Which directive weapons are worth getting?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheEmancipator, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Johannes Kaiser

Interesting observation, considering most VS HAs and their frigging ducks run with it most of the time. Granted, this is a skewed observation, but whenever a VS HA kills me, in what feels like 80% of cases it was with the BattleGoose.
    And one can find BR 61 VS chars who have it. That was the lowest I found. And you can not aurax 5 weapons without leveling (capping and defending, ribbons and all that in addition), so they MUST have beelined, not palying anything but HA, only ging for kills and not caring for attack or defense rewards.
    And people *certainly* do that for a "meme weapon" with an faction mechanic that is *not useful at all* when compared to other faction mechanics...
  2. JustGotSuspended

I feel it's a bit oversold. There's no denying it's a great gun, one of the best lmgs in the game. It's got the kill potential of the carv while remaining super accurate, not requiring ammo and the fact that the cooldown mechanic continues while the weapon is swapped has saved my bacon more times than I can count.

That said, it's just an orion with a heat mechanic. Nothing more. The orion is a great gun, but you can make it even better with a laser. It's got more 1v1 potential than the betel, but often gets overlooked.
  3. Tr34

I didn't mean "bad" with "meme", I meant it's one of the most famous lmgs that has been a topic for ps2 memes. It's good and I suggest unlocking it if you are playing VS
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Okay, then I misunderstood you, my bad. :)
  5. Demigan

That's actually the most interesting part: Because the only differences are the attachments versus the HEAT mechanic we can see how effective that HEAT mechanic is, and boy is it effective. It's a low-magazine design LMG with a high-magazine capability unless you hose down your opponent, and at that point 50 shots should be more than enough for anyone who unlocked it. The stats don't lie about it: That HEAT mechanic more than compensates for the lacking attachments.
    • Up x 2
  6. JustGotSuspended

depends on the situation I guess. In a 1v1, the orion would likely be a better option. In most scenarios though, the betel is fine because it's built off a great gun, and players are able to make up for that lack of attachments with skill, and benefit more from the little downtime the weapon provides.