Vanu and Terran against NC on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkRevenger, Dec 19, 2020.

1. DarkRevenger

In all that I have been playing the game I have never seen such injustice. Both factions helping each other to push NC, is it really fair game? Do new players and NC veterans have to put up with this? I understand that there are many players who want to play a faction for fun, but all I see are enemies, we don't have any people and now we can't even opt for a victory because both factions come together just so that we can't even play. We are tired of seeing this abuse, we also want to play, the continuous game errors, the unbalanced number of weapons of all the factions compared to ours ... The list is endless. Do something now, stop paying attention to those who play on the computer platform and put more effort in ours. We want changes now.
  2. Demigan

Everyone always assumes their faction is the one being double-teamed.
    If your faction has less players you often are double-teamed. The game encourages players to capture territory as quickly as possible, so they take it from the team that has the least options to defend themselves. On top of that most of the game revolves around easily farmable statistics like KD or encourages players to make as many kills as possible to get an auraxium medal for a weapon. So picking easy targets is pretty much the name of the game.

I've said it before: make it fun. Make it fun to be outnumbered, add mechanics to let underpopped players fight their opponents through guerilla tactics or similar. Make sure that players can actually exit the spawn without being farmed and having to move through chokepoints just to occupy the neighbouring buildings.

At its core PS2 simply cannot have population balance so it makes no sense trying. It does make sense to make sure an underpopped player can still enjoy the gameplay and feel effective.
    • Up x 1
  3. JustGotSuspended

^^^^^^

I was also super disappointed that a majority of the new bases on esamir don't have a teleporter, which is kind of silly. Usually during zergs, everyone forgets about the teleporter, defenders included (unless they are side by side lol). Take gourney dam for example, and you could scream at people to take the teleporter which I've only seen guarded twice in the whole base's existence, and you'll still be the only one making your way unbothered to the point from the back. We need more teleporters to reward some sort of tactical pincer movement, or at least allow for smarter players to try a flank.

I'd like to see some teleporters on every base, less restrictive no-deploy zones, and some additional mechanics to make fighting zergs fun, while still allowing fun fights when the pop is even/near even.
    • Up x 1
  4. RabidIBM

As Demigan said, every faction believes they are thr victim of a double teaming conspiracy. Every faction also believes the gear is unfair, every faction believes the devs have a favorite faction which is not themselves. Want to know how do deal with this? Make characters on the other factions. Learn to use the other faction's gear to learn to counter it. Try to complain to faction y or z about why faction x always gets double teamed, then hear the "what are you talking about? You always double team us!"

Also agree on teleporter spawn rooms and various other ways to get out of the spawn room. More of this is needed, and why limit ourselves to one teleporter?
  5. Liewec123

It feels this way for TR and NC because noone enjoys fighting VS.
    So while VS are rolling over bases on one side of you,
    on the other side you'll be clashing with the other faction too.
  6. UberNoob1337101

Literally the most Cobalt VS thing I've seen.

Cobalt VS is unplayable off-primetime because nobody fights you and win alerts by ghost capping.
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

yeah i'd started to enjoy playing my NSO but i can't ever escape stupid vanu!
    my NSO character is feeling more like a VS character.
    but every base that VS are at, they're zerging, and i hate being part of a zerg!
    so no way to play my NSO unless i get lucky at the start of a continent and get put on TR/NC,
    and then i can decide if i'd prefer the fun of fighting TR/NC or the dedication to stop stupid vanu from winning :p
  8. pnkdth

Ah yes, the paradox of PS2. Everybody, yet no one, zergs depending on where you stand. If your factions does it, it is organisation and strategy but if the opposing faction does it they're anti-fun and meanies.

Imagine, if you will, if the NC and TR met the zerg head on and kept doing it. We might just have some serious fights on our hands but, let's be honest, that would interrupt your easy access cert farming and you rather be doing that than challenging yourself.

If you look at the PS2alerts (since it started collecting data again) there's not a wide gulf between the factions. It seems to mostly depend on the server themselves. Miller, as it stands, looks like the most even server of them all (especially during prime time). If the VS are in fact being handed out victories on a silver platter then VS barely seem to be a problem at all.