A CALL FOR HELP!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Dec 14, 2020.

1. JustGotSuspended

I'm pretty sure everyone fears having their main character/account deleted. Although we may not share the same opinions, perhaps take things a bit too personally sometimes, and infect the community with our bad/good days, we all love this game and the characters that we've invested so much of our time/money in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/kc0jn3/my_main_character_has_been_deleted_without_me/

I came across this thread earlier, and it's very sad to hear someone's main get deleted for no reason, and that customer service would take no action. Anyone reading this thread would understand there's something weird going on, and that any one of us could have been affected by this (especially if it is a bug)! Anyone, but the customer service team it seems.

We all would hate to be in this situation, I personally don't know the dude, but I feel it's important we upvote his post, and try to get wrel or andy's attention towards this issue. With enough traction maybe the devs will be forced to listen. If there's a bug like this, I want it fixed, and this dude's character needs to be recreated if it can't be recovered.

Seriously, let's take a second to support this guy, we'd want the same had we been affected.
    • Up x 1
  2. ican'taim

Ouch that's brutal. I'd probably quit playing if my main char got deleted randomly. (only other character is a BR 16 NC toon with around 250 certs. For reference, my main is a BR 50 TR char with 7k+ certs, level 4 implants, a7 unlocks, and campaign only items like the ice pick and the Stormchaser helmet. I also am f2p although I'd like to support the game in the future if we don't regress to DBG style maintenance mode in 2021.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

customer support has always been so hit or miss in games,
    You either get someone super helpful who sorts everything out, and you can tell that they aim to help!
    Or you get someone who you can tell doesn't give a s**t about helping people,
    This person will probably use a lot of copy paste of the generic "unfortunately it is not possible " BS.

When I get out of bed i'll head over to reddit to upvote! (my tablet freezes for some reason.) :p
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

Yeah super frustrating when you've got issues like this and the guy you're trying to communicate with is a copy/paste robot. I'd much rather they take the time to examine and solve my case instead of instantly replying me the generic "Thank you, we can't do anything, it's all your fault, please let us know if we've helped, have a great day".
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

+1 and bump
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

Yeah! And even worse, i've had one of those lazy copy paste guys give me the "not possible" script,
    And then i've opened up another ticket because I know that it absolutely IS possible
    and had one of the hero customer service guys, who talk to you like a person and sort it out perfectly!
    Proving that the whole "it's not possible" copy and paste BS is really just "I can't be a**sed, have a nice day!"
    (This wasn't in PS2 but either Guildwars or WoW I forget, but every customer service is the same, some heroes and many robots!)
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

fr I can think of so many times where I've explained my issue in detail, I give them a clear detailed procedure on how to SOLVE the problem. And they still give me the generic bs, and force a tremendous waste of time to arrive at the solution I had already concluded months before!

It's really important to persist though, because some CS are utter morons that you have to bypass in order to get the job done. On of my friends got a dishwasher installed, and the guy said there was an issue that could cause a fire (a defect reported in the series or whatever), but not to worry about it because he would sign a paper stating if a fire happened, she'd be covered. Logically, she basically told the guy "you think that paper's gonna survive while the house burns"? But the guy left anyways, and for nearly a year she called and called the company multiple times a day, demanding answers and a replacement - which she was told was impossible. Eventually, the owner of that company called her one morning. She explained the problem, the owner sided with her, and in the afternoon a brand new dishwasher with a proper installation, and took back the one that "may cause a fire".

Sadly, the people that are supposed to help do everything to avoid moving a finger at all costs. But persist, because we all know what is realistic and isn't and we deserve better treatment as customers.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

Know what gets peoples attention? Money.

Itemize everything you've bought for the character and tell them you want a DBC refund for each item. They will want to balk at this but they have to be careful. DBC is created as an insulation from laws that surround purchasing merchants and consumers. This insulation is not limitless.

What you are after isn't so much getting your DBC back. What you're after is to get some attention to the matter. Once you have someone's attention pivot back to what you really want as a customer: Your XP restored.
    • Up x 2
  9. JibbaJabba

Also do more of this. Publicity. Get that reddit post upvoted to the top of the planetside sub
    • Up x 2
  10. JustGotSuspended

yup I'm trying my best to help this guy get some attention!