[Suggestion] Make Elysium Spawn Tube Invulerable To Own Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHINI, Dec 13, 2020.

1. CHINI

It happens periodically that some troll (of your own faction) spawns at your base and destroys the elysium spawn tube with almost no backlash. Make it stop... somehow... same-faction-invulnerability for elysium spawn tube wouldn't hurt the gameplay, and I can't think of a way to rly exploit such invulnerability of this key item...
    • Up x 2
  2. RabidIBM

I've never had this problem, but I fully support the idea.
  3. Zipr

Sounds quite similar to an issue I have seen on and off which entails friendlies destroying my Sunderer I believe it may have been an issue back in the day for awards and/or points... It was a specific platoon who I won't share Now it stopped for quite some time and has returned a few times No reason or rhyme Could be someone being funny about their real faction I dunno

I dunno about the Sundy but it sure does seem that destroying a friendly Spawn tube which I think I may have even seen friendlies destroy my router should all be tracked Not so much repercussions unless other various reports of the player appear I mean yeah they may have a sunderer to deploy and/or a router But I do not believe they have any plans (nor reason/ability) to replace no Spawn tube

Maybe just 24 hr's weapons lock when it occurs? Would it matter to you guys if it was some friendly tanker attempting to shoot an enemy cloaker I mean normally I like to think I try to watch my shots Sometimes I do throw caution into the wind which sometimes leads me to tracking down a friendly sunderer until it stops to repair my damages (Really just don't want my name on their kill feed)
  4. JustGotSuspended

It also happens that sometimes someone glitches a router/spawn tube under the map, or in a location where you die upon spawning. So it's not a bad idea to have friendly fire so we can kill the spawns in these scenarios.
  5. JustGotSuspended

yeah I've placed some tactical buses at great flanking positions, deployed some anvil buses for light assaults and infils in trees, etc. I like to be creative with my spawns, and since I was a light assault main, I didn't mind placing some along difficult routes, especially when my bus wasn't the only spawn.

Well some dudes would blow them up to steal the spot, or worse, they would blow them up because they didn't want to spawn there as a heavy, so no one else should. One time, with my anvil bus in a tree, this half squad of tryhards (ASP 100) spent a good 5 minutes trying to C4 my deploy shield bus (with friendlies and I repairing the bus/killing them. They eventually did kill it, and I asked why? The guy told me it was a useless spawn, he didn't want to spawn in a tree. I tried explaining it was for light assaults and snipers, and no one was forcing him to spawn there, we even had other spawns in the area. But try reasoning with those dudes lol.
  6. ican'taim

Support. Allies should not be able to damage construction objects.
  7. CHINI

Well I do not know of any bugs concerning spawn tubes but those trolls seemed upset that I locked my air-terminal :/
    I can't get my finger around, why killing an spawntube without the specific deconstruction tool (which only squad mates can pull) by your friendlies would be helpfull, moreover as you can't build in no construction zones...

I did not experience friendlies killing my sundi but I saw players of other factions joining yours to sabotage... a practice rpg fails to punish