PSA: Chameleon has been majorly nerfed

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Fragsteel, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Fragsteel

It's in the recent patch notes, but I didn't notice it until playing for hours:

The only thing Chameleon does now is give you 25% cloak energy when your shield pops, which makes it nearly useless. Go to your loadouts and change it to something else.

This isn't a complaint, just a PSA. The change is probably for the better as I know I've been able to get away with some truly ridiculous tactics using the old Chameleon. Though it'd be nice if they replaced the benefit they removed with something more reasonable. Maybe increasing that 25% to something higher, or remove the energy drain from cloak for a few seconds?
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

woah it totally sucks now!
    time to go through every infil loadout on all of my characters and switch back to something else!

glad you mentioned it because i didn't see it in the patch notes, i'd have kept on using it, wasting a suit slot!
    • Up x 1
  3. IVANPIDORVAN

Never trust a changelogs in this game, i would keep using it untill i see a video representing what it is really been removed.
  4. PhantomStrike

Has anyone confirmed this change?
  5. brutes359

Honestly. I never cared to have them nerf the cloaks in any way. I would have been happy if they just added a scope that lets you rifle spot an infiltrator from a more reasonable distance than the darklight flashlight. Thermal sights used to do that, then they got changed to "Threat detection optics) to only spot vehicles. Because that's totally what we needed, help spotting the 60 ton behemoth with headlights shooting glowing beachballs in our direction. Totally rather have that then be able to spot infiltrators at decent ranges.....I swear, sometimes it feels like the devs have never played their own game....or any game for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  6. TommySharks

Yeah, this is bad... Shield shimmer removal was the only useable part in this suit... RIP Chameleon...