[Suggestion] Can we make bases not terrible.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SawyerAnderson, Dec 10, 2020.

1. SawyerAnderson

Me and a few friends have done base building off and on but we got back into the game recently and decided to make bases when we don't feel like being sweaty in the zerg fest that is most of the game now. With that being said we've noticed that bases are far weaker than when they first got introduced.

The restriction on turrets to 1 per and that each person has to spend 1k certs per turret makes it hard for a 2-3 man teams to hold off the 1-2 MBTS that sit at 500-700 meters away and just go to town repair be damned.

The suggestion here is that possibly allow each player to place 3 turrets of any kind but make them linked to how walls are done. Sometimes i don't need anti infi or anti air and would prefer a stronger anti vech presence and make repair buildings not **** it wouldn't make bases any harder to take as i would have to pick and choose a setup outside of the 1/1/1 that is overall weak on all fronts.

Meanwhile base sniping is how almost all bases are destroyed this is extremely annoying since a 300-450 nanite tank or two can demolish the base within a few minutes even if the 3-4 people are at the base actively defending.

This is an easy fix make vech weapons do dmg drop off past so many meters and make repair buildings not ****.

Lastly we have the problem that you spend 20-40 minutes setting up a godly base with 3-4 turrets of each type multiple sky shields repair terminals etc. and a two man infil team buys a 50 nanite cloaker flash drives to your walls dismounts stalker cloaks in and cortium bombs the spawn and the silo disabling the base instantly while your 3 man squad went out to go mine more glowing rocks.

The fix for this would be to allow anti infi turrets to spot cloaked infils or to expand the coverage of pain spires i **** you not right before this post i made a one man base went out to go mine got the alert soon as i left the base turned around 20 seconds silo is gone spawn is gone and the base is offline 40+ minute work be damned not gonna lie i alt -f4ed the game instantly.

As it currently stands the work v reward for bases is terrible because a two man squad can destroy any base and before someone tells me i'm wrong me and one of my friends went raging after our base got bombed yesterday and we proceeded to bomb out 5 bases far larger than ours with a vanguard only stopping to reload.
    • Up x 2
  2. RabidIBM

The cortium bombs are definitely the worst part. I can counter tanks, and will usually have to counter a second tank, then the guy is out of nanite for a bit. Cortium bombs being free is absurd. Additionally, if the action heats up around your base, the beeping the bombs make is among the sounds that start cutting out.
  3. SawyerAnderson

I'
    I can deal with cortium bombs my problem is infils stalker cloaking into the base and placing them they should be able to be seen by the turrets or give us something like a massive darklight module.

Me and my friends use cort bombs but we tend to mass drop on the base with a valk and then cort bomb them not stalker infil like a no skill sack of ****