Doubt.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by marcelomormaii, Dec 6, 2020.

1. marcelomormaii

will we ever have a rain storm in Aurax? or a rain that makes the earth wet and muddy puddles?
    • Up x 2
  2. JustGotSuspended

yeah, perhaps a storm that creates a quicksand that drags players under the map and lets them fall to their death....oops

yeah, I've seen wrel's weather effects, I think I've had my fair share of em until at least Planetside 23.
  3. DarkQuark

The idea of an environmental element that interacts with players is on it's own I think a cool idea. A roving storm that just kills the heck out of everything is just poor execution of that idea.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

if we did it'd probably be acid rain that hunts big fights and kills you in 5 drops XD

but on a serious note, rain could be cool (aslong as it is just purely visual.)
    • Up x 4
  5. marcelomormaii

Yeah exactly, purely visual, because we have sunny climates only present in the game.
    • Up x 3
  6. marcelomormaii

I like the anomaly in and Esamir, but a blizzard that would cause difficulty in seeing for a period of time is challenging, do you agree with me?
  7. JustGotSuspended

I don't feel the environment should affect the players. We already have so much stuff to damage/weaken us, the environment shouldn't add to that list. Maybe on stick the anomaly/blizzard in that shattered warpgate area, where people aren't necessarily farming stats, or trying to play the capture/defend game.

Either ways, I don't think it should be prioritized over the many lingering issues the game has.
  8. InexoraVC

For those who fly clouds would add a new level of a2a fights.
    • Up x 3
  9. Clone117

Perhaps a rain storm that lights you up like an xmas tree.
    • Up x 1
  10. CHINI

Thinking about skyrim mods... Now I want it rain :()
    (A storm in this sense would be rather nice, think about bad visibility in real live... no A2G farming anymore)
  11. RabidIBM

I would like weather patterns that do somehow change the game play, but do not directly damage the players or their assets.

Examples of concepts:
    -Severe rain on Hossin that makes the already swampy patches slow everything down when passing through. Vehicles have their engines revving at full to drive at 25 km/h because the wheels and tracks are stuck in the muck. Troops trying to run while wading in 3 feet of water move slower while making loud *schlock schlock* noises.
    -Dust bowl storms on Indar that severely block visibility, allowing units to take advantage of the opportunity to move.
    -Warm spells on Esamir that enable a "shoot the ice" meta to sink enemy vehicles braving the crossings.

In general to OP, yes, I fully agree, but I'm not holding out much hope that it will happen, or if it did happen that it wouldn't be royally ****ed up.
  12. marcelomormaii

it probably won't happen. the minimal difficulty in the game already causes thousands of players to appear complaining about everything, and i am not upset if the environment factor kills me, i find it more dr more difficult. but there are people who prefer an easy game. for example a minimap that shows the location of all enemies. -_-