant to be and not the jack-of-all-trades-360-no-scope-dalton-master-of-all that it currently is.
    • Up x 2