When's TR actually getting a MBT?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MoistDoctor, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Demigan

Bias at its best.

You do count the ability of the Magrider to use its afterburner and the ability of the Vanguard to use its shield, but you dont count the ability of the Prowler to use its Barrage?

All you do is name what you perceive as flaws and you dont give any thought to its advantages and potential. Imagine if we looked at how everyone does with the Prowler, from the worst newb to the best pro, against any target, from the worst infantry or humble flash to the Liberator and Skywhale trying to crush it, how would the Prowler compare?

Well it would be doing good. The total package of the Prowler despite your perceived flaws is still a great tool. This is why the TR arent doing worse if you look at their performance statistics. And that is despite the fact that the NC are at the moment superior at using the NS Lightnings.

Also nice orf you to ignore why I pointed out that DPS.
  2. pnkdth

The Maggie does perform well, however, data don't mean much without context and if we look at DasAnfall (even though it is down now) we can identify that the factions had a very even outcome of VKPH/KPH. This means each faction used their MBTs differently but with a similar outcome. TR pulled the most MBTs but prioritised their primary cannon, VS pulled the least MBTs but showed the highest use of secondary weapons, while the NC were somewhere in between TR and VS in terms of secondary gunners.

In other words, asymmetrical balance in action. A similar outcome achieved through different means. Funny part is that I didn't think we had any data to measure this yet it has been on dasanfall for all to see.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tr34

Derelict vehicles are a niche mechanic in my opinion, I only spawn vehicles from the closest base. Most players won't waste their time to get a derelict vehicle from a far away region and drive it to the fight. I only did that to complete campaign quests. Since the tool will expire after the campaign, they won't be usable as I guess.

On Cobalt server we have equal populations in all factions, I rarely see people playing with Magrider. Yet, in every TR fight there are at least 5 prowlers farming infantry or aircraft from hills. Pulling an MBT as VS is a suicide here.
    AP Prowlers are also the best solution against air, it shoots two fast-velocity shells and each one can one-shot an ESF.
    That makes hunting ESFs a lot easier compared to any other tank.

Magriders are useless with their light armor so people don't even bother bringing them to fight. NC's Vanguard at least has defense
    ability to soak-up Prowler's damage. Magrider's mobility doesn't mean anything against veteran players, they hit you with 100% accuracy anyway. It's a Lightning with hovering ability.

VS mostly fights as infantry due to bad vehicles and good rifles. Prowler is the most used MBT at least on our server, every hilltop has one. Only TR has ESF-only or MBT-only outfits due to their above-average vehicles.(Mosquito's Needler, Banshee and small hitbox is also OP)
  4. MoistDoctor

Poor reading skills at it's best.

5. Demigan

So I'm right. You don't count it as you don't even consider it as worthy. My point still stands: You only name what you perceive as flaws and don't give any thought to it's advantages and potential. The only time you "do" this is to say that the advantages don't weigh up against the others, which is blatantly wrong. If the advantages didn't weigh up to it how could the TR Prowler perform as either best or second best?
  6. InexoraVC

No. Stats show other picture. Now all three MBTs are well balanced.

Neither is correct. Every prime time alert has a solid vehicle fights. "Good rifles" is an abstraction.

Not @Miller server.

I'm VS mostly.
    BR 100 ASP.
  7. Touchmaballs

I've noticed the prowler is used a lot more for infantry farming, which probably skews the stats. I have played all factions a lot, mostly TR. I find its easier dealing with vanguard's in a mag than a prowler. Magriders are easier to kill with prowlers but prowlers always die to vanguards. This applies to up close and medium engagements.

I think one solution would be to make the mag a bit smaller, increase the dps of prowler. Not sure what to do about vanguards though as to not make it even harder to kill mags with these changes.
  8. Scatterblak

^^ This.

And mags have plenty of bullet drop:
  9. MoistDoctor

Sure you're right in your own head cause you obviously have reading deficiencies. Completely quoting you wrong and you still can't read it.
  10. Demigan

Does all your dark muttering about tiny details that you shift in your favor even matter? What are you trying to prove? Because I've shown time and again that the Prowler is easily either the best or second best performing MBT, so moping about a what you consider disadvantages and falsely claiming the Prowler cant beat anything when it obviously can is just trolling, a massive bias complex or the inability to grasp the information given to you.
  11. Bonemiser

TR doesn't have a Main Battle Tank? Man, I must not have noticed after having 96 VS completely BTFO by a HESH spammer two hexes away.

I think the bigger takeaway is that MBTs aren't all built for the same role, and that empires give and take in this category. The Vanguard is the closest thing to a typical "bigger Lightning" MBT, while the Prowler is a ground-based Liberator that can **** with people beyond typical MBT ranges, and the Magrider is a bloated MBT-cross-Harasser abomination that gets away with quite a lot. Considering every faction gets access to Lightnings (which are great vehicles), I'd argue MBTs don't even need to fill the same role.

That said, yeah there's the "Prowler has the highest DPS" argument. It's a more objective take, but not one that makes people happy.
  12. That_One_Kane_Guy

Creepy totalitarian dictatorship apologia aside there is nothing new here that hasn't been addressed and refuted before. But apparently we must make a new thread about it every time because reading is hard.