[Suggestion] Battlerank increase in the future?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SkyxTecHD, Dec 8, 2020.

1. SkyxTecHD

Sup!
    I thought about this for a bit now and in my opinion its time to increase the battleranks again. ASP got released almost 2 years ago and for me personally it actually takes my long term motivation to play the game because i cant grind through the ranks anymore.
    I would love to see an increase of ASP ranks by making ASP tiers like bronze/silver/gold/master (like directives) with every Tier the required 1-100 xp should be increased by about 10% while the activation cost for each ASP Tier stays the same(10k Certs/Members free).

This should be easy to implement since it doesnt require alot of new ranks or symbols in the game most is copy paste and color changing or adding 1-2words in the ranks. The current ASP Symbol is already golden for example so why not use that for gold Tier.
    Correct me if thats wrong(not a programer).

There also could be more ASP points given out as a reward (1 per Tier is enough).

Progress would work like this:
    Br 1-100 then activate ASP
    ASP bronze 1-100 ( 1 point every 25br+ 1 start) =current ASP
    activate ASP silver 1-100 (10% more xp req. 1point for completing br100)

activate ASP gold 1-100 (10% more xp req. 1point for completing br100)
    activate ASP master 1-100 (10% more xp req. 1point for completing br100)

Maybe this is something that could be worked on after finishing the new player experience.
    As i mentioned before it shouldnt take much work to implement this in the game and it creates new long term goals for the whole playerbase + it gives all the dedicated veterans something new to achieve.

What do you think about this?
    Looking foreward to constructive feedback and if you like this suggestion feel free to show some support :)
    • Up x 2
  2. RabidIBM

Personally, I just play the game for the sake of playing the game. I don't care about battle rank. However, it wouldn't offend me if this existed, and wouldn't soak much dev resource, so...go for it!
  3. JustGotSuspended

WE need more progression, regarding battle ranks, medals, and I feel there should be more access to ASP points considering how much the whole thing costs, and how situational a lot of them are. I would like to see additional options to spend points on, some reworked a bit, and really get rid of the "no directive weapon" thing it's super annoying.

I feel we should get a point for each 10 battle ranks, and then perhaps one every 25 battle ranks for each tier, I like the idea of having those tiers, but they should reward more than just a few ASP points. I'd say maybe a special camo, cosmetic, a special weapon, etc.

Something creative and cool to flex.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

I would be happy to have something good to buy to begin with. I am playing with my NSO character and it is almost rank 80, it has 99% of the exceptional implants (most of those not so useful, my LA couldn't without Counter-Intelligence but that's all) and the normal implants I use are at rank 5.

The few NSO weapons I have since long time.

I am sitting on a pile of certs, ISO and A7 (is that correct? the one you use to buy the Tranquillity rifle for example) and there is nothing valuable to buy except crappy overpriced bundles.

That's stupid.