scout (ground) vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Doc Jim

Ahoy there! Returning player here.

"When I was a young twenty-something, we used Flashes for scout radar!"

Me: returns to PS2, slaps scout radar on ANT and M20 HMG on roof, getting same radar but with full protection for crew and 360° field of fire as well as the whole construction shebang.

At the end of 2020, is there any reason to pull a scout Flash instead of an ANT, other than that it is cheaper to pull? Am I missing something?
  2. RRRIV

cloak w/o cortium

much smaller profile

a hell of a lot quieter

boost w/o cortium

yes, cheaper

iirc, with racer maxed, its faster than the ant
  3. CHINI

Flashes are perceived far louder, as they are high pitched... The only reasons I wouldn't rather pull an ANT are: Flash has lower nanite cost. And Sundis are cheaper but often more practically
  4. RRRIV

you can hear an ant laser constantly and while its cloaked, to the extent that you can track it via this sound alone. you can run escape with a flash because its engine sound is quieter than the ant mining lazer sound
  5. Pelojian

if you just want to reveal enemies flash is better, smaller and easier to hide.
    if you want to reveal enemies and support infantry like an IFV ant with passive stealth is better especially if you are just parking it and using it as a mobile turret.
  6. Liewec123

I run scout flash on my triage medic,
    Sure ant is better in every way if you want to purely scout,
    But if you wanna get indoors and have some fun, scout flash still has a purpose!

Also double xp events as a triage scout flash with shield-regen device is like printing certs!
    • Up x 1
  7. Doc Jim

Lots of interesting points, especially the Triage Flash, that's a combo I probably would never have considered on my own xD
  8. RabidIBM

I can fit a flash through doorways and chill with my crew while we do a point hold. Throw on being a medic to passively heal people, and throw down your shield regen, and you can go get snacks and come back to certs. Then hop to the #2 seat and res people 1 handed while you eat.
    • Up x 1
  9. CHINI

ok, why would the laser be active when you drive your ant? Or am I missing somthing out?
  10. RRRIV

the laser sound specificly. its been bugged for a long time, but when you find an enemy ant that is mining, the mining laser sound effect will still play, even when the ant is cloaked