Why are hundreds of people waiting to play?z

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spineless, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Spineless

There are 4 conts. 2 are open. There are hundreds of players unable to play the game because there are long lines to get in both open conts. Please explain to me how anyone capable of wiping there own rear end would let this happen? Why would I keep paying subscription to sit in sanctuary? My time is valuable. Its the only thing I cant buy more of. Please dont take my money and waste my time.

Fix the system. It used to work...
    • Up x 4
  2. JustGotSuspended

yeah it's a wonder they haven't addressed those useless queues yet
    • Up x 1
  3. RabidIBM

There are two types of queues, max pop and faction balance. They couldn't have both been locked behind max pop as a third continent would have opened. This means they must either have been both on faction balance queue or one was faction balance and the other was max pop. Either way, it was caused by an imbalance of number of players logged into one faction at one time. You can solve this on your end by logging into a different faction. If you don't have characters on the other factions, you should, so make them. The best way to learn how to counter the other factions' gear is to play with it.
  4. JustGotSuspended

It's absolutely moronic. The max pop queue I can understand, although the queue activates far before the continent is actually full...

The "faction balance" queue is perhaps one of the most ignorant blunders that really shows the gravity of how stupid the devs and players can be. To make players wait 30 minutes in a dying game to keep the population 33%-33%-33% on the continent is the perfect way to annoy players, and avoid creating balanced fights.

I know it's not quite obvious, but to put it simply: balanced continent population != balanced population in a hex. Seriously, it might work on a single call of duty map, but this is a continent full of MANY maps, with THREE factions! The way the forces are spread are infinite, but unless the only open lattice is nason's I can guarantee that there will rarely ever be a balanced fight. It might be a shock to some, but if you recall the fights were actually more balanced back when there weren't queues, and people were happy because they could play the faction they wanted, ACTUALLY PLAY the game (without having to wait), and have fun fights. The game evened out by itself, underpopped factions would each be fighting the larger popped faction, creating some fair and fun fights on each front, and that was it.

The queues have never worked, people still complain all the time about zergs, etc, and I've seen more double teams and zergs when the continent is 33-33-33 than anything else. Really, it's just a lazy, placebo way to please a few braindeads who think "balancing" a continent fixes individual fights.

I don't think we should force players to play a faction they don't want, or wait hours in a queue to play, for something as useless as the pop balance queue. That failure should've been removed long ago, especially since the game needs pop, and can't afford to be selective in it's players.
    • Up x 3
  5. Liewec123

its a lowblow way of selling subs.
    "oh you want to play? then wait half an hour! or slide £8 into my pocket and i'll let you jump the queue."
    disgusting way to make cash, and its killing the game,
    agreed completely that people won't play this game if they log in and see "your position in queue 44/44"
    they'll just say "f%%k that." and go back to playing Cyberpunk.

the game would be so much better if they'd get rid of the faction queue,
    my favourite times were back in 2013 before faction queue was a thing,
    on my server (Ceres before the merge with Cobalt) TR were the zerg faction,
    but vs and nc would mostly focus them, so it balanced it out.
    • Up x 2
  6. zelekk

Pfff geez when continent is heavly out of balance 50-25-25 you eathier get duble team on 50 or every fight is 2:1, and not just some every.
    When its goes 60-20-20 then no matter what you will heave most fights beaing 2:1.
    And 2:1 fights are not fun for any side.
  7. Tr34

That's actually why coordinated people chose VS back then, less population = no queues for your outfit.
    I still rarely get queues on Cobalt since faction populations are somewhat close.
  8. RabidIBM

Honestly, I think you guys are over reacting. If one faction is overpopped, just relog to a different faction. As for "they're using the queue to sell membership", then why did they make the NSO? They released something to get paying members to log into the low pop faction. Now, they botched the execution of the NSO, but the intent is there.